PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of breeding next season

Chezvic
19-11-04, 09:33 AM
I have a 10yr old maiden TB mare - I'm thinking of breeding with her next season, so she'll be 11yrs by then (obviously :-))

I'm wanting to put her to a 'performance horse', not TB ( she is ASB registered but breeding not spectacular for racing) to get something suitable for me to train/ride.

She's 16.1hh and I'm only 5 foot! So I'm looking for a smaller compact Stallion, she's quite long in her body but well proportioned, lovely straight confirmation and paces etc. Good jumping ability but her TB mind and temperament is what sometimes drives me insane.

Can anyone suggest a nice Warmblood stallion, preferably in NSW as this is where she may be next year at the start of the breeding season.

thanks.

kt
19-11-04, 09:51 AM
Hi Chezvic! R u going to DTWS? May see u there!
I know the perfect stallion for your girl!
The black Purioso (Dutch breed) colt that passed his AWHA approval in Vic last month. The owner told me that he is standing for $1100 this season. Already quite a few breeders (in the know!) are using him - he is AMAZING! He is 16.1hh and 4yrs old!
E-mail me for the owner's details!

pagan
19-11-04, 02:08 PM
I know of a wonderful little stallion, should suit you perfectly, especially temperament but he is Victoria. He is a small warmblood, black with white on legs and face and one of the sweetest horses you could find. P

turtle
20-11-04, 04:46 AM
What about Medallion? He is only small and I think his youngsters are good natured and often smaller.

Chezvic
23-11-04, 02:36 AM
Thanks all for your input - yes I had thought of Medallion as I am wanting something a little smaller for myself.

cheers

MandyE
23-11-04, 08:38 PM
Hey Chez, my little bloke will be 2 next year, will consider standing him to a couple of very select outside mares by word of mouth only, so if you're interested, let me know! Temperament to die for.

Cheers

Mandy

Chezvic
24-11-04, 06:40 AM
Thanks Mandy,

will definately speak to you next year to help me sort out my options.

cheers,