PDA

View Full Version : What is a good cool feed for and exciteable energetic horse

Lauren Bradford (lozza)
06-03-00, 12:57 PM
went to P.C today horse was full of beans and exciteble on cross country (he's a tockhorse so is full of energy)so me and my instructor decided to switch from coprice to a cool feed maybe mitavite munga or something like that
any ideas
ta

Andie
06-03-00, 01:10 PM
Try Economix,Munga will give him more energy

black beauty
06-03-00, 02:23 PM
Mitavite breeda is excellent for geldings and is a cool feed, I feed it to my gelding, I was also feeding it to a thoroughbred who still stayed calm
Also horsepower pellets are an excellent cool feed that contains no grain, but I personally found breeda was better for holding condition etc.Go to the mitavite feed website and fill in the nutrition form they will answer all your questions.

sar
06-03-00, 02:37 PM
Winergy is about to release a whole range of fantastic new cool feeds. Keep an eye out!

FlockY
06-03-00, 04:19 PM
nm

Jan Heine
06-03-00, 08:14 PM
My suggestion (we have a 15 1/2 hh very buzzy hot thoroughbred who jump sgrand prix) is Equus Cool Stamina pellets - excellent source of energy with no heating up at all!

jazz
07-03-00, 03:23 AM
My horse is almost uncontrollable on any sort of "heating diet". I have had great success with Hygain's Ice. They have the cool energy they need, and keeps the condition on them nicely, and won't heat them up.

Shannon
07-03-00, 03:42 AM
Could you please tell me Mitavites web site address?

Thanks very much

black beauty
07-03-00, 03:50 AM
Shannon, Mitavite's web address is: www.cyberhorse.net.au/mitavite ( you can actually access it via this site too through products/services ) or phone 1800 025 487 there is a nutrition advice form you fill out on there web page, then they will contact you and give you all the help you need ,their very good and very helpful.

ANAIL
09-03-00, 11:08 AM
Have you tried copra meal ?