PDA

View Full Version : Stallion Advice

Furn
05-08-04, 03:47 AM
I have a mare by Don Ramiro out of a Winterkoning dam. She has beautiful movement but can be a little hot under saddle (although very sweet on the ground). I am thinking of putting her in foal this comong season.

Can anyone recommend a Stallion blood line that may suit. Ideally the stallion would have a quiet nature that has been proven to be passed onto his progeny.

Any help would be greatlt appreciated.

kt
05-08-04, 01:59 PM
Are you interested in an overseas stallion (ie, frozen semen) or a local stallion in Australia who has chilled or live cover?
There will be plenty of stallions to choose from in Horse Deals Aug and Sept issue.

supercrunch
08-08-04, 04:31 PM
I have worked with many stallions in Australia in which I have no financial ties with. One of the best stallions with a un matched tempreament is Heini. Heini is aged and has plenty of babies out there competing up to Grand Prix. I can certainly vouch as I have 2 and they are amazing to work with.

amlourey
13-08-04, 10:26 AM
I have a Don Ramiro mare here at Byalee who has had two foals to Medallion and is about to have her third and they have been really great offspring. We have retained the first foal (a filly) for breeding and the colt was sold before he was born on the basis of the filly's temperament, looks and movement.

The Don Ramiro-Medallion cross seems to be a good one - I think Heath has bred a few too. Medallion is so very trainable and does seem to pass that attribute on to his offspring.

And yes, of course I am biased, but there are so many Medallions out there now up to FEI level - and the oldest ones are only 8 - that the proof is there to back up my favouritism!