PDA

View Full Version : Racehorse Website

Bowerbird
08-06-05, 01:20 AM
Hi Everyone

Does anyone know of a website where I can put in a racehorses name and find out details of breeding, racing etc ??

I have just acquired an ex-racehorse and I would love to know his history.

Thanks in advance,
Bowerbird.

Moose
08-06-05, 04:05 AM
ozform will give you his race record - you need to be a member but that doesnt cost anything @ the other is the Australian thoroughbred studbook - that costs (~$30 per year) but will give you the breeding of every registered racehorse in the country!. A google search will give you the direct web addys.

Or if you are nice & lucky leave his name and or your email addy on here & someone might fish them out for you.

Talaki
08-06-05, 08:47 AM
www.ozeform.com for record and www.allbreedpedigree.com for the pedigree.

Ness10
08-06-05, 10:22 PM
Go to the australian stud book at www.studbook.aust.com or www.tbaus.com (thoroughbred breeders). These should help with pedigrees etc...

lc1
11-06-05, 08:58 AM
The best source I have found re their race record and it is free of charge is expertform.com.au. You have to register but it is a free service - you need to know his racing name of course. I also have registered full access to the australian stud book website (cos I have a TB stallion) so if you have your horse's registered name I will be able to do the full search of his pedigree whereas a casual visitor just gets summary detail.

Bowerbird
12-06-05, 08:46 AM
Thanks everyone, I will try your suggestions.

Unfortunately the horse isn't suitable for me and I am sending him back so I won't name him publicly.

Does anyone know of any Hong Kong Racing websites, this horse spent most of his racing career there.

Thanks again and happy horsing,
Bowerbird.