PDA

View Full Version : Sandro Hit

kt
12-01-05, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know of any pregnancies to Sandro Hit? I know that Denise S has posted her mare's pregnancy but was wondering if there was anymore mares around who are pregnant to him.

wetsawdustdemon
13-01-05, 06:49 AM
I don't know of any others personally besides Denise's, but my mare has just had a positive scan to Sunny Boy on the first insemination (same vet I think).

I wonder how many people will be using Sandro Hit, considering the price of the semen etc?

DeniseS
13-01-05, 01:59 PM
Hi kt,

I spoke to IHB the other day and they said they'd had another client that had had an two different mares AI'd to him and both were positive first go so it looks like he is striking. Having said that i've also heard of someone that's had two goes for nothing. That's frozen for ya.......ya never ever know for certain till ya try.

Gotta love it lol.

kt
14-01-05, 07:20 AM
Thanks for your comments and good luck:)
I have just heard from a friend that her mare is in foal to Sandro Hit as well which is excellent news, but I have also just heard a lot of people whose mares have not success with it. As they say - that is the luck of frozen semen!

kota
14-01-05, 11:50 AM
We have two mares positive first cycle to Sandro Hit.
Both are npw post 25 days and cruising.

ernie
14-01-05, 03:25 PM
That is excellent Kota!!! :-)

What are the mares?? (not to be critical - only as a matter of interest) :-)

Would love to see some really top mares in foal to him - mares with a litle bit of the "old" warmblood - Farn, Grande or Argentus come to mind - mixed with some of the excellent new blood that's wowing everybody in the young horse performance arenas. That would be a good mare, and a good cross.

kota
15-01-05, 04:11 PM
Ernie,

Don't know what the mares breeding was, they where done for a client.
I do know they where warmblood mares, big mummas, and calm in the breeding stocks. Unlike the arabs and Q/H, they are a little scatty and you have no room to move.
Good luck to all those who have done breeding this season.

DeniseS
18-01-05, 02:29 PM
Ernie, my girl that is in foal to Sandro Hit is by Royal Diamond and out of a W line mare. She is 16.2hh and looking BIG already lol. I also chose to use a tall mare because the word in Germany is that on a general basis Sandro Hit is not throwing his size.

Bring on September !!

Integrity
18-01-05, 03:24 PM
Denise - I remember foal pics of that girl like yesterday!! my how time flys!! If K's Royal Gregor colt is anything to go by, size shouldn't be a prob if it takes after mum that way!! Best of luck!! (HOW EXCITEMENT!!) :D

DeniseS
19-01-05, 02:06 PM
Hi Integrity,

Yeah time does get away doesn't it.....makes me feel old lol.

I remember seeing K's pics of that fellow and he was just a super foal. I heard from someone else to that had seen him out at a show and they were saying how impressed they were with him. Do you know if she ended up gelding him??

Integrity
19-01-05, 02:41 PM
hi

yup !! he's def two stone lighter!! K's teaching now, so no longer at Aspley GG.. the 'little' bugger was being bit too colty!! We have a joke that the two of us should do a pairs hack class one day with the two boys, as my theo and k's william look like twins... although mine is rather lighter in bone and will definately be shorter! From a distance though at the moment, VERY SIMILAR!! Scarey thing is the only thing that they have in common is being male and being out of a tb mare!