PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Tassie's #8

Looking (Guest)
17-07-01, 06:49 AM
Well time to start a new thread I am glad we are all getting along so well in our little tassie thread :-) is there someone going to the new Kingtson Adult Riding club meeting toworrow night at Rural and Saddlery I hope to go and see how it goes.

Looking (Guest)
17-07-01, 01:05 PM
Shaz, how is the video going ,it wasn't that long:-)

Anna_TAS (Guest)
18-07-01, 01:34 AM
Hi all Tassie's.
Can someone help me??? I need a quiet trail riding horse to get my confidence back are there any around at the moment I am looking on the mainland, I am happy to lease or buy.
Please there has to be one in Tassie somewhere!!!

sunshine (Guest)
18-07-01, 06:16 AM
Anna, sellers must go into hibernation(?) for winter. I know a few of my friends who have been looking for new mounts for ages. It seems very hard to buy one in the 14hh -15hh size range, and looking throught the Tassie papers there isn't much advertised. Do you think a lot get sold by "word of mouth" ? Good luck in your search.

amy_g (Guest)
18-07-01, 01:13 PM
Hi Anna - there's not much around at the moment, took me ages to find my new horse (but he was worth it). I've also got a friend who's out looking. She's not finding much either. Put some adds up everywhere you can think of. I had ones in Horseland, Rowland Park, and a couple of times in the paper as well as on Tashorse. I ended up finding my new horse through the paper, they rang up to see if I'd found anything and weren't really sure if they wanted to sell him. Went and rode him, and just clicked.

Fiona in Tassie (Guest)
19-07-01, 12:41 AM
Anna how do you feel about golden oldies? Have a look on Tashorse. That horse may not take you to the Olympics, but it might give you a year or two of confidence building?

Anna_TAS (Guest)
19-07-01, 01:41 AM
Hi Guys,

I adopted a TB Gelding on the weekend he is very quiet to handle etc and I have seen him ridden and has never put a foot wrong, BUT he is very under weight and I fear he may be a handfull once he has weight on, I am hoping not:( as he is lovely, although no oil painting:).

I don't think I will have a look around for another horse I have decided I am going to get the Cruiser I have always wanted.

A question do you guys wash your horses at all through the winter?
This fella I have adopted has a really gross coat on him and his mane and tail are in dreddies, I think he has a bit of dandruff as well he plain feels gross, I would really love to be able to give him a bath this weekend if there is some sun how do you guys go about it???

Rebel (Guest)
19-07-01, 01:59 AM
Anna I would certainly wash your boy to make him and you feel better. Wash when the sun is out and no cold winds (ha ha) dampen the coat with the hose then mix your shampoo into a bucket of hot water this goes a long way with little water. Use a sponge or scrubber to apply soapy water all over. Massage and clean at the same time as body mane and tail are washed. Sometimes with dreddies you just have to trim the mane and tail to a manageagle length. Quick rinse off and scrape and towel dry.Then walk or slow lunge the boy until he is dryer rather than wetter and rug him up. With our cold weather you cant have too much water on for too long but I find the soapy water in a bucket a godsend.

Anna_TAS (Guest)
19-07-01, 02:46 AM
Thanks for that Rebel......now hopefully we get a nice sunny day this weekend :)

Pearla (Guest)
20-07-01, 02:41 AM
Rebel I love the shampoo in the bucket trick but my version uses cold water instead of hot I dont have anywhere near to get hot but the cold works to. Anna dont forget to worm, teeth and also delicing is a good idea. that way all your good work will be effective.

shaz (Guest)
20-07-01, 11:39 AM
Hi all,
looking i have checked out your video,will give you a call after the weekend, have a couple more to look at.

Looking (Guest)
21-07-01, 10:18 AM
Shaz good to hear from you the mare is going to her first show on Sunday in the hack classes I know she will be good;-) and I will try to do some more videoing and take some photos bye

Looking (Guest)
23-07-01, 11:12 AM
Hi, every one I'm one happy girl:-)
My mare went to her first show today and I am so proud of her she was so good the only thing she did wrong was she picked up a wrong canter lead in one class, but she won 2 of her classes and 3rd in the open and they were good size classes and she did a lovely workout for champion and just miss out :D the only down side was I videoed the classes and I went to look tonight and the tape has lines all the way through it I am so p**** off:(
so I will try again at her next show Bye.

sunshine (Guest)
23-07-01, 02:44 PM
Congratulations Looking, all the best for your next outing.
Does anyone know if there are going to be any EFA measurement days soon ?

Tassie girl (Guest)
25-07-01, 02:25 AM
Hi Jet hows thing down Latrobe way its good to be home i went and saw same lovely horses while i was over there but they was only mad old arabs./. i had a ball we tried to go on a pub crawl in Bendigo but to many pubs better go

Jet (Guest)
25-07-01, 09:02 AM
Good on you Tassy Girl, glad you had a good time. Now not so much of the mad old arabs please, you know I have mad young Arabs in my paddaocks!!!!!!!Tell me, how many pubs were there *grin*. Did you see that a stunning PINTO foal by Mappa won supreme at the NSW foal show, beating all other breeds. WOW

Tassie girl (Guest)
25-07-01, 12:12 PM
Jet thats good news specially when my foal by mappa is about to drop but i seen that pinto foal and just loved it it was a special little foal .manorvale has got a wonderful little filly by mappa that i saw and that was better in my eyes but my mare is very pregant and cant wait every day when i rang my three year daughter she told me that the mare had foaled and the colour of it and the name has changed to kelly now.
The arab stud i went to was Millpark and shes got a stallion ill will be useing he was a very nice stallion

Jet (Guest)
26-07-01, 06:17 AM
Not long to go now for your mare. I'm still looking for a eventer for myself, is there many horses for sale down your end of the state ? A little whisper going around this end of the world is....there is a beautiful grey small pony that just landed in the state. :)

Looking (Guest)
26-07-01, 11:55 AM
Jet what are you looking for age,height,breed,sex you don't know what we have down here if you are willing to travel and have a look see.Who was the foal that won at the foal show on the mainland that has conections to tassie????? and it's breeding!
I know I am a sticky### and I love to Know.Bye

jet (Guest)
26-07-01, 02:28 PM
Hi Looking,
I am looking for a Horse 15.3hh plus with jumping ability, hopefully already done a bit of sj & eventing. Must be sane (I'm a bit of a wimp lol), straight legs and doesn't cost the earth !!!
The foal that won supreme at the NSW All Breeds Foal show was a pinto colt foal by Manorvale County Royal bred in Tas by Jodi Allen & Anthony Mountney, they took him with them when the relocated to NSW a few years ago.
I did travel south a few months back to look at a few horses but one was tooo strong and the other bucked me off ! Then bucked off its owner as well. There are very few being advertised at present. I keep seeing lovely types in HD's ,but the non horsey husband says NO Way . I'm hoping more will be advertised in the Spring.

Looking (Guest)
28-07-01, 12:26 PM
I know Jodi and anthony well I seen him last year when he was showing DebbieLee White's Arab Mare and I knew Jodi when she showed am a appy mare and I loved the RP Stallion he is just stunning and it's great to see his babys doing so well over on the mainland. Well so one is looking at the chestnut mare tomorrow so I hope it is a nice day for it.Bye