View Full Version : Tony Fookes?

thesaddleclub101
21-02-11, 09:46 PM
Is he any good? Opinions please :)

raffles101
21-02-11, 09:48 PM
VERY good.

I have used him on Sam.
Don't think he travels to Brissie though...

thesaddleclub101
21-02-11, 09:50 PM
Yep he does :) I've been offered an appointment on the 1st of March but thought I'd get some opinions first.

raffles101
21-02-11, 09:52 PM
Well, then yes, he is very well recommended up this way, so go for it. :)

I saw an amazing difference in Sammie. :)

windsweptfarm
21-02-11, 09:58 PM
My agistment owner uses him I'm pretty sure, says he is absolutely fantastic, and his knowledge of horse anatomy and how it all works is astounding.

Shads
22-02-11, 01:29 AM
My daughters showjumping mare has been to him before we bought her that is.... I have no idea who he is but when I rang to speak about the treatment she recieved I never got a call back :(

So what exactly does he do?

leesa
22-02-11, 11:45 AM
I think from memory he likes to be called a physio rather than a chiro. :)

I've used him a few times, and he's worked together with my vet for a lameness workup.
He's very good and can tell you exactly what your horse will be doing under saddle, based off what he finds wrong with the horse!
He's also done talks at the QLD dressage festival with Paula Williams from Samford Vets.

kait21
22-02-11, 12:00 PM
He is exceptionally hard to get into, Shads don't take it personally, he or his assistant never call anyone back. According to her "he is very exclusive you know, we no longer take new clients..."

Have heard he is quite good at what he does, and he appears to know what he's talking about, as I have been to his demos at the dressage festical. But have seen horses come back from him that still have what I thought to be a problem. So I can't really say I guess. I was very put off by his receptionist, I am not a fan of using businesses that can't be bothered to call you back and are unprofessional. I'd rather give my money to someone who wants it :)

Chevy
22-02-11, 12:59 PM
I have been a client of Tony's for many years now on my past three horses. He is the only one I will let touch my horse, other than my wonderful Vet Paula who has a fantastic working relationship with Tony. They have been working together with my current horse with great results.
Tony is a Sports remedial and exercise therapist.
I have always found Tony and his secretary, Susan, to be extremely professional and friendly. The horse is the client and he cannot discuss any horse other than with the current owner due to confidentiality, the same as a Medical practitioner.
Like any horse professional, they have times of the year when they are very busy and run off their feet, but I have never had them fail to phone me back.
I do know that Tony is taking new clients at the moment, and has some appts in the next few weeks.
I am not sure if it is against forum rules, but appts can be made on 54 29 8302

No, I have no business association with Tony, I am just an extremely satisfied client and would like to make sure that he is portrayed the correct way.

london
22-02-11, 01:14 PM
I have used tony for quite a few years with different horses and always found him to be fantastic. He can be difficult to get into the first time but after that it gets easier.

I actually go to him monthly for myself & he is the only physio who has helped me with all my injuries to the point I am moving much more freely than I have in years ( car accident).

Lovely man to deal with and has a nice manor with the horses too.

marhar
22-02-11, 03:37 PM
I had Tony treat our two horses in August and he pinpointed a problem with one horse that other vets and chiros had missed. Due to our location he wont come down to us anymore. If we could get the horse to where he was treating we would still be using him but cannot take time off from work to attend to this:( He was highly recommended by a former instructor who now lives interstate. Lots of people think he is great - just have to see if he is the sort of person you want working on your horse. Good luck - He has a great manner and hope he can help your horse.