PDA

View Full Version : Ruatoria Pache

Ness10
08-06-05, 12:40 PM
Hello !
Looking for any info on this horse. Apparently NZ horse 16.3hh pinto stallion, apparently warmblood ???? Ruatoria Pache. Know anything about him ? Would love to hear from you if you do.

You_who_U
22-06-05, 08:23 AM
I know there's a filly by him in the June Horse Deals page 49. I'm pretty certain he's thoroughbred mainly not warmblood.

This is the add in the Horse deals...there's a photo as well...

Imported Warmblood filly, born 26-9-03. S: Ruatoria Pache, 16.3hh (black and white). D: 16.1hh jumping mare. Good to handle. Ties up, floats, trim feet. Should mature 16.1hh plus. $4,200. Ph 0412 729 759 Broadford, Vic. Tel: 0412 729 759

Molly22
24-06-05, 04:00 PM
Hi, A good place to post a query would be the Horsetalk forum on http://nzhorses.co.nz/ there is a wealth of knowledge of the various stallions and breeders there and people are more than happy to help out.
Molly.

belambi
27-06-05, 09:47 PM
Hi is a clydesdale cross.I do have some photos of him..but not sure how to post them..

belambi
28-06-05, 02:26 AM
http://tinypic.com/6fbbbc.jpg

There ya go..

Talaki
28-06-05, 10:32 AM
I might sound ignorant, but what on earth is a "Gisborne"? Never heard of this breed before.

belambi
29-06-05, 01:09 AM
The Gisborne region is well known for its big, steep back country stations where they having been breeding horses for over 100 years. These horses were bred as working horses, they were prized for their toughness, stamina, surefootedness, and sane brains. Although essentially a station hack many of the Gisborne lines have some very famous ancestors - some very good thoroughbred lines as well as a good dash of Arab and Cleveland Bay.
Although many of the best breeding stations are now in foreign ownership and no longer have horses, those in the know have tried to save the old bloodlines and keep them going.
Gisborne breds are very popular currently in NZ as showjumpers and dressage horses - and when crossed out ot TBs as top eventers. Just one example being John Cottle's Telegraph who was bred on Waipoa station

Ness10
02-07-05, 02:40 PM
Thanks to all who replied.

Belambi you are a super hero, photo and all aye !!! Thanks a million !! You have solved my problem.

Cheers Big Ears