PDA

View Full Version : Virus Warning

Looksthgoods
26-09-01, 12:42 PM
TROJ_VOTE.A is currently spreading in-the-wild. This destructive, mass-mailing Trojan was created using Visual Basic 5. It propagates via Microsoft Outlook by sending emails to all addresses listed in an infected userís address book. It arrives in an email with the following:

Subject: Fwd: Peace BeTween AmeriCa And IsLam !

Message Body: Hi! iS iT A waR Against AmeriCa Or IsLam! Letís Vote To Live in Peace!

Attachment: WTC.EXE

TROJ_VOTE.A deletes certain antivirus products installed in a system, drops the files WTC.exe MixDaLaL.vbs, and Zacker.vbs. It also modifies the infected userís Internet Explorer startup page, and formats the infected userís drive c:\.

It parses drives and directories in search of HTM and HTML files and overwrites them with the following string: AmeRiCa ...Few Days WiLL Show You What We Can Do !!! It's Our Turn >>> ZaCkEr is So Sorry For You.

imported_bill
26-09-01, 01:34 PM
Looksy - not sure how this virus warning made its way to the Meet Market. I think the only viruses that need caution here are sexually transmitted diseases :-)

imported_bill
26-09-01, 01:36 PM
Which reminds me :-

"What is the meaning of life?"

Life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Fine Cotton
27-09-01, 03:30 AM
Ahh Bill....You CRACK me up! :-)

Looksthgoods
27-09-01, 09:27 AM
roflmao @ Bill. You have created a monster with the meet market...lol ;-)

p.s. thought it appropriate to place the warning here as these are the "types" who love to open attachements. :-)