PDA

View Full Version : Kadlunga Percheron Stud

Martina
13-01-04, 06:41 AM
Does anyone know about this stud or do you have any horses that were bred there.

Kadlunga owner
31-01-04, 05:33 AM
I own a Kadlunga Mare, she is the best horse I have ever had her nature is lovely, I am looking at getting another one soon. The only thing is that the horses are totaly untouched so you will need the correct facilities to handle them when you get them home. They do a little work with them before you pick it up, you will be able to get them on the float and do basic leading but that is it. There nature is so good that you don't have alot of major problems with them. I have had mine for around 4yrs now.

martina
19-02-04, 11:52 AM
My mare is out of Kadlunga Duchess, I wold really like to track her down but I have a feeling that she was dogged. She has thrown a really lovely horse, and I would recommend breeding from these beautiful horses

Kadlunga owner
21-02-04, 12:47 AM
The SA police force buy horses from Kadlunga stud as well.

Wayne B
06-03-04, 01:18 AM
The Kadlunga Stud was started by the late Alex J. Melrose, Ulooloo, South Australia. This stud is recorded in the Percheron Horse Breeders Association Stud Book as being the first stud in Aust. to import registered Percheron Horses,in 1913.
The address listed in the studbook is "KADLUNGA" Mintaro SA 5415.
I am under the impression that the stud is no longer breeding, but suggest you contact the PHBA to get further information.
The docile willing temperment of these horses is recognised as part of the breed and there are many good bloodlines available in AUST.
If you want to contact other breeders try the Percheron Horse Breeders Association and the Percheron Association of Australia.

Cindy Tansley
08-03-04, 04:11 PM
HiMartina,
I have a mare called Kadlunga Heidi. She is percheron cross TB, but reg warmblood. We didn't buy her direct from the stud. Shes over 16hh, beautifully built, 8 years old, dapple grey with black legs. Shes also a lovely nature, we can do anything with her. We are selling her though as she has so much potential, which we just cant exploit due to lack of time and horse transport. She'll be in the April edition of Horse Deals.
She is the best horse we've ever had.
Have you had horses from this stud?.
Regards,
Cindy Tansley

tansleym@hunterlink.net.au

Wayne B.
31-03-04, 12:51 PM
Hi,
If it is any help the name of the gentleman who owns the Kadlunga Stud is Hamish Gosse.

John Lamb
09-04-04, 03:17 AM
Hi, Just found your message re Kadlunga. We have had a number of mares from Kadlunga over the years. They make excellent broodmares for fulblood Percherons as they have an extrordinary nature.
Presently we have two fillies whose lines extend back to a mare called Kadlunga Ney, who is their Grandmother.
They were bred out of Airspeed Carousel (Dam Kadlunga Ney) and Airspeed Highlight Ten (Sire Pinchbeck Highlight)
Both are presently for sale. Airspeed Isabelle is a 2YO black filly, with a lovely nature and would suit any discipline. She is trained to lead and tie at present, with the handling and breaking proces about to start.
Airsped Jacqueline is only 10 months old, friendly and playful, with signs of going white earlier than usual already.
Unfortunately their mother died at Christmas but we stil have the father standing at home
Telephone is 02 6574 5205 or email at dcjrlamb@bigpond.com
Hope to hear from you soon
John Lamb