PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here psychic?

LindaH
28-03-11, 11:14 PM
If so, can you please tell me where I have left my bloody cheque book. I've been looking for it for 2 days and it has disappeared :mad:. How will I pay the farrier on Friday :eek:.

cobie
28-03-11, 11:18 PM
Pay the farrier with the old fluffy chequebook? :eek: :eek: :eek:

LindaH
28-03-11, 11:21 PM
Eeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tb Lover
28-03-11, 11:27 PM
Cash? ;) ... Apart from that I just found my wallet ... so I could pay cash - took me a few days to find that PLUS the Mobile my son gave me that no one rings me on ..... 'cause they know I don't know how to answer it!

....... the list goes on really :rolleyes::D

gimetime
28-03-11, 11:52 PM
Yes, yes, I am psychotic.
Your cheque book is channelling through me. Oh, *hangs head* I'm exhausted. It is bad news I fear, your cheque book does not wish to be found right now but will emerge again when ready. The energy is weak, i'm so weak........You have not been kind to your cheque book.
The energy has gone. :(

I'll wait for payment until it decides to come out of hiding.

Thanking you
Prem gimemoredala.
ps. check it hasn't got stuck up the back of your glove box.;)

doorh
28-03-11, 11:56 PM
Pay the farrier with the old fluffy chequebook? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bloody hell I'm slow, just worked it out. Gross!!!

rmjens
29-03-11, 09:04 AM
But funny. It took me a minute to understand it, too.

Cannondale
29-03-11, 09:04 AM
Not psychic but experienced at finding cheque books.

50% chance its in the car and has been there since you last used it to write a cheque at the feedstore.

If not there - check the clip on the side of the fridge where the bills are stored for payment. Guaranteed they won't be there as they are near the computer awaiting payment. Cheque book will be near the neat pile of bills on the clip. This is when you started to pay the bills, got the cheque book out and then got distracted.

Pick up pile of bills and look underneath, then look behind computer from when you shoved everything backwards to make space when you sat down at computer.

Finally, as its the end of school term and fees, excursions, winter uniforms etc needed to be paid for it could be in the bag you use when you go down to school trying to look like a normal mother dressing like a normal person using a nice handbag. Its in that bag - the one you don't use very often.

Good luck

Muzziet
29-03-11, 09:14 AM
No, but I have very mild superpowers :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghxnKDBadSk&feature=related

Garryngirl
29-03-11, 09:32 AM
cheque book, cheque book......what is that? Some ancient long lost form of payment like paying in salt or rum? ha ha ha haven't seen one of those in years.

Have you tried looking where the other sock is or the pens?

Hilarious cobie, I have not heard that one before and it took me a moment to work it out.

mindari
29-03-11, 10:00 AM
Pay the farrier with the old fluffy chequebook? :eek:

:D knew what u meant immediately, its one of my most hilarious memories.
dad comes home, tells mum get in the truck NOW!'

MUM protesting all the way, drags me and my little brother into the truck asking what on earth is the matter, she was just about to give us our lunch?

dad insists he will buy us something down the street, must come NOW.

so off we choofs mum muttering darkly all the way.

arrives at house dad's obvioulsy just left a load at since its still damp all over not even had a chace to dry on the outside. (sand that is)

hands mum the docket book. unsigned i might add.

sooo off choofs mum while dad slides down out of sight behind the door n steering wheel of the truck n me curisly watching mum.

knocks on door. door opens. to totally naked woman who after staring at mum in suprise dissappears and comes back with money and a dressing gown :cool:

so now has money and signature and comes back to truck, dad never lived that one down..... :D

cbrown
29-03-11, 10:43 AM
LOL

That is a CLASSIC Mindari!

You've got the best stories.

lea-owens
29-03-11, 10:55 AM
Check right back under the seats of the vehicles - a popular hiding spot for cheque books.

pmsl at the fluffy cheque book expression and Mindari's story.

shadowmystique
29-03-11, 10:56 AM
Mindari that is AWESOME... Love that your Dad choofed off home to grab her so she could come and fix the "problem" Hahahahahaha :D
Classic :)

Oh and try down between gearstick and drivers seat... then try the tack shed all the little ledges etc round the sides and windows... then try kitchen drawers :)
Or try popping down to the bank and drawing cash...
My lot only take cash these days... no cheques or other stuff...

mindari
29-03-11, 11:04 AM
it didnt take mum long to discover she had been asigned to the "bad debts collection dept"

another chap discovered mum sitting in his waiting room. complete with all us kids. three by then, n her knitting and telling each newcomer why she was there. "to collect the money he owes my hubby" took 4 hours before his nerve broke and he paid up.

expect today he would have just called the police and had her evicted from his "private property". ummm come to think of it. someone did just that so mum camped on the footpath and again told every passer by why she was there and yes.. the money arrived.

dads bad debt book was a thing of the past after he married and trained mum to the job. or mum figured it out. although there was nothing much deterred mum she always reminded me of a furious broody hen if stirred .

mindari
29-03-11, 11:08 AM
re missing cheque book. ive found mine in some of the weirdest places at time.

good luck.

ho. order a new one.. guaranteed that the second it arrives the old one will emerge to claim its rightfull place.

always worked for me

shadowmystique
29-03-11, 11:11 AM
Mindari I just love your imagery... you sjhould be writing books... that sort of dialogue and imagery is what inspired me to be the prolific reader I am today...

I can just imagine a furious broody hen all fluffed up rRRRrring! at me when you disturb them :D

mindari
29-03-11, 11:13 AM
Mindari that is AWESOME... Love that your Dad choofed off home to grab her so she could come and fix the "problem" Hahahahahaha :D
Classic :)

Oh and try down between gearstick and drivers seat... then try the tack shed all the little ledges etc round the sides and windows... then try kitchen drawers :)
Or try popping down to the bank and drawing cash...
My lot only take cash these days... no cheques or other stuff...

Ha! dad had a natural talent for delegation.

well except for fixing the engines. never forget his conseration when mum told him claude (his older brother) was fixing his own truck tonight so dad could have an early night. dad ran screaming in panic. "ho no! Claude always has to give the bolts one more turn"

too late he had already snapped off three.

so dad's "early night" ended 2 hours before they had to leave with next mornings loads drilling out the snapped bolts, retapping the holes and inserting new bolts. (didnt trust claude not to snap them off too)

dont know who was more frustrated that night. mum or dad..:rolleyes:

mindari
29-03-11, 11:19 AM
Mindari I just love your imagery... you sjhould be writing books... that sort of dialogue and imagery is what inspired me to be the prolific reader I am today...

I can just imagine a furious broody hen all fluffed up rRRRrring! at me when you disturb them :D

my resulution IS TO somehow write the book my friends marilyn jones, joan starr and sooooo many others keep telling me i MUST.

i just feel lost sitting looking at a blank page?

thats the trouble.

telling u and my friends is easy.

writing a BOOK?????

SCARES me

skymare
29-03-11, 11:30 AM
I'm psychic! I predict you'll find the cheque book the day after you order a new one. :)

EarsForward
29-03-11, 12:35 PM
my resulution IS TO somehow write the book my friends marilyn jones, joan starr and sooooo many others keep telling me i MUST.

i just feel lost sitting looking at a blank page?

thats the trouble.

telling u and my friends is easy.

writing a BOOK?????

SCARES me
Mindari,why not start by verbally recording the stories,have a few drinks loosen up ,and have a few listeners around.

mindari
29-03-11, 12:41 PM
hey what a usable idea? thanks. will give it a try.

alpha_17
29-03-11, 12:53 PM
I need a psychic too, as I have lost my wallet for several days, its hard to live without money :(

shadowmystique
29-03-11, 01:17 PM
Usually best to do it by just talking to someone... like you do in the forum... even if the soemone doesn't exist or you just think about someone you would like to tell the story to... then type it as you go along... just like writing on the forum... bit at a time.

mshane
03-01-12, 12:27 AM
The beauty of this is that once you get an idea of where you are going and you are forearmed with the new knowledge from your psychic reading, you are empowered to choose a more desirable outcome.
psychic (http://www.moonbar.co.uk/)

mokey
03-01-12, 12:30 AM
Ooh, it's a woo-bot!

k8
03-01-12, 07:35 AM
I didn't know people still used cheque books....
run along to the ATM and get the farrier some cash!...I'm sure he'd appreciate it...or direct deposit into his account.

Djangoandjacana
03-01-12, 07:47 AM
Original post was march last year ( have to get used to saying that about 2011). So the real question is did LindaH ever find it? And if so where? Or did she have to pay the farrier in eggs and pumpkin? Has she now moved to exclusively using Internet banking?

I still use a cheque book. I like being able to enter off them. But I really must get updated so I can get my bank statements dumped straight into my bookkeeping package.

cyrus
03-01-12, 08:19 AM
Classic tales Mindari, lucky she actually had some cash ( and didnt bat for the other team too :)

I lost my cheque book ( yep I still have one as its cheaper than a bank cheque if you have to get one) I found it years later in a folder I had taken it to the clinic to pay the person with. Never thought to look there...

Sit quietly - try and think of the last time and place you wrote a cheque, and head off to the bank and get some cash in case - so the farrier and you are safe.
But hey- maybe some fun times are on their way-
I just watched a 1998 DVD of Jilly Coopers Riders- they rode more things than the showjumpers-:eek:

StElmosFire
03-01-12, 08:54 AM
For what it's worth, I still have cheque books. I'd be lost without them. I don't have/won't have a credit/debit card, so I need a cheque book! I pay for stuff with cheques, with cash from the "Hole in the Wall", or with PayPal. I'm so pleased that a few more on-line businesses are now accepting PayPal.

Guess I'm just a bit old-fashioned.....:o

mindari
03-01-12, 10:04 AM
Hi
alll

HAPPY NEW YEAR.....

pity last years was only a week ago :mad:

have taken your advice, have a u beaut tape recorder, voice activated so its doesnt have heaps of silent spaces.

BUT im still learning how to use the darn thing. its not much bigger than my thumb.

ok exageration but without my glasses i cant see a thing on its face or screen.

did some recording..yay

it has "files"

so i can do stuff on track 1, 2 , 3 or whichever.

except :(

still figuring how to find replay n put the destructions in a safe place....probably hiding with the cheque book.

...............sigh............................... ....................

shadowmystique
05-01-12, 01:42 PM
Oh dear... you can search online for "destructions" just type "instruction manual for {item}" into google search and it should come up!

Good on you :)

gasbuster
05-01-12, 03:49 PM
I use the checkbook when I want to p s someone off- cause it means they have to go to the bank to get their money- or when I don't want OH to be able to readily track expenses, so they still have legitimate uses !

LisaL
05-01-12, 05:21 PM
I gave up the cheque book decades ago because the fees were outrageously high

Between direct debits, internet, cash, phone banking, prepaid credit and debit cards, normal credit and debit cards etc who needs a cheque book?

I love my new iPhone app, I can transfer the cash over in front of them, I can also check my balance and have total control

And do people still accept cheques these days?

Mira
05-01-12, 06:01 PM
I don't get how people live without cheque books! We require cheques for 90% of competitions that require pre-entries in WA, both in the horse and dog worlds :(
I love it when you can enter online or at least do EFT :D

Mindari, hurry up and find the destructions so you can get started writing :D Or start a thread on here with all your ramblings ;)

acaciaalba
05-01-12, 06:35 PM
quote LisaL,
and do people still accept cheques these days ?
quote AA,
well if they want my money they do !!

i am like SEF, altho i do have a card and pay over the phone sometimes. Last time I did that the buisness took my payment out twice and it took me 3 months to get it back! some of you may remember.
so I dont see that on line or over the phone payments are all that safe.
once bitten twice shy !
so onwards with my trusty cheque book, and if they dont want a cheque there are plenty of other places that do !

StElmosFire
05-01-12, 09:49 PM
I'm not living without my cheque book! I don't pay any bank charges, 'cos I'm a shareholder, and I use cheques to pay a multitude of things: horse feed, all but small purchases at the saddleries, the rates, the phone bill, the insurance bill, my dressage comp entries, the slasher man, the petrol account, the lawn mower hospital (Grrrr!), our computer guru.... you name it.
Nobody's getting hold of my personal details via a plastic card and bleeding my account thank you!

LisaL
05-01-12, 11:53 PM
A lot of small businesses don't accept cheques, and a lot of companies do everything electronically, eft in, eft out, even large businesses are considering not accepting cheques

The days of the cheque book are numbered

Weren't the big banks discussing phasing cheques out recently?

From a fraud prevention point of view they are a nightmare

twelveoaks
06-01-12, 10:27 AM
There is still a huge amount of people and businesses using cheques out there.

As a business owner most of our payments are recieved in the form of a cheque although we do get a lot of credit card payments made over the phone. I would have to say that only a small portion of our income is via direct debit to our account.

I doubt businesses will stop taking cheques as form of payment, its hard enough to get paid without limiting your customers options.

acaciaalba
06-01-12, 02:13 PM
exactly, twelve oaks !
if business,s dont want my cheque they dont want my business !
limit to me to how i can pay, and tell me i can only pay as they see fit,,,,by by folks !
plenty others around ( such as yourself ) are happy to get it any way it comes !

StElmosFire
06-01-12, 03:25 PM
Can I step up beside you on your soapbox, AA?
Twelveoaks, I'm delighted to read that as a business owner, you don't object to cheques!

sharyn
06-01-12, 04:27 PM
Lol, just reading this thread and having a chuckle as I am ALWAYS losing my cheque book!

I once found it in the middle of a stack of hay. I obviously gave hay man the cheque, then put book down to help unload the bales. Found it a few months later, when it was time to restock!

Kinda like freezing your credit cards in a cup of water i suppose? :D

acaciaalba
06-01-12, 04:48 PM
Can I step up beside you on your soapbox, AA?
Twelveoaks, I'm delighted to read that as a business owner, you don't object to cheques!

LOL, yeah, SEF. plenty of room on my soapbox as I am sure you noticed !