PDA

View Full Version : ragazzo

sharyn
09-06-04, 02:55 AM
hi everyone.

has anyone used ragazzo, available through 4aces? i would love some feedback as to the quality of his semen, and also of any offspring which have been bred here or o.s.

thanks!!

Mooks
09-06-04, 06:29 AM
I looked into using Ragazzo last season on my mare and had a lot of difficulty in getting info on any Australian progeny. Four Aces kindly sent out their video of him, but didn't mention if there were any foals on the ground in Aust, only that they had Briar babies on the ground. A friend got in contact with a dressage lady she used to work for in Sweden and she also couldn't find out a great deal on his progeny (that may be as he came from Germany to Sweden, so all his results etc would be in Germany). Other stallions from 4 Aces had progeny on the ground in Sweden, with classification information. So it turned out to be a little bit of a dead end for me. If you can get hold of any info, it would be great if you could post it on here, as I still think he is an impressive boy and think that if crossed with a nice leggy thoroughbred mare, you might just end up with the making of a superstar.

Good luck and let us know if you put your mare in foal to him.

Cheryl
09-06-04, 10:41 AM
There are only a few foals of Ragazzo's in Australia. There are 4 Aces themselves which I think had a couple of mares to foal to him and a girl I think from Riddles Creek who was also expecting a foal by him last season.

His semen has been tested and it is okay to use. His semen was tested at Werribee. The main thing you need to consider when using frozen semen is to make sure that you go to a reputable place for insemination and a vet that has time to do it.

I had previously been in touch with 4 aces last season and the other girl who were all okay. They were great to talk to and gave plenty of information. If you phone them they will be able to give you all details of what foals are in Australia and you should be able to view them.

kt
10-06-04, 04:01 AM
I saw a Ragazzo foal in Riddles Creek area last month. The girl that bred it met Ragazzo whilst working/riding overseas and raves about him.
I thought about him for my WB mare, but being her first foal, I found him at 16.2hh and a refining type, not suitable!

Moose
11-06-04, 01:57 AM
I have a mare pregnant to him at the moment...email me & we can chat - frostynmoose@aol.com