PDA

View Full Version : Registering Partbred Warmblood Foal

Jodes_81
16-11-04, 04:07 AM
I am about to breed my first foal, i hope to be able to register it so as i can show it in some breed classes.

I have a part-bred arab mare (registered) that i am breeding with a Paint Warmblood Stallion (also registered) (Contagious II out of Contango).

Am I able to register the foal in any or all of the following categories: Part-bred arab, part-bred warmblood or part-bred paint? Or are there any other categories that i haven't listed.

Thanks for your help!

wetsawdustdemon
16-11-04, 08:35 AM
don't know about arabs or paints, but for the warmblood side of things you could try ACE http://www.acegroup.com.au . I think they will probably register your foal, if you have some sort of service certificate. But, the website will have more details.

improv
03-12-04, 01:35 AM
Hi, Jodes.
Had Contagious here training a few weeks ago. What a wonderful Chap!

You should have some paperwork with the service. This should have what he is registered with (I would assume Ace)I believe the arab lot have an arab/w.blood registry, so you could check out that to.
I don't know if there is a catagory in the paints, but as it a colour registry and not a breed, there should be something.

EPL
13-12-04, 01:41 AM
Paints are a breed, Pintos are a colour. The stallion you are talking about would be Pinto. If the stallion is registered AWHA then the foal will be registered AWHA Identification Registry (WID). It is possible that you can also get Part Arab registration depending on the percentage of arab the mare carries. If the foal is coloured then you should also be able to register as Pinto. Hope this helps.