View Full Version : Finger crossed for NOAH

Shads
22-03-11, 08:55 AM

Caille
22-03-11, 12:00 PM
*fingers crossed* Good luck Noah!

Muzziet
22-03-11, 01:10 PM
Crossed here too Shads. Let us know how it goes.

Shads
22-03-11, 04:50 PM

Silver Taffy
22-03-11, 05:19 PM
Sending Noah lots and lots of positive vibes ~~~

nel
22-03-11, 05:55 PM
Good luck mate, hope it is nothing bad!

MMC
22-03-11, 08:08 PM
Good luck. Because we love our horses it is always scary when we need to call the vet.

Let us know, we will care either way. (We love horses too)

Shads
22-03-11, 08:18 PM

Anubis
23-03-11, 04:57 AM
Best of luck xx

nel
26-03-11, 11:37 AM
Hey Shads, just wondering how Noah is? I hope i havn't missed an update elsewhere????
I have been following his story on all welsh. Really hope he is ok

Shads
26-03-11, 07:49 PM

nel
26-03-11, 07:59 PM
Oh Shads I am so terribly sorry to hear that, especially after all you have been through with him and no doubt what the poor fella has been through before he came to you. He has came on so wonderfully.
What a blow.
I havnt had to deal with it personally in a horse yet but I do hope it is treatable and that you have options.
:( hugs mate

reveleus
26-03-11, 08:06 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Shads. Is this your cremello boy?

Yes I've had an appy boy who had cancer on his penis and the end result wasn't anything you want to hear about right now :( Having said that, it was an advanced cancer by the time we found it. I hope you have all the luck in the world with him.

XXXXfingers crossedXXXXX

Shads
26-03-11, 08:10 PM

Think1st
26-03-11, 08:39 PM
Hi Shads,
I am really sorry to hear your news. My old gelding developed a tumour on his penis when he was nearly 29, I don't know what type of tumour it was. It was quite small when I found it the vet said that, considering his advanced age, it was better to leave it and see how it developed, he said it would most probably grow slowly and outwards on a stem rather than growing into the penis. If that had happened he could have removed it fairly easily.

Unfortunately it grew into the penis which would have made removal very difficult in an elderly horse, due to a combination of high anaesthetic risk and the strong possibility of excessive blood loss due to the site of the tumour. We chose palative care and kept him pain free and happy for a further twelve months, he was almost 30 when he was put down (one of the hardest days of my life)

But remember, mine was a very old horse and Noah is very young. Our vets prognosis was originally quite optimistic as in his opinion the type of tumour my boy had should have been relatively easy to manage.

Good luck, I hope it all ends up well for you and Noah.

horsesRgr8
26-03-11, 09:03 PM
Hi Shads I love your lovely stallion......good luck! After doing a little reading up, it seems that noah's lump may be similar to a BCC....a basal cell carcenoma(sp). I've had 2 of these cut off my face.....if caught "early" enough, the cells which don't reproduce as quickly as other cancers can be totally removed without too much removal of other tissue. I hope this is the case with him! ~~~~~~~~healing vibes for him~~~~~~~~~

Renvers
26-03-11, 09:10 PM
Healing vibes to Noah and strength to you Shads. I don't have any experience to offer, but you've caught it early so hopefully you'll have a good outcome.

Shads
26-03-11, 09:33 PM

gimetime
26-03-11, 09:34 PM
I really hope your boy will get through this.
It's so stressful when our pets become ill, but try to stay positive, and look after yourself as well.

Take care.

1st foal
26-03-11, 11:10 PM
Good luck to Noah! I had a fast growing tumour removed from a pony mare's clitoris in Jan with great success. Hope Noah's one is in a place that they can remove/treat and that it hasn't spread.... best wishes...