PDA

View Full Version : It's raining fillies!

Fetlock
04-10-04, 10:34 AM
Just a short brag! Last year after so many colts being born, I prayed for some fillies and BINGO, hit the jackpot with 2 out of 4 so far on the ground.
First mare (dark brown) to a mahogany bay) produced what is going to be a jet black filly with 2 socks and a knock out even blaze - very pretty and leggy.
Second mare (chestnut 4 socks) produced a mahogany bay with stunning blaze and 3 socks ( must have lost the other in the paddock somewhere!)
Third mare (chestnut maiden) still standing with legs crossed and eyes bulging and refusing to 'do it'. I think she's gonna burst soon!
Forth mare (chestnut) due Jan - fingers crossed for a filly as she's had 2 before!
Mares 4 & 5 just pregnant after a spell.
New mare, oh boy what a treasure found! about to have a date!
This is a good season compared to others.
Puppies mentioned on other post doing well. All but 2 have had deposits paid one day after advert went in paper. Last 2 have people thinking about them. Selling dogs seems easier than horses and yet some of these pups are more expensive than some horses I've seen advertised.
Who else is on the receiving end of fillies this year?

Integrity
04-10-04, 01:41 PM
woweee well done !!! I INSIST ON PICS!!!

:D

sheesa
04-10-04, 11:51 PM
It's a downpour of Fillies here too.
Six on the ground and only one colt.

Choridas
05-10-04, 11:13 AM
Hey
i am new to this but what do you guys do with the foals? do you keep them as breeding stock or do you sell them? When i say breeding stock i am talking about the filies.

CONGRATS!
i really want to see some pictures!!!

Fetlock
06-10-04, 03:13 AM
Hi Choridas
Welcome to the forum. I will be keeping all my fillies from this season, at least until the age of 3 and 4 years. All will be handled and trained to saddle eventually - then we make the hard decision. All the colts from last year are still entires and will remain so until the same age ( 3 or 4) before we select who gets gelded and who remains an entire.

We are building up our herd of mares with one particular stallion and we have a younger one of another line, coming up through the ranks as the next sire. So unless I get offered mega dollars, i wont be parting company with any of the girls just yet. To date, they are stunning lookers and pedigrees that are of international level.

What do you do with your stock that you breed?

sheesa
14-10-04, 12:26 AM
The fillies are still pouring iut here, except for one......now 7days over and the one I want to be a filly....whats the bet its a colt....

sheesa
14-10-04, 02:49 PM
Following is an e-mail I recieved today,

Author Unknown.

THINK THATS A BIT OF A WIVES TALE HAS 3 FILLIES THIS YEAR WITH MARES GOING 354 359 & 361 DAYS RESPECTIVELY ONLY COLT WENT 342DAYS SO WORK THAT OUT.

HAVE 6 TO GO AND DONT WANT ANY MORE FILLIES
FINALLY GOT A FILLY OUT OF ONE MARE WHO HAS HAD 5 COLTS IN 5 YEARS AND ITS A FILLIES FAMILY SO WE ARE PRETTY HAPPY

LAST 2 YEARS HAD 12 FOALS AND ONLY 2 FILLIES
SO IT DEFINITELY IS RAINING FILLIES THIS YEAR.

NEIGHBOUR HAS HAD 4 OR FOUR FILLIES AFTER NOT HAVING A FILLY IN LAST 3 YEARS............

Come on reveal yourself or don't sent it..

riverviewlodge1
15-10-04, 12:54 PM
Hello new to this game obviously sent it the wrong way, but if thats what happens when you contribute i don't want to play. Too many snakes in the grass

sheesa
15-10-04, 01:58 PM
Fair Enough.

As a point of intrest to others, the COLT has arrived 2.30pm and all is well.