PDA

View Full Version : email address



mark69 (Guest)
22-10-01, 11:23 AM
g'day everyone,
as most of you have by now found out, it gets quite difficult to keep track of all the threads that you are on and to bring up the ones that have a lot of replies can take a frustratingly loooong time to appear on your screen. i thought that for any general messages it would be handy to post my email address = markallan69@hotmail.com

i have been away for 3 days and yes, thankyou bill for cleaning up the site!!!!

trouble is that i think some of my messages were caught up "in the crap" that was going on and i think there were some that i was to receive messages for and others that i should have replied to..... apologies to anyone that i did not reply to before bill quite rightly put the cleaners through!!!:-)mark

dragonlady
23-10-01, 02:48 AM
Everyone seems to be getting the hang of it now. After 20 posts the thread goes to "view all" & that's the time for the next poster to start the next one, it's also easier if the threads are numbered. Then the conversation just continues on without the long download times & it's easy to trace if you've been away. Did you have a good weekend??

mark69 (Guest)
24-10-01, 12:04 AM
>Everyone seems to be getting the
>hang of it now. After
>20 posts the thread goes
>to "view all" & that's
>the time for the next
>poster to start the next
>one,

hello dragonlady,
yeah! i was a virgin when i came onto this forum, but i'm getting the hang of it!!;-)

Did you have a good weekend??

yes, had an excellent break thankyou!!!
now would you believe, we went through lochinvar on friday!! we spent friday at the wineries and the way that we did it we ended up near the top end of the vineyards. so we ducked up to the new england and boom boom, we go through lochinvar to get to newcastle. we stayed 2 nights at the madison at charlestown...not a bad little motel!! mark

dragonlady
24-10-01, 04:37 AM
Right past my place with nary so much as a "cooee". Maybe you need to be punished }> Isn't it funny, we live right in the vineyard area & have never gone to one. Not really a fan of wine, give me a White Russian any day.

WB Filly (Guest)
24-10-01, 11:45 AM
Geze Mark didn't call in and see us either!! How many days were you on hols for?? I think you have already said, but i have either forgotten or it didn't register, hmmmmmmm...memory aint what it used to be, i blame the HSC! LOL, it's only the second exam too, hate to see what i'll be like at the end :-) :-) :-)

Never been to a vinyard! Geze, even i have been to one, tell you what your not missing anything. Nothing worse than tagging along watching everyone tasting wine. There are some really nice restaurants though :-) Some sure know how to charge, but geze they sure do serve up a good feast.

Well catch ya's later

WB Filly

mURIEL (Guest)
24-10-01, 11:56 PM
Hi Mark,
Sounds wonderful. Now that my last mare foaled my neighbor/friend; my sister and I are taking mare to Lochinvar to go to Medallion. We've decided to stay somewhere overnight and go wine tasting! Girls just wanna have fun!!! I also have a little passion for Haflingers and have decided that they'll be my breed to work with to produce some pony-dressage ponies. The two Haflinger studs there were most receptive and said 'please drop in and look'. I can't wait!

I do love wine tasting. I have a fridge magnet: Life's too short to drink bad wine. Last year I dated a guy who was a wine buff and he openned my eyes to how exquisite wine really tastes. He used to open 20 year old bottles of wine sometimes when we ate. Extroadinary complex moselles (they're back in fashion) and lovely soft mellow reds to be drank slowly savouring the extroadinary flavours.

I'm assuming you and your lady went - was it romantic?
m

mark69 (Guest)
29-10-01, 03:40 AM
>Right past my place with nary so much as a "cooee". Maybe you need to be punished }> Isn't it funny, we live right in the vineyard area & have never gone to one. Not really a fan of wine, give me a White Russian any day.


i will be giving you a cooee when i come up to newcastle on my next business trip!!

every one has their own taste when it comes to alcohol... mine is beer, wine, baileys, scotch, southern comfort, gin, vodka, bacardi, brandy, liquers, port, midori, malibu, tia maria.....well you get the picture!!!lol:-)

mark69 (Guest)
29-10-01, 03:54 AM
hi wb filly

>Geze Mark didn't call in and see us either!! How many days were you on hols for??

we only ducked up for a long weekend!!we tend to do that quite regularly...next weekend we are off to the south coast for a couple of days.

memory aint what it used to be, i blame the HSC! LOL, it's only
the second exam too, hate to see what i'll be like at the end

how did the first week of exams treat you??? well i hope!!

>Never been to a vinyard! Geze, even i have been to one, tell you what your not missing anything.

actually i would probably agree with wbf there!! it is not up there!! on my favourite things to do either...but you know when the other half says that she would like to do it...you say ok...it is about giving and taking...caring and sharing etc..
there are certainly some great bottles of vino available here in oz...but give me a good bottle of french/italian champagne anyday..asti riccadonna is our favourite!!

There are some really nice restaurants though :-) Some sure know how to charge, but geze they sure do serve up a good feast.

yep, gunna agree with wbf here again!!......seeya!!mark

mark69 (Guest)
29-10-01, 04:12 AM
good'ay muriel

>Hi Mark,
>Sounds wonderful.

yes it was a good break and i'm sure you will enjoy your time up there.

>Now that my last mare foaled my neighbor/friend; my sister and
I are taking mare to Lochinvar to go to Medallion.

is this to the dragonladys place or what??!!

>We've decided to stay somewhere overnight and go wine tasting! Girls just wanna have fun!!!

i think with the 3 of you up there i would like to be a fly on the wall!!!

>I do love wine tasting. I have a fridge magnet:
>Life's too short to drink bad wine.

absolutely...see comment above to wb filly.

>I'm assuming you and your lady went-was it romantic?
well yes and no....i took my inlaws along with us!! you know the giving and taking bit that i have mentioned before!!;-)mark

beyond the glen (Guest)
30-10-01, 01:41 PM
Hi dragonlady

Thanks for the time-saving post on the 'view all after 20' feature ....

.... as a newcomer to this forum and internet forums in general, I started out by viewing messages individually and wondered why some threads listed all posts and others didn't ...... that was, until I read your post .....

Any other tips for first-timers would be greatly appreciated .....

dragonlady
30-10-01, 03:21 PM
You are very welcome. No real tips to pass on, you'll catch on very quickly. Bet you get hooked, just like the rest of us, checking in & catching up when you're supposed to be doing important things, LOL (laughs out loud). Don't be shy, we're all mad here & we have a lot of fun.
Mark, methinks you spoil your wife, romantic weekends away every week......I'm surprised you only have 2 children LOL...oh, that's right, you take the in laws with you, very effective birth control I'm sure.

mark69 (Guest)
31-10-01, 09:02 AM
hi dragonlady,
>
>Mark, methinks you spoil your wife,

methinks you are right,...but it's a 2 way street!!

>romantic weekends away every week......I'm
>surprised you only have 2
>children LOL...oh, that's right, you
>take the in laws with
>you, very effective birth control
>I'm sure.

i have no idea what you are going on about.!!!lol
i have only ever "done it" twice and look what happened!!;-)

i only take the inlaws away every 2 years or so...to the vinyards!! this way i can get my mother-in-law drunk and have my way with her.lol (perish the thought)!!!mark

WB Filly (Guest)
31-10-01, 02:37 PM
Hey there Mark

>we only ducked up for a long weekend!!we tend to do that quite >regularly...next weekend we are off to the south coast for a couple of days.

Wow your having fun, out and about. Wish we could do that, maybe when i am competing more. But then it's not as much of a holiday, no where near as relaxed and care free but still lots of fun!!


>how did the first week of exams treat you??? well i hope!!

Hmmmmm, first week welllll they are gone now which is good :-):-):-) Half way through second week then one more week to go and i can relax *yay* *cheers*

>actually i would probably agree with wbf there!! it is not up there!! on my favourite things to do either...but you know when the other half says that she would like to do it...you say ok...it is about giving and taking...caring and sharing etc..
there are certainly some great bottles of vino available here in oz...but give me a good bottle of french/italian champagne anyday..asti riccadonna is our favourite!!

Hey Mark!! Why aren't there many guys like you around (younger version of course) or are you a dying breed?!?!
Asti Riccadonna!!!! Mum and I luuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvvveeeee Asti Riccaddona :-)

Hmmmm, i think the weekend you were going away has passed (haven't been on for a while), how was it??

Ok well i had better get going....bye....WB Filly

dragonlady
03-11-01, 08:38 AM
To our absolute shock & horror, we discovered, due to the appearance of a granddaughter yesterday, that our CHILDREN must have "done it" too. And all this time we thought we'd brought 'em up "proper". LOL

mark69 (Guest)
09-11-01, 10:44 AM
good afternoon well bred filly,

>Wow your having fun, out and about. Wish we could do
>that, maybe when i am competing more. But then it's
>not as much of a holiday, no where near as relaxed and care free but still lots of fun!!

well now that summers just about here i start to get a bit busier and the weekends away tend to happen a bit less often!!




>Hmmmmm, first week welllll they are gone now which is good
>:-):-):-) Half way through second week then one more week
>to go and i can relax *yay* *cheers*

it should just about be curtains by now for your exams... how do you think you went??? what is in store for wbf now that you have finished your senior schooling??


>Hey Mark!! Why aren't there many guys like you around (younger
>version of course) or are you a dying breed?!?!

i think they broke the mould after they made me!! you may have to ask your mum about that comment!! no, seriously though, there are a lot of nice guys around....it is just a case of being lucky and being in the right place at the right time to meet him!!! look, the same thing can be said for the female brigade as well...my son has not had the best of luck when it comes to choosing a ladyfriend either!!!!! this present one still seems to "like" her ex and would get back together with him if he wasn't such an a***hole!!!. meanwhile, mark jnr is being played at the moment if you ask me!!!

>Asti Riccadonna!!!! Mum and I luuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvvveeeee
>Asti Riccaddona :-) Hmmmm, i think the weekend you
>were going away has passed (haven't been on for a
>while), how was it??

yeah, went down to shellharbour last fri, sat, sun. we went out for chinese on sat night and put away 2 bottles of asti riccadonna....beeeeeeeautifull. had an excellent w\end...went out on the shoalhaven river...did a bit of waterskiing (well tried to anyway!!) on the ski tubes and on the ski bobs. had a great time!!

will catch you later:-)
mark.

mark69 (Guest)
09-11-01, 10:57 AM
>To our absolute shock & horror,
>we discovered, due to the
>appearance of a granddaughter yesterday,
>that our CHILDREN must have
>"done it" too. And all
>this time we thought we'd
>brought 'em up "proper". LOL
>
yes, in case you read this message before my message on another thread... congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter....i hope all is well with mother and baby:-)

i'm sure that they have only did it once too, and look what happened!!!lol.

do you know that when i got married, we put one 50 cent piece in a jar for every time we "did it" on our honeymoon......we then removed one 50 cent piece for every time we have "done it" since...23 years later the jar is still not empty!!lol;-) mark

WB Filly (Guest)
10-11-01, 02:44 AM
>good afternoon well bred filly,


Hmmmmmmm...Well Bred Filly?? I think i prefer that to WarmBlood Filly...lol

>
>well now that summers just about
>here i start to get
>a bit busier and the
>weekends away tend to happen
>a bit less often!!

Oh what a pity, hehe ;-) What do you get up to in the summer?


>it should just about be curtains
>by now for your exams...
>how do you think you
>went??? what is in store
>for wbf now that you
>have finished your senior schooling??

Yep ONE exam left and that's tomorrow (Friday), then all i have to do is sign out and i'm out for good!!!!! Hmmmm, not sure how i went, don't really like to say because whenever i say that i have gone well i do bad or when i say i went bad i go well...So i just simply don't say a thing :-)

Now that i have finished, hmmmm...There's heaps I would like to do...I will be having next year off to compete and get some money together (find a part time job), I would also like to do my level 1's, train and sell a few horses to help with the money situation, I'm thinking about doing some artworks to sell...I love art and do an alright job, so i thought i might be able make a bit of money out of that also and the year after that i might be going to UNI...Depending on my UAI, if I do manage to obtain a high enough UAI i would like to do an Architecture course or Industrial Design. :-) :-) :-) That's just a little bit of what i would like to do next year, there's also Tai Kwan Do and maybe Indoor soccer (not sure about that at the moment)Hehe..Just a bit.




>i think they broke the mould
>after they made me!! you
>may have to ask your
>mum about that comment!! no,
>seriously though, there are a
>lot of nice guys around....it
>is just a case of
>being lucky and being in
>the right place at the
>right time to meet him!!!
>look, the same thing can
>be said for the female
>brigade as well...my son has
>not had the best of
>luck when it comes to
>choosing a ladyfriend either!!!!! this
>present one still seems to
>"like" her ex and would
>get back together with him
>if he wasn't such an
>a***hole!!!. meanwhile, mark jnr is
>being played at the moment
>if you ask me!!!

lol, Mum wasn't sure about that, but I get the gist of what you are saying.
I seem to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time! Either that or when i find nice guys that actually do like me i don't like them anymore than friends..
Not good for Mark Jnr...he could really get hurt, especially if he likes her a lot and believe me I know females are good player's, a friend of mine has proven herself rather good at it and i can't stand it! The frustrating thing is the person being "played" is totally oblivious to what is happeneing till it's too late...


>yeah, went down to shellharbour last
>fri, sat, sun. we went
>out for chinese on sat
>night and put away 2
>bottles of asti riccadonna....beeeeeeeautifull. had
>an excellent w\end...went out on
>the shoalhaven river...did a bit
>of waterskiing (well tried to
>anyway!!) on the ski tubes
>and on the ski bobs.
>had a great time!!

That's great, i'm glad you had a good time :-) :-) LOL, ahhhh...not planning on going to the world titles for waterskiing then i spose!

Well will talk to you later

WB Filly

Oh sent our mare to be put in foal today :-) Really exciting!! *fingers crossed* hoping she falls pregnant first go

mark69 (Guest)
10-11-01, 10:10 AM
>>good afternoon well bred filly,
>
>
>Hmmmmmmm...Well Bred Filly?? I think i
>prefer that to WarmBlood Filly...lol

ooooops!! i got it wrong.(i like "well bred" too)!!


>>well now that summers just about here i start to get a bit busier and the weekends away tend to happen a bit less often!!
>Oh what a pity, hehe ;-)
>What do you get up
>to in the summer?

i tend to work a lot harder in my job...then there's all the great summer things to do around the house!!! lawnmowing,gardening,weeding, watering and cleaning...well i'm sure you get the picture!!

>
>Yep ONE exam left and that's tomorrow (Friday), then all i
>have to do is sign out and i'm out for good!!!!! Hmmmm, not sure how i went, don't really like to say because whenever i
>say that i have gone well i do bad or when i say i went bad i go well...So i just simply don't say a thing :-)

>>maybe you should say i went s**thouse in the lot of them...that way you will probably pass with flying colours and get a great UAI. sounds like you have heaps planned for after the exams, i don't know how you are going to fit it all in!!!!


Depending on my UAI, if I do manage to obtain a high enough
>UAI i would like to do an Architecture course or Industrial Design. :-) :-) :-)

my nephew is doing architecture down in canberra... has been a long haul in both number of years and the treks back and forth for the occasional weekends back home.

>I seem to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time! Either that or when i find nice guys that actually do like me
>i don't like them anymore than friends..

oh well!! you are still very young..with your whole life ahead of you...the right one will come along before you know it:-):-)

>Not good for Mark Jnr...he could really get hurt, especially if
>he likes her a lot and believe me I know females are good player's, a friend of mine has proven herself rather good at it
>and i can't stand it! The frustrating thing is the person being "played" is totally oblivious to what is happeneing
>till it's too late...

latest is that she wants nothing to do with her ex...markjnr interpreted it incorrectly!!!! i'm still not sure though!!!!!i think that there is something not right about the relationship (call it dads intuition)


>That's great, i'm glad you had a good time :-) :-)
>LOL, ahhhh...not planning on going to the world titles for
>waterskiing then i spose!

i could go to the world titles and get the award for the "most battered and bruised"!!!(maybe it was something to do with the asti riccadonna!!);-)


>>Oh sent our mare to be put in foal today :-) Really exciting!! *fingers crossed* hoping she falls pregnant first go

will the filly be "yours" or is it being bred to be sold off???

will catch you later...mark

WB Filly (Guest)
13-11-01, 10:48 AM
Hey there Mark

>ooooops!! i got it wrong.(i like
>"well bred" too)!!

Hehe, well it's a good way to find a new name :-) I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not...



>i tend to work a lot
>harder in my job...then there's
>all the great summer things
>to do around the house!!!
>lawnmowing,gardening,weeding, watering and cleaning...well i'm
>sure you get the picture!!

Yeah i sure do...you lucky thing! Well i now have to look for a job since i am no longer at school...Went for my first interview the other day *fingers crossed* first interview and i loved it...just hoping it went as well as it seemed.

>
>>
>>Yep ONE exam left and that's tomorrow (Friday), then all i
>>have to do is sign out and i'm out for good!!!!! Hmmmm, not sure how i went, don't really like to say because whenever i
>>say that i have gone well i do bad or when i say i went bad i go well...So i just simply don't say a thing :-)
>
>>>maybe you should say i went s**thouse in the lot of them...that way you will probably pass with flying colours and get a great UAI. sounds like you have heaps planned for after the exams, i don't know how you are going to fit it all in!!!!


>my nephew is doing architecture down
>in canberra... has been a
>long haul in both number
>of years and the treks
>back and forth for the
>occasional weekends back home.


Was talking to a relative today and he is an architect and told me it's not all that brilliant, seems to believe construction management is better.


>oh well!! you are still very
>young..with your whole life ahead
>of you...the right one will
>come along before you know
>it:-):-)

Yeah i know...Would still be nice to find someone to have fun with that's into horses...all my friends have no idea about horses and it becomes a real hastle... I'm not really looking for a significant other at the moment, i'm quite happy being single :-)



>latest is that she wants nothing
>to do with her ex...markjnr
>interpreted it incorrectly!!!! i'm still
>not sure though!!!!!i think that
>there is something not right
>about the relationship (call it
>dads intuition)

Dads intuition...Hmmmmm, heard of mothers intuition before...can't say i've heard of dads...


>i could go to the world
>titles and get the award
>for the "most battered and
>bruised"!!!(maybe it was something to
>do with the asti riccadonna!!);-)

LOL, that would be a first...Just make sure you drink whilst competing, that way you wont feel a thing ;-)

>will the filly be "yours" or
>is it being bred to
>be sold off???

Depending on how it turns out, if it looks like it could have potential we will keep it, if not sell it to help fund another young horse that is talented

Bye for now WB Filly

mark69 (Guest)
14-11-01, 03:09 PM
>Hey there "well bred"!!!
>
>>ooooops!! i got it wrong.(i like "well bred" too)!!
>
>Hehe, well it's a good way to find a new name
>:-) I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not...
>
>i reckon you should change your name by deed poll!!!lol

>
Yeah i sure do...you lucky thing! Well i now have to look for a job since i am no longer at school...

>congrats for finishing snr high school.:-)




Went for my first interview the other day *fingers crossed*
>first interview and i loved it...just hoping it went as
>well as it seemed.
>>
>well you don't muck around do you!!!well done , good to see a young one take the initiative and get out there and give it a go!!! what type of position is it?? just something casual to start???? or full time???? doing what?? and where...newcastle??

>Was talking to a relative today and he is an architect
>and told me it's not all that brilliant, seems to
>believe construction management is better.

don't know much about either profession!!! do know my nephew could not find an architectural job for love or money!!!
>
>will the filly be "yours" or is it being bred to be sold off???
>>>>Depending on how it turns out, if it looks like it could have potential we will keep it, if not sell it to help fund another young horse that is talented
>
well of course i must have esp or something!!! it ain't been born yet and i called it a filly (dad's intuition again);-)

see ya later alligator!!!mark

WB Filly (Guest)
15-11-01, 02:50 PM
Hey Mark

>>i reckon you should change your name by deed poll!!!lol

LOL


>>congrats for finishing snr high school.:-)
>>well you don't muck around do you!!!well done , good to see a young one take the initiative and get out there and give it a go!!! what type of position is it?? just something casual to start???? or full time???? doing what?? and where...newcastle??

Thanx :-) Nope i definately don't muck around...I have my car rego to pay in Dec, a formal to pay for...Well my dress, hair etc anyway...Christmas presents to buy and a horse to buy. So i really need to start earning some money to help fund all these expenses...

It's a Coffee shop which is being set up in a new shopping complex which is being built near Maitland...Not sure if you would have heard of it "Gloria Jeans"??? Sounds like a really nice coffee shop, has around 32 different drinks to learn how to make! When i went for my first interview (i now have a second interview as well :-):-):-)...really excited!!!)they told me it could be casual or full time depending on how many people they hire. Ammmmm, I would be serving customers, making drinks (thousands of different types of coffee!! lol, slight exageration)...Pretty much everything you do at cafe's...I'm really excited though!!!


>don't know much about either profession!!!
>do know my nephew could
>not find an architectural job
>for love or money!!!

Yeah...Hmmm well i need a career that pays extrememly well...Thats's the problem with horses, they are very expensive, but worth it :-)


>well of course i must have
>esp or something!!! it ain't
>been born yet and i
>called it a filly (dad's
>intuition again);-)

Mmmmmmmm, a filly would be good, especially for breeding with...Can't go jumping too far ahead though, the mare isn't in foal yet. The vet was up with her all night and then the next morning decided she wasn't ready...So they are going to try again next week.

Well i'm off to bed (i know it's early) but i have a lot to do tomorrow...Trying to get the place tidy for my B'day party on Saturday, it's going to heaps of fun!!! Fancy dress...and i'm going as Barbie... LOL, only prob is i'm not blonde but i refuse to wear a wib as it looks stupid!

Ok well i had better go, catcha later

WB Filly

mark69 (Guest)
19-11-01, 07:57 AM
hello well bred!!!


>Thanx :-) Nope i definately don't muck around...I have my car
>rego to pay in Dec, a formal to pay for...Well my dress, hair etc anyway...Christmas presents to buy and a horse to buy. So i
>really need to start earning some money to help fund all these expenses...

>>you need a job BIG TIME with all those expenses!!
re:formal...does this mean that you have a sexy young guy that is escorting you to your formal?????


>It's a Coffee shop which is being set up in a new shopping complex which is being built near Maitland...Not sure
>if you would have heard of it "Gloria Jeans"???

>yes i hear gloria jeans coffee mentioned on the radio!!!

>>! When i went for my first interview (i now have a second interview as well :-):-):-)...really excited!!!)

>well good on you:-)..they must have been impressed the first time!!


>>they told me it could be casual or full time depending on how
>many people they hire.

>with your lifestyle i think you need as many hours as you can get!!!!

>>I would be serving customers, making drinks (thousands of different types of coffee!! lol, slight exageration)...Pretty much everything you do at cafe's...I'm really excited though!!!

>hey it's a great place to start your first position!!.mark jnr had his first job at burger king.....now he works in a barristers chambers!!!! let me know how your second interview goes. also don't be too disappointed if you do not happen to get the job...it is your first effort remember!!!!:-). just get right back out there and apply for the next job opportunity...with each interview you will get even better and land a job before you know it!!(right place right time!!!)
>

>Well i'm off to bed (i know it's early) but i have a lot to do tomorrow...Trying to get the place tidy for my B'day party
>on Saturday, it's going to heaps of fun!!! Fancy dress...and
>i'm going as Barbie... LOL, only prob is i'm not
>blonde but i refuse to wear a wib as it looks stupid!
>
that's strange... you know i had dinner with the dragons on thurs night, they said that they were going to a fancy dress party on sat night... must have been yours hey??????

btw are you and your mum (and dad if there is one) anticipating a trip to sydney for our dinner???

and btw sorry that you did not win the dinner date with mark jnr....a bit slow there!!!weren't you!!!???


talk to ya later mark

WB Filly (Guest)
20-11-01, 03:04 AM
Hello again Mark


>>>you need a job BIG TIME with all those expenses!!
>re:formal...does this mean that you have
>a sexy young guy that
>is escorting you to your
>formal?????

I sure do :-( haven't been called back about the job yet..I stuffed the second interview up a little, there were 3 people interviewing and it really put me off.

Nope no sexy young guy is goingt o be escorting me to my formal :-( i was too shy to ask anyone, so i'm going with me myself and I...


>>with your lifestyle i think you need as many hours as you can get!!!!

I sure do, I have to start looking for a young horse to train and i'm not looking forward to finding the money to afford him/her...So a well paid job and lots of hours could really come in handy!


>>hey it's a great place to start your first position!!.mark jnr had his first job at burger king.....now he works in a barristers chambers!!!! let me know how your second interview goes. also don't be too disappointed if you do not happen to get the job...it is your first effort remember!!!!:-). just get right back out there and apply for the next job opportunity...with each interview you will get even better and land a job before you know it!!(right place right time!!!)

I hope i get better with each interview, If there was only one person there i would have been fine...But because there were 3 I lost my confidence a little and I am pretty sure they could see. Makes it hard when one of the thiings they are looking for is confidence. So yeah, I have a feeling i didn't get the job. So this one will have to go on the experience list i'm afraid. And back to the paper for me!!


>that's strange... you know i had
>dinner with the dragons on
>thurs night, they said that
>they were going to a
>fancy dress party on sat
>night... must have been yours
>hey??????

Nope wasn't mine, there were quite a few on Saturday night. Would have been nice to meet them though :-). Did you enjoy your dinner??

>btw are you and your mum
>(and dad if there is
>one) anticipating a trip to
>sydney for our dinner???
>
>and btw sorry that you did
>not win the dinner date
>with mark jnr....a bit slow
>there!!!weren't you!!!???

I would like to go to Sydney for your dinner, not sure if mum and dad will be able to find the time to go though :-( :-( :-(

Yeah I was a bit slow...Very tired and couldn't think straight (bit unfair, I think he should have a re-match...hehe) Couldn't believe I didn't realise!!

Ok well i had better get going

Bye for now
WB Filly

mark69 (Guest)
20-11-01, 07:22 AM
hi wwb filly,
>Nope no sexy young guy is going to be escorting me
>to my formal :-( i was too shy to ask anyone, so i'm going with
>me myself and I...
>
>what a shame!!! if you don't ask you don't get;-)

>>So yeah, I have a feeling i didn't get the job. So this one will have to go on the experience list i'm afraid. And back to the paper for me!!
>
>IT IS very daunting when you have 3 against 1. i still think you will still stand a good chance to get a position though!!!! my daughter did hr/ir at uni and she says that with young, just out of schoolers they give you a bit of leeway. mark jnr did not think that he did too well at his first job application but he received a position!!(burger king)

>Nope wasn't mine, there were quite a few on Saturday night.
>Would have been nice to meet them though :-). Did
>you enjoy your dinner??

yes had an excellent time!!! good beer, good food and extra good company!!! see other threads for more details.

>I would like to go to Sydney for your dinner, not sure if mum and dad will be able to find the time to go though :-( :-( :-(

>>there seems to be a bit of an offer from the dragons that you could go down to sydney with them!!! check out the dragonldies comment on the "dinner" thread:-)

>>Yeah I was a bit slow...Very tired and couldn't think straight
>(bit unfair, I think he should have a re-match...hehe) Couldn't
>believe I didn't realise!!

>> well i'll talk to mark jnr and see if he wants another competition... but first off he has to organise a dinner date with rappie;-)

>Bye for now catch'ya later
mark69

WB Filly (Guest)
21-11-01, 01:37 PM
Hey there marky baby!!

How you going????

>>what a shame!!! if you don't ask you don't get;-)

I know, i know...Bit too shy when it comes to those sort of things though. Ahhhhh well i'll have fun with my friends and take a heap of pics and everything so all will be good :-)

>>IT IS very daunting when you have 3 against 1. i still think you will still stand a good chance to get a position though!!!! my daughter did hr/ir at uni and she says that with young, just out of schoolers they give you a bit of leeway. mark jnr did not think that he did too well at his first job application but he received a position!!(burger king)

Yeah it sure is...I got a phone call the other day... Didn't get the job :-( They said it was very close but they didn't have enough positions for all the people they wanted to employ..So it's back to the drawing board, the guy said that he was going to keep my name and number just incase they may decide to employ someone else.

>yes had an excellent time!!! good
>beer, good food and extra
>good company!!! see other threads
>for more details.

That's good...What sort of a feast did they cook up?? Roast no doubt?! (poor attempt at humour)... Oh i also have a bone to pick with you, you still didn't visit..hmph! :-) :-)

>>>there seems to be a bit of an offer from the dragons that you could go down to sydney with them!!! check out the dragonldies comment on the "dinner" thread:-)

I saw that, i will have to reply to them...

>>> well i'll talk to mark jnr and see if he wants another competition... but first off he has to organise a dinner date with rappie;-)

OK!! :-) :-) Hope all goes well with them...

Ok well i had better get going

Bye for now
WB Filly

mark69 (Guest)
24-11-01, 02:16 PM
>Hey there w b filly baby!!
>
>How you going????
i'm just great thanks!!:-)
>>>what a shame!!! if you don't ask you don't get;-)
>
>>Ahhhhh well i'll have fun with my friends and take a
>heap of pics and everything so all will be good :-)

i think your formal is tonight... so by the time you read this it should be over. i hope you had a great time!!! how was the "meet market" at your formal.


>Yeah it sure is...I got a phone call the other day...
>Didn't get the job :-( They said it was very
>close but they didn't have enough positions for all the
>people they wanted to employ..So it's back to the drawing
>board, the guy said that he was going to keep
>my name and number just incase they may decide to
>employ someone else.

better luck next time kid. if some of the ones that they are starting don't work out, or they don't like working there....you may get a phone call quicker than you thought:-). any way like have said before, get out there again and keep applying, the right job is probably around the corner!!!:-)


>>>Oh i also have a bone to pick with you, you still didn't visit..hmph! :-) :-)

>>well it is quite easy to explain to your wife that you are going to meet a family of 3 for diner,....it is a bit more difficult to say that i'm going to newcastle and i'm having dinner with an 18 year old female.

will catch you soon
mark

WB Filly (Guest)
25-11-01, 04:12 AM
Hey Marky baby boy!!!


> i'm just great thanks!!:-)

That's great!!


>i think your formal is tonight...
>so by the time you
>read this it should be
>over. i hope you had
>a great time!!! how was
>the "meet market" at your
>formal.


Yep formal was last night, had a GREAT time!! Everyone looked fantastic...LOL, when i turned up my friends didn't recognise me :-) The red dress and black sunnies totally threw them!! "Meet market" was OK, met one guy. Really really nice guy and Gorgeous!!!!!!! BUT,,,,,, has a girlfriend :-( I have heard they are not going too well though :-) :-)


>better luck next time kid. if
>some of the ones that
>they are starting don't work
>out, or they don't like
>working there....you may get a
>phone call quicker than you
>thought:-). any way like have
>said before, get out there
>again and keep applying, the
>right job is probably around
>the corner!!!:-)


I'm hoping they will call me, never know *fingers crossed*. Yep already have Saturdays paper...Getting in ASAP!


>>>well it is quite easy to explain to your wife that you are going to meet a family of 3 for diner,....it is a bit more difficult to say that i'm going to newcastle and i'm having dinner with an 18 year old female.

18 year old...Who said you would be having dinner with an 18 year :-) Try a 17 year old (18 in 6 days!!!!!) and her family. I was actually thinking of a family BBQ, OH, you could bring Mark Jnr...Hehehe (just joking)...Move over Rappie..LOL

I had better go reply to Dragonlady's offer of a lift to the meet market dinner.

Well i'll see you later alligator ;-)

WB Filly

rappie (Guest)
25-11-01, 08:29 AM
*elbows WB filly and jostles a bit*

no way dude - you move over! *grins, then runs away chuckling*

mark69 (Guest)
25-11-01, 04:09 PM
good evening well bred!

>
>
>Yep formal was last night, had a GREAT time!! Everyone looked
>fantastic...LOL, when i turned up my friends didn't recognise me
>>>well you should not have gone in fancy dress...that was last week..lol:-)

>>The red dress and black sunnies totally threw them!!
>>>ahaaa lady in red!! didn't they write a song about you!!;-)

>"Meet market" was OK, met one guy. Really really nice
>guy and Gorgeous!!!!!!! BUT,,,,,, has a girlfriend :-( I have
>heard they are not going too well though :-) :-)
>>>look out if they break up...make your move well and truly after the break up.
>

>I'm hoping they will call me, never know *fingers crossed*. Yep
>already have Saturdays paper...Getting in ASAP!
>>>good on you, even if you can pick up a job just for christmas...you never know what it may lead to!!:-)

18 year old...Who said you would be having dinner with an
18 year :-) Try a 17 y old (18 in 6 days!!!!!) and her family.
>>>yeah yeah i know...18 next friday!!!!

>I was actually thinking of a family BBQ, OH, you could bring Mark Jnr...Hehehe (just joking)...Move over Rappie..LOL
>>>i "could" bring mark jnr with me next time that i come to newcastle for work...trouble is that he is at work too!!!!. next time i'm up will probably be the end of january...so i may well have met you by then anyway!!! but maybe a get together with the w b's, the dragons and myself!!!!?????and my brother if he is not working too late again!


>
>Well i'll see you in a while crocadile!!!:-

mark69

mark69 (Guest)
25-11-01, 04:13 PM
>*elbows WB filly and jostles a bit*
>
>no way dude - you move over! *grins, then runs away chuckling*


>>>now now, girls, girls... no fighting.!!!! he's only a 6'2" good looking 19 year old male after all!!!! there is heaps of them around!!!:-):-):-)
mark69

rappie (Guest)
25-11-01, 04:25 PM
>>>>now now, girls, girls... no fighting.!!!!

i was being nice, i promise!

he's only a 6'2" good looking 19 year old male after all!!!!

oh of course....how silly of us!


there is heaps of them around!!!:-):-):-)

*grins* where where??


rappie