PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Brand

spinifexx
10-01-05, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone,
My family and have been searching on and off for the meaning of my horse's brand since we bought him 10 years ago. The brand is an upside down V with 'CM' inside. He is a 14 year old Arab and we got him in Melbourne after he had been around to a few owners - all of whom have no idea where he came from. We have tried writing to Arab stud registries etc and have done many web searches with no luck. Thought I'd try here just in case it rings a bell with someone!! Any help would be great - even if you can think of a stud with the initials CM or anything!! Thanks! Ruth

CarleeC
29-01-05, 08:29 AM
Hi Ruth,
I have been searching for my Arab gelding for 9 months since I got him, and only found out about him by chance. I joined up to the OzArabs yahoo group ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OzArabs ) about 2 months ago and posted on their message board about looking for my geldings brand. A lovely lady by the name of Candi (username "Kaydance Park" I think?) looked in her books for me and found out who he was as he was a mystery horse. Lucky he was registered. I also had the brand slightly wrong as it is a hot brand and is a bit faded.
So I say give that a shot, OzArabs requires membership approval so it may take a few days for you to get signed up.
Goodluck! Let me know how you go.
Carlee.

CarleeC
09-02-05, 04:28 AM
Just bumping this up in the hope that Ruth reads it.

Sleepy
09-02-05, 10:14 AM
Hey Ruth

Is he 14 now? seems like such a short time ago you first got him. Good Luck in hopefully finding his orgins.

Sleepy