PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to sign a petition lol

missys-girl
03-08-10, 08:14 PM
Found this on vichorse, bats posted it, so i thought i would shove it on here cause of how stupid it is

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/against-equestrian-sport.html

Here are a couple of comments from people who signed the petition...

By wanting equestrian sport, one is wanting torture. Do you want torture?

i would not like it if anybody rode on my back like this and pullled on my mouth WOULD YOU???

This one is my personal favourite
Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah) is coming back on a horse (Revelation 19 in the Scriptures) and I don't think He will have His horse in a bit, or will He be on a saddle but enjoying HIS CREATURE the way HE MADE HIM! Why can't we!

Define slavery, and tell me how horses aren't slaves of equestrian sports.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, I WAS AN EQUESTRIAN RIDER FOR MOST OF MY LIFE AND ONCE I FULLY UNDERSTOOD THE IMPLICATIONS OF THE SPORT TO THESE BEAUTIFUL AND DEFENSELESS ANIMALS I VOWED TO NEVER PUT ANOTHER BIT INTO A HORSES SENSITIVE MOUTH OR SADDLE ON THEIR BACKS. ANYONE WITH A CONSCIENCE WOULD DO THE SAME. PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT HOW BARBARIC THE SPORT REALLY IS. ITS THROUGH THIS AWARENESS THAT WE MUST MAKE THIS CHANGE NOW, FOR IN OUR HEARTS, WE ALL KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.

Forgot to add...actual horsey people signed it because apparently they are better people then you because they ride in a bitless bridle.

acaciaalba
03-08-10, 08:48 PM
nutters !!
did you know,,on-line petitions dont count anyway. unless a petition is actually printed out, and physically signed and addressed by a person, its a waste of time and effort.
adding your name to a list or petition , on line, counts for nothing .
so i have been told by those who are experts on this stuff.
so Jesus The Messiah has wasted his time !!
are we sad about that ?? do we care ?????

tentative
03-08-10, 08:56 PM
As is similar topic, there's a blog I occasionally read: http://www.bitlesshorseblog.com/

She only works her horses in bitless bridles, she drives and rides with no bit, it's made me want to try it. She doesn't really shove the idea at you, not all the time. Just a "hey try it and then tell me if you don't like it."

We all dislike those people who shove *any* ideas down your throat.

acaciaalba
03-08-10, 09:26 PM
tentative,,,sorry,,,i gave the wrong idea,,,i dont mind the idea of bitless at all. i think it would be wonderfull if everyone could use it, and be successfull with it. anything that is good for the horse. if it works for a person then thats good for the horse for sure.
i just meant those comments on there,,,that MG posted, off her "find" , indicate to me they are nutters !
not the idea of bitless ! i have seen that work very well , so am not criticising at all.
just having a shot at some of those comments,,from the likes of jesus the messiah, and co, some of that is good for a giggle !!!

zak
03-08-10, 10:08 PM
Well bugger me, I'm a barbarian slave driver and torturer, guess I better go get myself a KKK outfit, a branding iron, a 44gallon drum BBQ and a can of gasoline to light it with, cause I've got a hankering for some neddie burgers and if old Zakey boy dont look tasty tonight I dont know what does!

Wonder if I can put that on my resume? Slave Driver, & Torturer... would certainly make for an interesting conversation point at my next interview...

acaciaalba
03-08-10, 10:14 PM
just as well we dont know where you live, Zak, or we would be burning the fiery cross on your front lawn tonight !!!!
( if its not P***ing down there like it is here, that is !!! ).

tentative
03-08-10, 11:13 PM
tentative,,,sorry,,,i gave the wrong idea,,,i dont mind the idea of bitless at all. i think it would be wonderfull if everyone could use it, and be successfull with it. anything that is good for the horse. if it works for a person then thats good for the horse for sure.
i just meant those comments on there,,,that MG posted, off her "find" , indicate to me they are nutters !
not the idea of bitless ! i have seen that work very well , so am not criticising at all.
just having a shot at some of those comments,,from the likes of jesus the messiah, and co, some of that is good for a giggle !!!

Oh, no, I didn't take it that way at all :) I get that you're not turning your nose up at a different way of training, and I just linked so people could read more on it from someone who's not forcing it at you.
I'd love to try it, if I had access to a horse I'd go right ahead. But then, if I got a horse now I'd change a lot of the things I did do. Always learning.

Reata
03-08-10, 11:37 PM
Oh dear!!! we are all going to hell!!!:eek:

But I have to disagree with the petition poster.. Horses love to be ridden ..
Its just the way some of them are ridden that they don't like ..
I have started a few babies and I worked for a very good breaker a number of years ago and those babies loved the security of a good rider..They would just about beg to be ridden ..I really think that horses were put on this earth for humans to ride..We should all strive to ride better and have being ridden feel good to the horse..
As for a bit in the mouth.. nothing at all wrong with that.. Again, bits and the contact with the rider can help a horse feel secure and comfortable.. in the right hands..Sadly the hands are not always right!!:(
As for a saddle.. Please ride in a good quality well fitting saddle with a nice woollen saddle pad... bareback is not good for horses backs ..

LOL one more point..:D A couple of Internet Petitions signed by people from all around the world were presented to the powers that be about Rollkur. I think they made an impression ..

StElmosFire
04-08-10, 12:48 AM
It's frightening the number of loonies that keep popping up.
I wonder if these nutters are like the devotees of one of the Eastern religions (forget which, but I think they're in India) where they walk along gently brushing the ground in their path with a soft broom as they go, in case they tread on an ant or something. It must take a jolly long time to get any jobs done, at that pace! :eek:

Don't get me wrong, people are entitled to their opinions in life, but sometimes they just go totally Over The Top!

thejoth
04-08-10, 08:13 AM
they don't actually say what will happen when all the horses are set free to be what ever they want to be.

I assume they will be free to wonder around like sacred cows in India. I will be trading in my car for a tank, as I don't really feel like stopping on the roads for all the horse soon to be wondering the streets in search of something to do and eat.

& sorry when exactly was racing banned in Vic? you would think someone might have noticed!

but we should be mindful of what some of our activities (roll kur), insight others to do.

zak
04-08-10, 09:18 AM
Actually thinking about it last night, being a horse owner and rider is more akin to being married and having a 2nd wife, than slave driving or torturer.

The horse spends most of its time, sitting around all day, doing what it likes, when it likes, eating what ever/where ever it likes, costing me all my money, demanding that I care for it, look to it, buy it expensive outfits, shoes, coats, brushes, polishes, washes, and some fancy leather apparel, getting accupuncture, massages, chiro, body scrubs, and what do I get in return?....

Occasionally letting me go for a ride....

I fail to see where the slave driving comes into it, or the torture? And if it is, then where do I sign up? I'd happily be a slave....