PDA

View Full Version : Fall recovery question...

Caille
24-04-11, 11:52 AM
It's been almost 2 weeks since I fell off Gypsy. The broken bit , which is waist-ish level, is barely a twinge at all. However... where I landed... smack on my backside... is searing and throbbing.

How long will it take until it stops feeling like I tried to cram a watermelon up my tush?

I was given someone's favourite pain medicine... at the same time someone was given some of his own (last Thursday afternoon). He finished his and started on mine about midday Tuesday. I'm just about out, and am hoping the pain will stop before I run out, as my next doctor check up isn't until Thursday the 28th, when my doc is back in...

teetee
24-04-11, 12:27 PM
You could have some cartilage damage, or it could be referred pain from higher up. I fell and damaged cartilage in my tailbone once (the damage wasn't from the fall but the force of the buck and the really hard saddle I was in did it) and it hurt for a very long time. Injuries in those areas can take quite some time to fully heal unfortunately :(

Harriette
24-04-11, 12:42 PM
can you leave the medicine with a neighbor?

could you dob to the doc, otherwise your going to get the 'bad' rep as a narc junkie. In your situation, you dont want your analgesics witheld:(

hope your house is a sparkling display home:D
get well soon.

perhaps some cooling to the derrier is appropriate

shaiarabs
24-04-11, 12:45 PM
caille mate, this is just not bloody on any more.....lock your meds up so that only you have access... tell him to go and get fornicated elsewhere!

OakyPoke
24-04-11, 12:53 PM
Oh you poor luv.

Last really really bad fall I had I was totally numb waist down for quite some time. When sensation came back it was in bits and pieces and my legs would 'ping' with a kind of pins and needles sensation which I guess was the nerves kicking in. Sooooo having absolutely no medical training at all whatsoever an not having had that kind of ongoing pain before such as you are experiencing, my best guess would be is it nerve related or is it as someonw else mentioned referred pain (which again would be a nerve thing) from higher up your spine?

Either way you need your meds, surely 'someone' can pop out to the shop and pick up some Ibuprofen or something.

Caille
24-04-11, 01:05 PM
Yup, I had a friend stop by the chemist and am alternating regular ibuprofen and plain old panadol (neither of which he'll touch). It takes the edge off, just doesn't work as well.

I'm going to have my GP check out my tailbone on Thursday just to make sure it's not out of place and to have 5 mins alone with him for a chat (OH normally insists on being in there with me, refusing to go, but for something like this, he'll go cuz it's icky).

I've found a hot water bottle is really soothing. Any other ideas would be great :D

Cleveland
24-04-11, 01:12 PM
Are you serious? He is taking your pain meds? The same one who happily lives amongst filth and faeces?

At the risk of sounding rude...what the bloody hell are you doing!?

Cant say anymore it will be really bad. Mind boggles.

Charlypops
24-04-11, 01:53 PM
Not sure what you are getting on script. But I have found that the iboprofin with codiene and panadene forte take the edge off really well. Maybe that might be ebough to get you through. I have never taken anything more than that though.

wuffer
24-04-11, 02:10 PM
completely different injury I know, but i badly sprained my knee last yr. Physio recommended red wine in great quantities :) serves as a muscle relaxant as well as taking the edge off the pain.

Sorry to hear your still in pain.

Cybergirl
24-04-11, 02:18 PM
Caille, seriously, HOW is he getting his hands on your prescription pain medication? If I was you, it would physically be in my hands and I would be, no, you are not getting your hands on it. What is going on here???

capri
24-04-11, 02:50 PM
Sorry Callie I am with Cleveland and Cybergirl. I think it was something like Endone that he was on. It is a restricted S8 drug. Him taking your drugs is illegal and you therefore are supplying with a restricted drug is illegal. Stop him NOW. You are in such a bad situation. You are number one not him. See your doctor by yourself. See a counsellor. You have many good friends on here who only wish you well but this has to stop. It is hard but you need to have control of your life not him controlling you.

Yes Callie I have had experience working in a large Psychiatric Hospital and also worked in Drug Detox and it is not nice. Callie you are worth so much to so many people. You need to take that first step. It will be hard but it will be worth it. You should not be in pain due to a prescription drug addict. We are all here for you.
Sorry Callie.

Jane_1
24-04-11, 04:34 PM
Sounds like you have fractured your coccyx Caille. The bad news is it's probly gonna hurt like a bugger for quite some time. Hopefully it will eventually ease off. When I broke mine I had trouble sitting for over 12 months. It's nearly 3 years now and it's basically fine. Of course everyone is different. Good luck with it. Don't know anything about the person who is taking your drugs but that sure sounds like a bad situation.

StElmosFire
24-04-11, 04:48 PM
Crikey, Caille! Your pain relief is more important than somebody's desire to escape reality for a little while using pilfered pills!:mad: You, my love, are more important than this person! Hide your medication, do anything, but make sure you get what has been prescribed for you!

OakyPoke
24-04-11, 06:00 PM
Yup, I had a friend stop by the chemist and am alternating regular ibuprofen and plain old panadol (neither of which he'll touch). It takes the edge off, just doesn't work as well.

Oh luv - I meant HE can jolly well take Ibuprofen etc.

The quantities that you prob need to take that stuff to do the same job as the script tabs you have will probably pickle your innards.

Need to look after number 1 luv n tell him get his greasy mitts off em.

k123
24-04-11, 06:06 PM
Callie, I have found the Voltaren 25s (or generic alternative) to be good and effective. As to the pain, I get that when I land heavily on my hips. I think it is related to sciatic pressure if it is in the same area as I get. I have found a chiro helps a lot, but with broken bones, maybe see a physio instead to release the muscles and get the area to soften and relax. Presently I'd guess the muscles are spasming and / or locking to try to stop the area being further injured.