PDA

View Full Version : WHOSE GOT FROZEN SEMEN BABIES DUE??

Integrity
22-06-04, 12:22 PM
How excitement! There are loads about now!! Really nice types some!!

B

kt
22-06-04, 02:06 PM
From what I heard around the traps - getting mares in foal full stop last season was a night mare! Fortunately my frozen baby arrived last season, but I will try frozen again with my 2 wb mares this season - fingers crossed!

EA
23-06-04, 01:36 AM
We didnt have any trouble at all getting our mares in foal. Most went in first time, a couple had to have two breeds, but in the end we have 14 in foal.

the frozen ones we have due are by

Routinier
Alabaster (germany)
El Bundy
Budweiser x 2
Laptop x 2
Condios

the other 6 were bred using chilled. I think they start dropping in October.

Dutch
23-06-04, 12:00 PM
I have a mare in foal to Junior STV, she is due this December. It will be our second foal by Junior STV.

kaz2769
23-06-04, 12:15 PM
Got one due in three months by Don Schufro, but feels like three years to go! Did not have any luck first three straws previous season, but got a maiden in foal first go last season, then had hell time getting mares in foal with live service, was not a good breeding season must have been just lucky with frozen.

Integrity
23-06-04, 01:38 PM
Hi Chris

Am thinking of using Fuertanzer instead of Contucci... and saving $2k ;) on Flashdance

http://www.geocities.com/shahbria/home.html

what do you think?

http://www.freebreeding.com

B

Cate
23-06-04, 10:42 PM
We are using Feuertaenzer in the coming season, and have frozen semen here in NZ. Looking very much forward to seeing the babies and expanding the Trakehner gene pool here in NZ with quality bloodlines and a very nice horse. :)

Integrity
24-06-04, 11:37 AM
Hi Cate!!!

I've been chatting to Cathy (your not the same person?) for a while now on msn.... He's looking more and more like good value for money... I'm going with a mare that is in good nick and has a good breeding history (due in oct to a TB) and she's only 8 so *fingers xed*!!!

B

Cate
24-06-04, 10:38 PM
No I'm not the same person :)
I think he is excellent value for money, with worldclass bloodlines... I will be breeding with trakehner mares, so will be very interested in the results. Hopefully several people will use him and we can revive the Trakehner breed a bit downunder :)

Integrity
25-06-04, 11:55 AM
lol ok! just checking!

IF you go to

www.geocities.com/shahbria/home.html

you'll see the mare i'm going to use (chestnut)

I'm really hoping to be getting more involved with the traks in the next few years... but the FS is v expensive for the top stallions... and then you'd want a pb mare ...

mine will be classified with the society in march '05

Since Valuta and Lutz we've really lost all the interest; but i think with Caprimond influence in the Hann... its coming back!

B