PDA

View Full Version : A little brag..

emdiddy1
10-10-10, 08:18 PM
Hello! Just wanted to share a little brag about my new OTTB gelding, and i know everyone loves photo's!! :) His racing name was Stribling and he is by Reset out of Hispaniola. I bought him about 2 months ago and he is the most amazing horse! I bought him a week after he finished racing and considering he was on 10kg of grain he was super quiet and responsive.

I plan on showing him next year in Newcomers and doing some dressage.

Here are some pics, hope you like him :) His stable name is Eddie.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60/emdiddy4444/39845_10150223479715112_681285111_13833380_6847352 _n.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60/emdiddy4444/36836_10150226630190112_681285111_13932397_8343968 _n.jpg

emdiddy1
10-10-10, 08:19 PM
and some more!

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60/emdiddy4444/40011_423867997199_613277199_4675119_86216_n.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60/emdiddy4444/38570_10150224651725112_681285111_13866001_4053925 _n.jpg

pea_nutz
10-10-10, 08:22 PM
Can I have him please???? He's lovely!!

Stocky
10-10-10, 08:38 PM
How tall is he? Those legs just look like they go on forever! He's a lovely looking horse.

acaciaalba
10-10-10, 08:44 PM
beautifull horse. lucky horse.
did he win any ?? i am too lazy to hunt him up ?

Miniature Lover
10-10-10, 09:03 PM
I had no idea Darley gave away their horses...unless he was onsold and you got him off another trainer?

my OH works for Darley to get an Ex race horse off them is like asking for a million dollars,they would rather sell them at the sales and let someone else flog them round the track,even if they are selling them because they are no good in the first place.

He looks lovely and with alot more condtion on him and looking like a "hack" he will be stunning

acaciaalba
10-10-10, 09:10 PM
M.L.,,re read her first post,,,,she says she BOUGHT him !! rest easy,,,,your opinion of Darley is restored !!
wonder how many they "sack" and how many of those get a good home, aye ???
this is one of the lucky ones !!!

Luca
10-10-10, 09:22 PM
He is beautiful! I regret not taking any good pictures of my OTT boy before he passed. I'll be getting two new ones soon so you will have a friend to share progress reports with!

Miniature Lover
10-10-10, 09:41 PM
No...my opinion of Darley will never be restored due to personal reasons with them and being sacked cause I was pregnant LOL

thesaddleclub101
10-10-10, 09:41 PM
He's just gorgeous :)
He's got that lovely intelligent thoroughbred look about him.

acaciaalba
10-10-10, 09:43 PM
M.L what would you expect from an organisation whose money comes from arab sheiks ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????
just be glad you worked for them here,,,,,,,,,,and not there !!!!

acaciaalba
10-10-10, 09:47 PM
PS,,,, and i meant your opinion was restored,,,as in,,,,your opinion is they never give away a horse,,,,,,
she bought hers,,,,
they didnt give it to her,,,,
just as you said !!!!! they never give one away,,,,opinion restored !!!

Miniature Lover
10-10-10, 10:01 PM
Ah I getcha now acaciaalba,too true!
Bring back Inghams I say!!! So much better when they were running the show!:eek:

They care nothing of their employees, it's all about the $$$$ with them:rolleyes:
I could tell you so many storys...you would be like :eek:

acaciaalba
10-10-10, 10:30 PM
i never even knew until recently,,,but Sheik Mo has never set foot in Australia !!!!
so much property and so many horses and so much money spent,,,and he has never been here! never seen all that beautifull horseflesh and all those beautifull properties,,,,
not even for the MM sales !!!
i was so sad when Woodlands was sold,,,,i reckon the Mr Ingham,,( Jack),, whose ashes are at the base of Octagonal,s statue at the Jerrys Plains property ,,,he would be doing flip flops in his grave now,,,,,the ashes would be flying !!! i just think he would be horrified at the thought of his home being flogged off like that.
suppose your OH is at the place they are doing over,,,agnes banks is it,,,down there somewhere ???

cobie
10-10-10, 10:36 PM
i was so sad when Woodlands was sold,,,,i reckon the Mr Ingham,,( Jack),, whose ashes are at the base of Octagonal,s statue at the Jerrys Plains property ,,,he would be doing flip flops in his grave now,,,,,the ashes would be flying !!! i just think he would be horrified at the thought of his home being flogged off like that.

Agreed.. I was there in May and it felt like a ghost town.. :(

cobie
10-10-10, 10:37 PM
Oh and emdiddy, he looks like a really lovely boy :) make sure you keep us updated with his progress!

Anubis
11-10-10, 06:10 AM
Nice boy. what are your plans for him?

gdh
11-10-10, 07:42 AM
No...my opinion of Darley will never be restored due to personal reasons with them and being sacked cause I was pregnant LOL

You're not the one who nicked off the 800k from them are you? :D :D

Whoops, forgot the most important bit!! I thought Reset would 'kick far more goals' than he has, at stud but gee his stock are stunners, yours included. He's super & will make up into a beautiful horse with maturity - still looks babyish to me & he's probably only just turned 4 or 5? Tiny bit straight in the shoulder or just the way he's standing? Also love his intelligent eye.

Miniature Lover
11-10-10, 10:27 AM
LOL no no...not the one that took 800K lol! Woulda been nice thou :D

Yes my OH is at one of the places being closed down,they have already closed one place down and his is next to go, and left alot of people without jobs on houses when they closed the first property down.

My oh went for a job at the new place at agnes banks...to be told after working with inghams/darley for 7 years (yes count them 7) he still didn't have enough experience to work at the new place!!!!! WTH?
Yet they went and employed a guy that had never laid a hand on a horse lol....
Me thinks it has something to do with him giving the head of Darley Australia a mouth full when I got sacked.

And that sheik is coming to Australia for the Melbourne cup!! So...his first time in Aus...mind you he is only visiting his "nice" property's and going no where near where my OH works....

And ya know.... there is a photo of him in every office on every property he owns...kinda like the queen has in the U.K in all the police stations and what not.

thats enough for now :P

acaciaalba
11-10-10, 12:20 PM
M.L. you crack me up with the bit about the photos, like the Queen !!!
so he is actually coming for the cup !! that will be interesting !! does he have a runner ?? wonder which wife he will bring !

OakyPoke
11-10-10, 12:43 PM
Cant see your boy (photos dont show here at work, they are blocked somehow) but I do love Reset. Will check him out later.

And ML, its a strange, strange world the TB industry. I've a friend that has worked for a few different studs now. The stories would curl your hair. Not horse abuse or anything like that, but BIG companies not paying wages, not paying Super etc etc.

Miniature Lover
11-10-10, 01:01 PM
He will probably bring his "show" wife,the one that hasn't had any kids...so still has a figure and no strechies lol.

As for a runner in the cup...I am not sure...I rekon he would have.

One of the funniest storys I have is when the sprinklers are on in the paddocks,they send people out to hold the horses till the watering is done 0_o...
Wonder if they think the horses will melt when touched by water?

berty
11-10-10, 01:08 PM
what a lovely boy, your ver lucky to have him. best of luck with your training ans show training

acaciaalba
11-10-10, 01:57 PM
He will probably bring his "show" wife,the one that hasn't had any kids...so still has a figure and no strechies lol.

As for a runner in the cup...I am not sure...I rekon he would have.

One of the funniest storys I have is when the sprinklers are on in the paddocks,they send people out to hold the horses till the watering is done 0_o...
Wonder if they think the horses will melt when touched by water?

what happens when it rains ?? do they have to go out and hold them then, too ????

Noah'sArk
11-10-10, 02:04 PM
Super horse. Bit more weight and some topline and he'll come up a treat. Well done you.

mindari
11-10-10, 03:41 PM
i never even knew until recently,,,but Sheik Mo has never set foot in Australia !!!!
so much property and so many horses and so much money spent,,,and he has never been here! never seen all that beautifull horseflesh and all those beautifull properties,,,,
not even for the MM sales !!!
suppose your OH is at the place they are doing over,,,agnes banks is it,,,down there somewhere ???

ha yes only saw all the changes this week. well last week. forget the original name of the property now. but thats where our hedgeborough was bred... lovely people they were,, lived in the most stunning old blue stone house. n the hay barn...... straight out of the history books.

emdiddy1
11-10-10, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments! He is 16.2hh at the moment and still maturing, and hes a 4yo.

In relation to the Darley comments, A good friend of mine works with the stallions there and he says that the Sheik has only seen the property and horses by a video which filmed the whole stud and it's horses. I bought my boy off a trainer in QLD as he was sold by Darley as a yearling.

To those who asked what i plan on doing with him: I plan on showing him in the large hacks and doing some dressage. I'm not much of a jumper but he has an amazing ability to jump!

Again, thanks for the nice comments, i'm wrapped with him. Cant remember who said it but yes, Reset isn't too good in the stud barn but his progeny are gorgeous! The stud i worked on had some cracking Reset foals and Reset is such a nice boy in the flesh!

Will be sure to post some updates of him :)