PDA

View Full Version : Ex Libris prog?

Integrity
29-08-04, 04:04 AM
Hi

Wondering if anyone here has breed from him. Am considering him for an anglo mare (75% tb). Temperament? Movement? Heights/Expected Heights?

Frozen or Chilled semen used?

Thanks!

manda
29-08-04, 10:37 AM
Hi There!

We are currently waiting for our Vancouver II x Ty Cardin mare to foal down to him!! Tonight may even be the night! I think this foal will be the first Australian born Ex Libris baby so we are really excited! He has bred many top foals in Germany- he even had one of his foals at Athens this year (I think it scored over 70%)! I think he will be a top stallion for Australia especially when you consider his performance test result and the results of his progeny.

sheesa
29-08-04, 12:01 PM
I am currently breeding someones mare to him chilled semen, he dos'nt start until 6th September.
Breeding a large warmblood mare to him so hope to get something really super for the owners.

Integrity
30-08-04, 01:11 AM
OK sheesa can you email me privately with the conception of that one? :D Thanks manda.... I'm quite excited about this season coming! Fingers xed for a beautiful baby - Vancouver was a lovely stallion!

Dutch
30-08-04, 11:03 AM
I am looking at breeding an Anglo mare and a Valuta mare to him this season.
ps - Wasn't his son at the olympics a lovely horse with heaps of talent.
pps - Did anyone notice the super special on Ex Libris semen for the first 10 bookings this season?

Integrity
31-08-04, 12:01 AM
Hi Dutch!

Yes that is primarily the reason for me asking about him!

What is your anglo's breeding out of interest?

:D My mare is by Chetford out of A Cadell/Star Kingdom mare.

kt
31-08-04, 01:35 AM
My Salute x Ludendorf mare is expecting an Ex foal late this year - can't wait. The mare conceived first go. I heard that the first ex foal was born on the weekend in NSW. A bay filly with 2 sox and a star. The owners are over the moon:)

kt
31-08-04, 01:43 AM
Some overseas talk about him:
http://wwwarmbloods.com/forums/old/posts/2702.html

Integrity
31-08-04, 08:06 AM
Hmmm very interesting thanks kt are you in WA btw? There are some lovely big salute/ludendorf mares breeding now and really producing awesome stock to the OS stallions.... would love one but the bank balance aint gonna cover THAT dream at this stage :D

kt
31-08-04, 09:10 AM
I'm in VIC! She has produced 3 stunning Medallion foals and an outstanding Jive Magic colt (sold to stand at stud) and last season she a stunning De Niro filly. Very HAPPY with her and her foals:)

Dutch
31-08-04, 10:34 AM
Hi Integrity,
My anglo is by Penmarric Killarney (who stands at Double TT Stud in NSW) out of a TB mare that used to compete dressage on. She is not very big (about 15.3 - 16hh) but is very nicely put together.

Integrity
31-08-04, 11:25 AM
Hi Dutch did Robyn Parker or Debbie TT breed her by any chance? I know them both and he is a lovely stallion! It's good to see that these proven arab lines are now being PROPERLY used in WB programs! My mare is the same, around 15.3hh but super deep through the girth and has a nice riding horse frame; I'm looking for a bit more height but not too much more width as I'm only 5'6. The movement will also be a plus and she can be a bit hot, though does have a lovely willing temperament and she has only been u/s for a few months after 5ys of nothing!

Dutch
31-08-04, 11:05 PM
Hi Integrity, I bred her and her full brother. Debbie TT lives not far from me. I will be sending the same TB mare back to Killarney this year as well. The combination is producing nice bodied horses that can move very well, with a nicely set on neck.
This young mare should produce a very nice foal from Ex Libris, so I am hoping all goes smoothly this breeding season.