PDA

View Full Version : Spelling.... The tides have turned!

Stirling
12-04-05, 12:37 PM
Hi Spelling,

Just had to tell someone, after all my dramas with breeding the past 2 seasons, the stud owners of my last two failed attempts, contacted me tonight to say that they would like me to put 2 of my mares in foal to him next season ~ at no extra cost, just the single service already paid for..... how nice is that of them???

I was so thrilled, has restored my optimism for next season! Hope all is still going well with your mare.

Cheers
Stirling

pagan
13-04-05, 01:22 AM
What wonderful news. Stud owners sound pretty decent. Good luck for next season.

MP
13-04-05, 10:33 AM
Congrats Stirling Great News,
I know the cost and dramas of breeding, 3 seasons of trying to get mares pregnant two with overseas semen, with a mobility and morbidity rate of 30%. No pregnancies! I choose Mayfield PZAZZ because of his very high percentage rates and wham she is pregnant.
So many things to consider! Good luck with the next season.

Stirling
13-04-05, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys, I really was quite excited at the news, after having been run around by others it was a welcome change to my optimism for next year. I also sent them current pics (by e-mail) last night of my current foal which is also by their stallion and tonight I get a message back asking for permission to put them on their web site because she is such a perfect example of what he is throwing out of TB's..... Soooo exciting, they think my girl is good enough to go out for the WWW to see! I thought she was, but feeling pretty chuffed that the stud want to show her off also! Tis a very nice feeling!!!!

MP
15-04-05, 01:01 PM
Hi Stirling
So who is this mystery stallion????

Stirling
16-04-05, 04:34 AM
MP, I was going to send you some pics, but can't do it thru the Forum, if you would like to see some e-mail me your addy!

Spelling
19-04-05, 12:18 PM
Hi Stirling,

Congratulations . . . that is wonderful news after such a difficult period there. I hope you have instant success and the mare have no complications. You won't know what to do with all those foals! :) K

Spelling
19-04-05, 12:19 PM
Sorry, typos there . . . I meant "and that the mares have no complications". Bugger, should use the preview option . . .