PDA

View Full Version : Dacaprio Semen

Lisa (Guest)
12-07-03, 11:23 AM
Hi there. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about the German warmblood stallion Dacaprio (by Davignon 1). I have heard that there may be a problem with the quality of his semen ( that it doesn't freeze well). Has anybody had any success with this stallion? He is a beautiful horse and I would love to breed my mare to him but am hesitant because of the semen issue.

Tori
25-07-03, 06:31 AM
Hey Lisa,

I haven't heard of his seman being of poor quality - but then on the other hand I haven't seen a lot of his progeny on the ground either.

I saw a fantastic little colt the other day by the german stallion - Grand Cru - his is awesome a lovely stallion

We live not far from Belcam international - Contango II was awesome, but as he is deceased now, i can't breed to him. www.belcaminternational.com

I would reccomend Capone. He is fantastic and a lovely horse. They have a yearling colt of Capone's they are keeping to breed with called "Al Capone" and he is wonderful

Another horse I would recommend is Cooperit (IMP) the only son of Contender who you can't use seman from anymore. Cooperit stands at Belcam QLD www.belcam.com.au. he is lovely and carries awsome bloodlines incl. Ramiro & Ladykiller