PDA

View Full Version : In sympathy with Shar-lea my boys cut Leg (forearm) WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO

capri
05-04-11, 01:56 PM
This is My boys cut leg from last week. I am lucky he is so easy to handle and accepting everything for an unbroken 3yo. He has started Physio. On AB's etc Eating well walking with his friend around the paddock but it will take a long time.

I am lucky I am not having the same handling problems as Shar-lea.
http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad31/capriole/Photo-0082.jpg

wtk
05-04-11, 02:02 PM
Well that's decent!!! should heal up well, hard place to bandage though. Have fun!!!

PS glad I had just finished lunch.

acaciaalba
05-04-11, 02:05 PM
crap !! how did he manage that ??

capri
05-04-11, 02:06 PM
Well that's decent!!! should heal up well, hard place to bandage though. Have fun!!!

PS glad I had just finished lunch.

I did put a warning on it. Bandaged with elastoplast and stays on. Will heal but the bit on the left of the photo is the severed extensor tendon. This is the big problem. Hence the physio to get a full range of movement back as best as possible.

capri
05-04-11, 02:08 PM
crap !! how did he manage that ??

Wish I knew but rug was wrecked so ? blinfold as neckrug going over head. New Paddock? Who knows?

RTB
05-04-11, 03:36 PM
Is that bone? Looks like a leg of ham after it's been demolished after christmas lunch...

ASHlover
05-04-11, 03:38 PM
OUCH!

Horses - who'd have 'em!!

capri
05-04-11, 03:54 PM
Is that bone? Looks like a leg of ham after it's been demolished after christmas lunch...

Lucky No it is not the bone. He still has a layer of muscle across it.

Yeah like ham but I would not eat it.
Just went out and gave him his AB and he trotted around. He still moves OK but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoes
05-04-11, 04:22 PM
Capri, can sympathise with you, I spent four hours at the vets yesterday with our new horse that we have had for fifteen day with a partial digital tendon laceration, we are lucky that she is easy to handle and like you a three year old unbroken,floated three time in her life and two of them have been to the vets and back so has a supporting shoe on and hoping for the best, the cut was clean and neat but the potential damage that they can cause is huge

StElmosFire
05-04-11, 04:31 PM
My Nicolette had one like that, at 13 months old, but she made an excellent recovery, and went on to win heaps.
All the very best to you and your poor, sore boy!
Lots of good healing vibes.....

Caille
05-04-11, 06:31 PM
Poor boy! *sending lots of heling vibes his way* It should heal really well, thank goodness!

capri
05-04-11, 06:43 PM
Thanks. I am getting a professional horse physiotherapist to come and look at him and design a plan of attack. She lives up the road and lectures the vet students at the University of Qld. I can't get over how good he is being. Thanks for all the healing vibes. Very appreciated.

reveleus
05-04-11, 07:57 PM
Bugger Capri. At least it looks clean....good work!

MMC
05-04-11, 08:02 PM
Good luck with your horse Capri. It sounds like you are doing everything for him.

I'll send healing vibes too.

capri
05-04-11, 08:28 PM
Revelus your thread on Shar-lea is great I am getting plenty of ideas for my boy. I hope both heal as well as each other. All the posts are giving me hope as there are so many good ideas. My thoughts are with you having such a hard time.

gypsy_dreamer
05-04-11, 11:08 PM
Good luck with him, poor boy.

reveleus
05-04-11, 11:27 PM
Thanks Capri. I just finished a post in my thread saying that maybe the suggestions would help others too :)

I think my son is right.....he keeps telling me I should have guinea pigs. He points this out every time I am fixing a fence, or rolling out a round bale, or carting feed to the shed, or generally having a hard time with a horse :D

I wish your boy a speedy recovery. Keep us updated and I'll do the same.

Anubis
06-04-11, 06:33 AM
That is some wound. Had a mare essentially de-glove a hind fetlock and it looked a lot like that. It took a while but it came good....Here is thinking strong thoughts for you...you too Rev and Shar-Lea