PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Mudgee

Elise Mudgee
28-02-11, 01:09 PM
Hello All,
Can anybody help me ... I'm moving to Mudgee and need to organise employment and quality agistment for my nice 11yo TB Gelding.

I have been looking at Seek/My Career/Mudgee Guardian etc for work placement but have found it tricky to make the interview times as I am still actually working Full Time at my old job Ė once I have a place to work in Mudgee I can hand in my resignation & move up but for now financially thatís not a good option.

I have worked in Marketing & retail for a number of years but am willing to take ANYTHING on - Has anyone in Mudgee heard of a suitable job going? I can send through my resume to interested people.

I hear the showgrounds provide agistment/stabling Ė does anybody do this or know what itís like there?

Thank you everyone for your time :)

Koalas_rule
28-02-11, 01:25 PM
A friend has 30 acres with a house on it just out of Mudgee. He's been renting it out, but is considering selling. Not sure if any decision has been made yet but could ask if he would consider renting one of the paddocks. It will just be a paddock, nothing else, but may do in the short term.

Looks like Mission Australia is the only employment agency in Mudgee, but you could look at employment agencies in places like Dubbo to see what they have available. Have you checked out www.jobsearch.gov.au and www.careerone.com.au?

Elise Mudgee
28-02-11, 08:21 PM
Hi - yep I have tried Mission Australia (central west community college is another recruitment agency out there) www.jobsearch.gov.au and www.careerone.com.au but thatís a good suggestion to try the recruitment agencies in local / bigger towns - I'll give that a go thanks.

As for the paddock I appreciate the offer but would rather leave him in the Hawkesbury until I can find a good, secure, agistment place or possibly buy our own place where I can look after him.

Thanks heaps though - any more ideas would be appreciated :)

horsey mum
28-02-11, 09:57 PM
Hi Elise, if you get in touch with Roger and Lynn Roth at Roths rural Feed shop in Mudgee, they maybe able to help you, Lynn has a couple of TBs and they also have a very good feed shop

tickle2
01-03-11, 06:43 AM
G'day

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding agistment, lots of little blocks around Mudgee.

Would you consider working in the mines? If so PM me.

Cheers
tickle

Bisho
01-03-11, 07:27 AM
You lucky duck!

I would love to be moving back that way. We have a small 12 acre property out in Gulgong (28klms from Mudgee) and will be moving home in 2013.

If you can't find anything you could house your house out at our place. We do have 3 other horses on the property and currently do not feed as they are on grass and the property sustains them quite well.

It is NOT an agistment place, just a small place but it does have 24 hr supervision as my FIL stays there and looks after our horses.

Good luck with the job hunt

Koalas Rule

How far out of Mudgee is your friends place? Is it on the Sydney side of Mudgee? My Mum is out at Green Gully and I wouldn't mind some more land out that way :) PM me if your friend is looking at selling and let me know how much. Thanks

Koalas_rule
01-03-11, 08:03 AM
Bisho sent you a PM ...

Elise Mudgee
03-03-11, 06:58 PM
G'day

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding agistment, lots of little blocks around Mudgee.

Would you consider working in the mines? If so PM me.

Cheers
tickle

Hello - I sent you a PM
Let me know if you didnt receive it :)

Thanks

Elise Mudgee
03-03-11, 07:02 PM
Hi Elise, if you get in touch with Roger and Lynn Roth at Roths rural Feed shop in Mudgee, they maybe able to help you, Lynn has a couple of TBs and they also have a very good feed shop

Thanks heaps

I'll have to keep calling. I must be calling them after their opening hours because I cant get through but all the same I really appreciate the contact information and will definetly give them a go.... fingers crossed

Elise Mudgee
03-03-11, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Bisho;781394]You lucky duck!

I would love to be moving back that way. We have a small 12 acre property out in Gulgong (28klms from Mudgee) and will be moving home in 2013.

If you can't find anything you could house your house out at our place. We do have 3 other horses on the property and currently do not feed as they are on grass and the property sustains them quite well.

It is NOT an agistment place, just a small place but it does have 24 hr supervision as my FIL stays there and looks after our horses.

Sorry Bisho this should have been titled

Thanks - Bisho

I know I am so excited to just get out there, start working and settle in I've been spending most weekends there and its getting harder and harder to come back to Sydney every time :)
Gulgong is such a pretty little place too, and its not to far out either, which is handy, your place sounds very nice and you must be such a lovely person to offer me this, but I think I'd like him to be closer the 28kms its a bit far to go and ride him everyday :) but when should arrange a day when your up and Im settled and we can go for a ride together :)

Once again thank you for replying :)

Bisho
04-03-11, 07:06 PM
Is this of any interest to you? Sorry, not sure what your skills are :)

Is seeking a new Office Manager. Must have experience with MYOB, payroll, superannuation, BAS, accounts payable/receivable, general office duties, driver's licence, experience in retail/POS software would be an advantage. Immediate start available. 30hrs per week

Elise Mudgee
15-03-11, 06:18 PM
Thanks Bisho - I sent you a PM, your so lovely to look for me :) x

Elise Mudgee
23-03-11, 03:01 PM
For all the beautiful people who posted on this thread here is an update:

I'll be moving to Mudgee (yay) for good on the 25th March 2011 and will work as a casual at one of the fast food joints until something more substantial comes along work wise. Itís not ideal but it is certainly better than nothing.

Iím looking forward to actually being out there and just wanted to say thanks so much for all your ideas and suggestions.