PDA

View Full Version : Jumping/Dressage stallions

Lisa an Gypsie
29-01-04, 12:03 PM
Hi,
I am wondering what the best type of stallion would be to breed for temprament, fee movement and natural jumping ability. Does anyone know any particular stallions? or what particular beeds? I have a 16.3hh, thoroughbred mare who is a natural jumper with good paces.

Lisa an Gypsie

EA
31-01-04, 01:36 AM
Lisa, the best jumping producers are the French horses, the country primarily breed jumpers, however there are not many of them available here. Some have brilliant free movement and could be used for dressage, while others dont.

The Espri line in Germany, including his sons produce excellent jumpers, with good movement. One of Espris progeny competed in dressage at the Sydney olympics.

Otherwise there are Dutch stallions like budweiser that produce good movement as well as the jump.

sharyn
31-01-04, 02:46 AM
saw a brand new escudo (x espri) foal yesterday and he is just stunning!! i think that escudo is one of the highest ranked jumping stallions in the hanoverian verband.

closer to home, gymnastic star, at kinnordy stud in qld, is producing some very nice stock. holger and melanie have a video of him that i am sure they would be willing to let you view if you are interested in breeding to him. he is a super rideable stallion with great uphill tendency and a very good ability over fences. super elastic movement and a very sweet temperament as well.