PDA

View Full Version : Don Schufro progeny

kaz2769
14-06-04, 07:13 AM
Does anyone have progeny by Don Schufro? I have one due in sep out of a mare that is Zwion x Kassiber lines. Would like to know what they have turned out like and if anyone else has crossed him with Trakehner?

aslad
08-07-04, 02:40 PM
There's a 4yo by Don Schufro on my yard (I'm in the UK). He was imported as a 3yo and sold through a High Performance Dressage auction for a substantial amount (£30,000). Has fabulous loose and elastic movement and a very sweet temperament. Destined to be a superstar! Not sure what his dam line was though....

kaz2769
09-07-04, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the reply, i thought someone else in Australia might have one but no replys.

Looking forward to the foal, the waiting seems endless now with 2 months and 10 days to go, but who's counting!

Hopefully i will get the same type of movement, Don Schufro is pretty flash and it is nice to know that they have a sweet temp, the mare has too.

alfie1
09-07-04, 02:03 PM
kaz2769,

Jaybee Don Grande is an excellent example of Don Schufro's progeny.

He is a young colt just over 2 years old and is from the same mare as Jaybee Alabaster. So far he has been shown in hand a couple of times and has done quite well.

He has a good temperament for his age and so far seems reasonably relaxed with life.

He has been syndicated by Caroline Coleby, who will train him and through the syndication has a group of mums and dads, who think the world of him.

Hopefully, he will show some promise in coming years.

If you wish to see a photo of him, I think there were one or two in previous AWHA show reports from victoria.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you have a nice foal.

active2
22-07-04, 06:53 PM
i have don schufro“s son(don juan) ,his dam is mecklenburg.
he was bredding in gestuet lewitz in germany ,and i buoght him in holland at professional dressage rider.
really is a fantastic horse,now he has 5 years old,his temperament is
super,very kindly and quiet,and he learn very quickly.
his canter is super,ans he has a lot of supples,and cadence.

kt
23-07-04, 01:39 AM
I know of a few going around - the owners are very impressed with them. Also look up postings and ask this question on wwwarmbloods.com

kaz2769
30-07-04, 08:45 AM
Thankyou to the three replys.