PDA

View Full Version : STIRLING CORBETTE??

Paraiso
11-08-04, 03:29 AM
Does anyone know the sire and dam of a mare called "Stirling Corbette"? I think she is Holsteiner.

Cheers :-)

code45
11-08-04, 04:13 AM
She was by a Contact stallion, if that helps.

You might like to try

Stirling Horses
Windemere Road Lochinvar
NSW 2321
Phone 02 49307 227

Good luck.

amlourey
13-08-04, 10:20 AM
Easy ... Stirling Corbette was one of the broodmares at the NSW Equestrian Centre. She is by Contact out of Faleten. Faleten is by Falkland out of Moneton, who is by Monopol out of Nardine. Monopol is by Moltke out of Bambina and I have their sires/dams too if you need it. Falkland is by Farnese out of Mallorka.

Corbette is the dam of a Ludendorf stallion in WA, Stirling Lendl. She is also the dam of a Salute mare called Stirling Sorbet. She is also the dam of LaBella (by Ludendorf, who is the dam of Madonna (by Medallion), who is the dam of my 4yo Cool Cat gelding, Kit Kat.

Corbette is the dam of a few more too, that I can't recall off the top of my head.

By the way, Stirling Horses is no longer, it's just Ryans at the NSW Equestrian Centre. Stirling was the stud prefix of Bob and Judy Mitchell, who set up the centre with Heath and Rozzie.

Hope that helps.

Paraiso
18-08-04, 04:56 AM
Wow your a full book on the whole warmblood movement!! Yes, Stirling Lendl, I am looking at one one his progeny this weekend and I knew he was by Ludendorf, but didn't know the dam's breeding- THANKYOU

By the way I looove Medallions progeny, has he ever produced any eventer types?

Cheers
Nicole

amlourey
21-08-04, 06:05 AM
There are a few Medallions now eventing ... the problem is that they are so good at moving that no one wants to waste them over a fence!!

However, the Kawabes from up Quirindi way have a couple of them out eventing with themselves and with Malcolm Kerridge ... Heath Ryan has one called Moses that's only young but is a superstar jumper according to Heath ... Kate Chadderton has one coming up too.