PDA

View Full Version : Registering A Warmblood

Claud
14-03-03, 07:22 AM
I have a TB mare that I am getting in foal to a registered warmblood stallion. I am wanting to register the foal as a warmblood when it is born.
How do I go about this and is there any criteria that the must fill to do this?
This is my first WB baby, so I am new to this!

Thanks.

Ali at home
10-04-03, 01:54 PM
I don't know if you've found out the info yet Claud. If not I can help you but it's a long winded answer, there are several registration options which depend on lots of different criteria. Best option is the AWHA, if your foal is registered with the AWHA it is eligible for any other WB or sporthorse association on Australia, not necessarily the case the other way around. Go to www.awha.com.au there is an email addy and phone number on there. Or better still look up the contact details in Horse Deals, they'll be fairly current.

Aby (Guest)
15-04-03, 08:57 AM
Another great organization for registering Warmbloods is the ACE Group. I chose them because they were happy to come to the Canberra region so less travel involved for my horses. You will find many WB breeders register with them. Have a look at their web site www.acegroup.com.au. I bred my first WB foal and had him assessed this year and they are so helpful.