PDA

View Full Version : Pregant mares not showing to stalli

Integrity
08-04-05, 07:40 AM
Anyone else with a mare that has done that?

Sqealing, small clear discharge for 24 hrs... some winking?

pagan
08-04-05, 10:29 AM
What is your question?

Bats_79
09-04-05, 08:55 AM
Yes, and I got all the stuff together to giver her a flush. But her cervix was closed so I didn't. 140days pregnant still. Thank you God.

ponychick
12-04-05, 09:20 AM
I had a mare that wouldnt get in foal and i had been trying for 5 years to get this mare in pregant and nothing , until i read about raspberry leaves. You can only feed it until you see the stallion serve the mare and stop feeding straight away . It really works because i fed this mare for only a month and she got in foal and has just had it a few weeks ago. See if your local produce store or feed store can get it in or carrys herbs for horses. Its crushed Raspberry leaves. For more information about this have a look on any of the sites that deal in herbs..Its meant to give mares a higher Fertility rate than normal.

Integrity
12-04-05, 11:56 AM
Hi Pagan

Sorry badly worded tired post ;)

The mare was paddocked next to her 'hubby' after being served on the 3rd/4th Feb... did not return in season... I have heard about Rasperry Leaves and infact have a Tb mare on those to help tone her uterus...

Once I brought the mare home, she acted in season to the Tb mare the next day! Didn't seem to last long though?

*I can't get her scanned for another few weeks btw*

Thoughts/Opinions on mare's behaviour, is it a dominance thing? She used to be "boss" mare...

pagan
12-04-05, 12:05 PM
Ooohh. OK.
My good old mare, who in the end was a one-shag-wonder, came 'into season' for the first six months of her first pregnancy. Drove the stud mad 'cos she was always chatting up the teaser. Good luck with her.

Integrity
13-04-05, 08:28 AM
Ok Pagan, thanks, has eased my mind somewhat. Hopefully I can get her scanned in the next few weeks, otherwise a blood test a bit later.

After the last episode with her I'm not impressed - considering the first time she was served by this stallion she went straight in! THen I had to put foal down due to broken leg... :( so hopefully third time lucky?

improv
16-04-05, 06:46 AM
I've had tons of this sort of behavior from the mares. I would make a guess that your mare is just re-asserting her dominance and importance (naturally!) back into the pecking order.
I've found it no guide to pregnancy, but sometimes in a mare that is not normally 'flirty', I've held hope that her hormones are changing!!