PDA

View Full Version : Finally seeing the rewards!

Dragoness
13-11-10, 12:52 PM
Save dragging up the old fat club thread, just thought Id start a new one. I took my girls rug off this morning, as its going to be a stinker of a day and thought she might like a good roll and play in the water jump and WOW, Im impressed. I only had her rug off last weekend, but she seems to have blossomed over the last week even. ALL her winter coat is gone (thankgod, I thought she was hanging on to it for the rest of her life!!!) and she has grown and filled out. Looking more like a horse now instead of a gangly teenager!

When I first got her
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/Dragoness777/P5301611.jpg

after I had turned her out and then found out she hadnt been getting her feed (other horses were stealing it, so she was missing out.) I can't find the first photo's, taken about 3 weeks before these where she looks even worse, made me cry when I first saw her, I felt so guilty for just assuming she was getting her feed every day.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/Dragoness777/P9160160.jpg

Last weekend looking much better
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/Dragoness777/2010-10-30_135331.jpg

This morning, coat glowing and looking like a horse!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/Dragoness777/2010-11-13_074520.jpg

Just thought Id share, as for awhile there I was starting to think that she was never going to put on weight!!!!

Cheers

Dragoness
13-11-10, 12:53 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/Dragoness777/2010-11-13_074657.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/Dragoness777/2010-11-13_074541.jpg

A few more :)

Cheers

BabyBoomer
13-11-10, 01:02 PM
Lovely little horse- has that look of expectation about her, "ok Mum - let's DO something".

kait21
13-11-10, 01:07 PM
Gorgeous little thing, she's gone from being a light on little thing all woolly, to a beautiful looking mare. Congrats, she's lovely to look at.

StElmosFire
13-11-10, 01:15 PM
Wow! Her condition now looks really good! Look at the gloss in that coat too! Well done, and pats all round!

cobie
13-11-10, 01:21 PM
What an improvement Dragoness! You've done a super job with her, she looks gorgeous.

Very jealous of the tail too..

Dragoness
13-11-10, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys, Im really happy with her, she is still a bit bum high as well, so hopefully will grow a tad more as well (she is only just 4yo) Will be coming back into work in a few weeks once Ive finished uni for the year.
Cobie, isnt her tail just gorgeous. At the moment its a paddock condition tail, but when she is back in work it will be bagged and cared for (and about 5 inches cut off, its dragging on the ground atm!) Look out for us on the eventing scene hopefully mid next year!! (if not before, depending on uni, lol)

Cheers

reveleus
13-11-10, 01:28 PM
She looks great. Glowing even :)

Garryngirl
13-11-10, 01:34 PM
She looks great Dragoness and look at that tail! How thick is that tail!

rmjens
13-11-10, 01:55 PM
Just lovely, Dragoness. Glossy chestnuts must be our area's specialty! Be careful, though or she may end up as fat as Charlie!

RTB
13-11-10, 03:01 PM
Lover her headset! QH? What are you going to do with her? How'd you get her tail to be so thick? She looks very sweet & kind.

Dragoness
13-11-10, 04:32 PM
Thats juts her natural tail. Ive been blessed with horses the last few years who just have naturally thick lovely tails. As you can see from the pics, it is not cared for at all (yet) when she is in work, it will be washed, then plaited and tail bagged at all times.
She is a solid paint, so yes, typically QH shape (will be more so once she fills out). Ill do a bit of everything with her. Im an eventer at heart, so mainly eventing, but I like to get them out doing everything from dressage to hunters at western shows, probably some halter stuff as well, just for the hell of it. One of the comments Ive had when selling my last few horses is how quiet they are in all situations, due to my doing everything and anything with them.
As for the sweet and kind bit..... LOL. She is a typical redhead mare. Ive previously had a chestnut/white paint mare by the same sire as this girl, who was great about 90% of the time and then just occasionally we had a huge battle of wills, this girl will take after her half sister I suspect, lol. We actually had a battle just before the pics were taken. I wanted her to stand back and give me room while feeding, she wanted to stand over top of me and wait, so we had a lesson in being patient, lol. All in all though, Im very happy with her, even if she is a solid chestnut which is the one thing I didnt want, lol.

Cheers

alwhitten1
13-11-10, 04:44 PM
She looks great! It makes you feel so so good when you see their condition improve :) She IS very glossy - looks great!!! P.S Did you get the MMS I sent you about the fly veils?

Caille
13-11-10, 04:53 PM
She's such a beautiful girl! I bet you have to wear sunglasses to look at her. She shines like diamonds and has really gained condition! You're doing a great job with her!

cobie
13-11-10, 05:20 PM
Thats juts her natural tail. Ive been blessed with horses the last few years who just have naturally thick lovely tails. As you can see from the pics, it is not cared for at all (yet) when she is in work, it will be washed, then plaited and tail bagged at all times.
Cheers

Lucky bugger. Mine are always bagged, but just have crappy genetics and tails that are less than half the size of that. Sigh. I just have to stick with wasting my wages on false tails haha.

Toriadore
13-11-10, 05:58 PM
Fantastic transformation from first pics to last. Well done!! You better trim that tail LOL! my old fella had a tail like that and kept stepping on it and pulling bits out!!:)

Anubis
14-11-10, 07:59 AM
She is just gorgeous...and mighty capable looking too.

Can't wait to see pics of you out and about.

My duckling turned into a glossy swan too. Just makes your heart sing when you see them do that.

dragonlady
14-11-10, 11:14 AM
lol, i've just trimmed about 8 inches off coppa's (alaska's mum) tail too and used that mane thinner thingy on her long, dreadlocked mane.

coppa has the same glow with the added sparkle of hundreds of "birdcatcher spots". she started developing those, a few at a time, from about 4 years old so it will be interesting to see if alaska gets them too.

Stocky
14-11-10, 11:23 AM
She's looking great! Good job.