PDA

View Full Version : 2 length margin

john morgan
25-12-04, 03:28 AM
A simple question:-

If I want System Selector to only select horses with a predicted winning margin of minimum 2 lengths how to I fill in the appropraiate field.

John S-M

neale
25-12-04, 03:49 AM
for predictive margin 2 or worse set pred marg min to 2 and leave max at 99.9

stebbo
25-12-04, 04:12 AM
>If I want System Selector to only select horses with a
>predicted winning margin of minimum 2 lengths how to I fill
>in the appropraiate field.

Hi Neale,

can you please clarify that... I thought that for a winning margin you would enter

Predicted Posn Rank: 1 - 1
Predicted Margin: 0.0 - -2.0

note the -2.0 in the right hand predicted margin field.

Cheers,
Chris.

neale
25-12-04, 05:35 AM
yes Chris you are right - I replied too quickly to John and didn't notice his reference to *winning*.

bren250
25-12-04, 10:15 AM
John wrote

"A simple question:-
If I want System Selector to only select horses with a predicted winning margin of minimum 2 lengths how to I fill in the appropraiate field.

John S-M "

As he wants a MINIMUM winning margin of 2 lengths, ie. to win by 2 or 3 or 10 or 100 lengths, wouldn't you have to enter MINUS 2 for minimum and MINUS 99 for maximum.

Is this right Neale or has the Christmas cheer caught up with me.

Regards

Brendan

neale
28-12-04, 03:25 AM
The criteria is normally used for a range of predicted margins back from the winner so I programmed it differently for winning margins. Below is some more detail reproduced from our Customer Support Bulletin page:

FEBRUARY 2003 - PREDICTED STANDOUT TESTS
System Selector is now able to test for the predicted margin between the 1st and 2nd predicted finishers - in particular test for the top horse when its margin exceeds a user defined amount. This is achieved by entering the desired standout margin as a negative number into the maximum predicted margin box while leaving the minimum predicted margin at zero. For example to see just races where the top rated and second rated horses are at least 2 predicted lengths apart, leave min pred margin at zero and set max pred margin to -2.

Please note the above picks "races" rather than horses so you have to also set pred pos min and max to 1 each if you want to pick the top horse that stands out by above margin. Note you could set pred pos min and max to 2 if you wanted to pick the 2nd rated horse where it is say 2 lengths or more behind first etc etc.

tulloch
23-01-05, 03:32 PM
So Neale if I'm using Cyberhorse-Plus as my primary system selector and I have as one of my rules in the Predicted Margin Min: 0.0 Max: -1.0, but leave the Predicted Posn Rank as the default Min: 1 Max: 24, what is it I'm actually attempting to achieve? I thought I would be asking the program to isolate only those selections that were selected by the Cyberhorse-Plus and were also top-rated by the CIS rating to win with a predicted margin of one length, but given your comments, then this might not be the case.

neale
24-01-05, 10:42 AM
I think you have it right - use max -1 to win by predicted 1 length or more (and +1 for win or beaten by up to 1 length). Using PR$1 to get Plus top rated does not alter the fact that predicted posn/marg etc criteria still refer to CIS predictions.

Regards, Neale Yardley
www.betselector.com.au