PDA

View Full Version : What did you do on your lovely horsey Sunday?

Caille
05-06-11, 02:39 PM
It's just glorious out here in the Southern Highlands today.

I just came in, and I do believe I feel better now than when I went out! I wasn't planning on doing anything, but had gone outside to get a lead that had been left out and Gypsy came up to me all nickering and excited, thinking we were going to do something.

So we did about an hour of groundwork. She remembered all the stuff we'd been doing before my accident. The awesome part is, not only did she remember it, I had to use much less of a cue than I did the last time we worked. And she was so super quick (as usual) to learning the new stuff we tried. She was much more calm and gentle as well, I didn't even have my hand closed around the lead and no pulling or silly pony flying around in circles!

I started working on driving her from the ground. I'm considering getting her back used to pulling a cart in case I can't ride her.

I was so proud of her for being such a good pony!

What did you guys do today?

cobie
05-06-11, 02:46 PM
Sounds like a great morning Caille :)

I haven't got out of bed yet, feeling very under the weather. So I'm sitting here making a few bling browbands for a fellow CHer :)

acaciaalba
05-06-11, 03:16 PM
sounds lovely, Caillie. has been beautiful here too. I have spent most of my time turning out my wardrobe, trying to find some dressy gear that actually fits, so I can pack for my hols.
Hell I HATE packing !

Harriette
05-06-11, 03:33 PM
Homework wins over pony:(

even if I didnt have to hand in a Statistical Analysis assignment tomorrow, its blowing a gale out side, so pony would be far from domesticated.

but, even though its hard, I am enjoying getting my ideas down for this assignment...30% of my semesters mark, so it needs to be fairly snifty.

cobie
05-06-11, 04:20 PM
Finished!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254889_10150644355520187_887070186_19099494_647126 1_n.jpg

Took a little longer than usual, after a little bit of "help" from Quincy.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248217_10150644225560187_887070186_19097772_624741 6_n.jpg

Caille
05-06-11, 04:39 PM
They're gorgeous, Cobie!

Garryngirl
05-06-11, 04:43 PM
Just spend some relaxing time with Red today, brushing him, brushing out that glorious tail (love doing that) while he munched hay. I was so happy with him yesterday didn't want to spoil the happiness, besides it is blowing a gale here as well. Not that it would matter really.

Went out with OH on the trike to a cafe in the new Oran Park Town for lunch....ohhhhh yuuuummmmooooooo but despite them giving me the wrong thing it was so yummmm I didn't care. Really nice coffee and food. Then went looked at display homes for ideas for our place....not looking to move, just looking for ideas.

Good day really.

Cobie, I think I might be putting in an order for a bling browband. Red got called a girl because he had a pink one on!.

FNQ62
05-06-11, 04:52 PM
YAY Cobie!!!!!!!! They are lovely!!

I have been suburb bound, we had a little triathlon happening here, and they closed the roads.......so I did housework and ironing...and went to the beach :-)

MMC
05-06-11, 04:54 PM
Filing, ironing, washing and housework in the morning. :(

Mustering, counting, worming and weighing cattle in the afternoon. (Bl**dy cattle. One cow and calf took of into the dense scrub. :( She is still there. Do you think she knew we were weighing calves to sell them on Tuesday?

Horses missed out today. :) Although I am on my way down to the stables now to give my big guy a brush and fresh rugs. :)

Ness3
05-06-11, 05:22 PM
That's lovely to hear Caille, I hope you have a very speedy recovery. What a good girl you have. :)

I spent the weekend riding my new girl. Bareback yesterday and saddle today. She has only been with me for 6 weeks and this weekend is the most fun I have had with her. Such a good girl she is, I built up a little storm of nervousness in my head for no reason at all. Sadly I had way to much fun and wanted to live in the moment I didn't even think to take photos to add to the horse cam thread.

Mystery~Bay
05-06-11, 05:34 PM
Supposed to be at Bowral Dressage comp but got sick on Friday night so ecided yesterday morning to scratch :( :( Was feeling a wee bit better by lunch today so did have an hour of brushing and smooching both boys this afternoon, while bubs slept in the car, so at least I now smell like a horse

Wondering how everyone went today,...Prudence??? ... and how Dougie would have gone.....oh well, next time

cobie
05-06-11, 05:49 PM
I think you'd be glad you didn't go to Dressage Club MB.. The arenas were very wet and a lot of horses were struggling, quite a few decide to scratch.

kait21
05-06-11, 06:21 PM
Wow cobie that is seriously talented!
Harriette I had a 30% statistical analysis assignment due last week, so can really sympathise there!!!!
Today I had a bit of a nice sleep in, and spent the morning and afternoon until 2pm doing some house things and doing more uni work. (Exams start next week). Then I went out and rode this afternoon and just got back in. Someone at my agistment had left some jumps up and my dressage prince and I popped round the little course, and even got up to about 70cm!!!! He really impressed me with his enthusiasm and scope. But not getting any ideas, next ride he's back to being a dressage horse again! Lastly we cooled off with a nice ride down the road. Always fun to have a nice Sunday ride when I don't have comps, which is rarely lately.
Now I'm getting ready to go out for dinner and to see a movie :)

RTB
05-06-11, 06:27 PM
Ah you lucky people!
I was getting over my best friends 18th birthday party, went out and fed Queen Ruby.
Got home and had some banana bread, a cuppa and onto the ironing.

DO
05-06-11, 06:29 PM
I like those browbands Cobie.

I went out for a trail ride on my Grey Dressage Princess with my daughter and my neighbor up their mountain and had a good hoon in the bush.

Surprisingly, Grey Dressage Princess Dumblood was more sure footed in the bush than the bush bred stock horse.

See Dressage riders do take their horses out of the sand pit.

GoneRama
05-06-11, 06:39 PM
I discussed putting shoes on my horse with the farrier while we waited for the tide to turn and the river to drop enough to cross. Does that count as horsey?

Cobie, they're gorgeous browbands. I love your assistant too, he's cute!

Norbit
05-06-11, 07:06 PM
I spent this lovely weekend hanging out with my old boy:) - rugs off in the sunshine for a good scratch, grooming (the act of transferring hair, sand and dirt from horse to the groomer:D) and spoiling him with carrots and licorice...though having a few little weeps with him!!:(:)

Just got home and had a cuddle with Indi and Norbit...better go feed them dinner!

Just Archie
05-06-11, 07:08 PM
I rode Archie in the bush for the first time today! We have been for some walks with me leading him and sometimes tailing him up hills and he has been mostly calm, so today I saddled him and rode back from the creek to his paddock. I can't wait to do it again.

http://forum.cyberhorse.com.au/forums/picture.php?albumid=164&pictureid=1074

Just Archie
05-06-11, 07:08 PM
Cobie - beautiful work (and cute cat)!

miss poss
05-06-11, 07:32 PM
Had a fun horsey arvo on Sat with a buddy from the farm where I agist. We had a lovely dinner at a local Thai place and had my second sighting in the same day of my ex at the restaurant. He and his OH seemed slightly ruffled but I thought it was hugely funny. :D

Sunday has been a recovery day - neighbours had a horrendously loud party last night. Techno dooff type music from 6.30pm until 2 am. So loud floorboards buzzing and vibrating; bass soo strong glasses in kitchen cupboards rattling. Nasty people - have threatened me in the past for asking them to tell their visitors not to park across my driveway. I live in a house, not a unit. I'll write a letter to council and ask them to add it to their property file for future reference and alert them to the threat issues that have been recorded with them in the past.

I spent part of the arvo at the farm catching up with my red girl and managed to chase an annoying stupid horse away to give her a feed. She normally chases this horse away when I'm around, but once the halter goes on she knows not to do this. I was so proud of her behaviour with Stupid just continually pestering us. He has no people respect and has not been taught to move away when asked to. Was spoilt rotton by the previous owner. New owners don't have a clue either, they do very little with said horse.

Had some lovely smooches and cuddles with my girl. :) She's the one I need to buy yard panels for to make our own personal feed/grooming space.

miss poss
05-06-11, 07:36 PM
Ahhh, cobie all hail queen of beautiful bling browbands.

Simply lovely! You clever possum you!:)

Mystery~Bay
05-06-11, 07:45 PM
I think you'd be glad you didn't go to Dressage Club MB.. The arenas were very wet and a lot of horses were struggling, quite a few decide to scratch.

Thanks for that info Cobie, I feel a bit better about it now

cbrown
05-06-11, 07:49 PM
I made a dressage arena (complete with cardboard boxes with letters sticky taped on) and my girlfriend brought her lovely breaker/greeny over and we worked our horses. My GF is a crash hot dressage rider and she gave my mare lunge session and was explaining to me about contact issues or something.

Mare went crazy, was very very funny. She bucked and leapt about like a fish on a rod for around for 10 minutes straight on the lunge. It was utterly entertaining. We never did get to the point were we put anything on the bit, I think we we laughing too much.

She was back to her lovely steadyquiet reliable self when I hopped on. I got jack of dressage after a about 20 laps and did some jumping. NEVER jump in a stubben tristan with a scopey horse...ouch.. I can no longer have children.

ps your browband is awesome cobie but not as awesome as your cat.

LindaH
05-06-11, 08:03 PM
I wasted a potentially lovely riding day mucking out stables, fixing fences, shopping and attending a fairly bizarre 2yo's birthday party. Would have preferred to have a ride though :(.

gasbuster
05-06-11, 08:32 PM
Friend who has been really sick turned up just as I was saddling up my horse, so we saddled up the other one as well and spent an hour in the arena with two small kids making sand castles and catching snails in one corner. Husbands headed off walking around the paddock, daughter made casserole for tea. What more could you possibly want ? Would post photos of kids and ponies but too hard

DO
05-06-11, 09:02 PM
And I spent the rest of the afternoon chasing faults in the electric fence, to find faults and get the satisfaction of watching the bastard that was causing the problems to get zapped.

Am I only the only one that enjoys watching problem fence horses get belted?

LindaH
05-06-11, 09:09 PM
You're not alone there. A satisfying CRACK on the nose teaches instant fence respect :D.

cyrus
05-06-11, 09:12 PM
I brushed my sons old TB saturday and picked up barrow loads of POOP, but didnt ride.
Today my friend fed the horses, and I went and helped in the canteen( read I was there from 8.15 to 3pm :) for the Adult riders Wimps ODE at one of the clubs I berlong too ( I am so wimpy I leave the horse at home)
dam it was cold too, the sun did come out, but I was indoors with no heating in the little tim shed, so I drank way too much coffee - keeping warm.

Kath
05-06-11, 09:35 PM
LOL DO yes I do too!

I had a busy day, trimming all my horses feet and fighting the war on fire weed.

1st foal
05-06-11, 09:52 PM
I had a great day! Jazz arrived, looking like he'd travelled for a few hours, not 4 days! Double thumbs up to Equine Answers transport again!

"I'm a baby - please love me!" (Jazz doing all the right things - mouthing, licking, chewing etc to make friends with Grav, grumpy 21 yo TB with no tolerance for babies!)

http://forum.cyberhorse.com.au/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=1075

"Retreat, retreat!" Poor Jazz deciding that, fence not withstanding, discretion is the better part of valour!

http://forum.cyberhorse.com.au/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=1076

Not the best shot, but I love the rays of sunshine on my... little ray of sunshine! :D

http://forum.cyberhorse.com.au/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=1077

Think1st
05-06-11, 09:57 PM
I spent most of my weekend at work due to some major changes in our business. Totally cleared, repainted and reorganised the main office ready for work tomorrow (fingers crossed everything works Ok when we switch the systems back on)

I did manage to fit in a riding lesson late this afternoon, had a very muddy, very fresh, very animated horse due to heaps of rain and no time to ride all week. Luckily he kept the main fireworks for my instructor (she rides much better than me) unluckily I had ducked off to the toilet when she got on him so didn't actually see his antics, by the time I got back he was working more reasonably for her. From the onlookers I gathered his performance was "more Pharlap than Tortilas". :D:D

Best part is he then went beautifully for me and I am starting to get the feel for when he is working more correctly. With our first dressage competition looming (2 weeks away) this was a boost for my confidence, though I will still be happy if I remember the tests and don't fall off so am not aiming impossibly high here! lol

md
05-06-11, 09:58 PM
Nice Bling Cobie and lovely puddy tat :)

Well it was saturday does that count??? I went on my first trail ride in years, decided to choose the 'cough' safe 10 yr old arab/stock horse cross who has been a trail riding horse for years over the 2nd time out wb 4yr old gelding, only to find that the 'mad' arab part came to the fore and between the shying and jogging it was a semi fun day, meanwhile the young wb was on the buckle sigh........ same thing happens when I go to a resturant, the OH always chooses the better dish.

Oh and the warmblood was much better on his feet than the seasoned horse pfft......

Sunday was nice too though, baked a cake, lunged the warmblood (OH had his saddle on the Other warmblood up in the bush) so couldn't ride, but and this sounds weird I had a lovely day cleaning out the waters, who else feels good staring into lovely clean horse water???

Oh yes and I got the satisfaction of seeing one very peed of horse as it got zapped lol.

Mystery~Bay
05-06-11, 10:16 PM
I wasted a potentially lovely riding day mucking out stables, fixing fences, shopping and attending a fairly bizarre 2yo's birthday party. Would have preferred to have a ride though :(.
I wanna heat about the party:D

MD .....Lol my OH always complains I choose the better dish. He is away for work tomorrow staying somewhere flash up the HV and looked at the menu on the wen today and asked me what I would choose...so he can choose that...lol

alwhitten1
05-06-11, 10:23 PM
Had a lovely ride on pony, mucked stables and did some jobs, had a great ride on big boy and then lunged new young filly. She is getting the hang of canter on the lunge without having to be chased or flipping out and falling down so I really felt like some ground was covered today! Just having a lovely glass of champagne and contemplating the milestones :):)

LindaH
05-06-11, 10:30 PM
The party was not bizarre in a good way. The childs mother is mentally ill and has been institutionalised. Her Father struggles to cope so the child is living with her Grandma. She had a party with 2 sets of grandparents uneasily eying each other off, her father looking uncomfortable and a few other aunties and uncles there for support. It seriously needed a LOT of alcohol to make it bearable, but there was none there :(. We took presents and kids, played for a while, ate cake and left.

kait21
05-06-11, 10:33 PM
Lindah, that sounds like most standard parties with my family/OH family to me!!! No one really likes eachother, everyone eyes eachother off, and it's a bunch of people in the room that would normally never talk to eachother. Great fun, aren't they?!!! not. :rolleyes:

acaciaalba
05-06-11, 10:34 PM
Oh Linda,,,,thats awfull !
Poor kid.
Can see why you left.
What a waste of a lovely day.

StElmosFire
05-06-11, 11:27 PM
I did a 6km run yesterday, and rode Elmo today. He's getting a lot braver about going out the front gate (for our cool-down walk), and now we can do nice little trot circles and flatwork out there on the really wide "nature strip", without him being worried by the traffic going past. Lots of washing and stable cleaning as well. While I was gainfully employed, my OH went of with his mates on a 35km mountain bike ride. :rolleyes:

Late this afternoon, I suddenly got hit by artistic inspiration and started making a deep purple themed bead necklace for a friend interstate. She explained what she wanted, but it's taken a little while to get my creative what-nots working.

Tb Lover
06-06-11, 12:05 AM
I

See Dressage riders do take their horses out of the sand pit.

Only the best do though! ;)

acaciaalba
06-06-11, 12:28 AM
where do they take them ???
chasing lost TB mares in the Tops ??

Harriette
06-06-11, 03:40 AM
I am finished, *sigh* but then so is my sunday :(

Mystery~Bay
06-06-11, 10:07 AM
The party was not bizarre in a good way. The childs mother is mentally ill and has been institutionalised. Her Father struggles to cope so the child is living with her Grandma. She had a party with 2 sets of grandparents uneasily eying each other off, her father looking uncomfortable and a few other aunties and uncles there for support. It seriously needed a LOT of alcohol to make it bearable, but there was none there :(. We took presents and kids, played for a while, ate cake and left.

oh poor kid :( and boo to no alcohol!

rmjens
06-06-11, 10:08 AM
I was going to post last night but was too worn out.

We had the BEST weekend! We headed off to Scone on Friday for a two day cross country clinic. My daughter and her horse, Polly learned some very good lessons on Saturday and were just about foot perfect on Sunday. Go girls!

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2135/05062011024.jpg
By rmjens (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/rmjens) at 2011-06-05

My new mate, Chester enjoyed the clinic too!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7383/05062011019.jpg

It was wonderful to be back on a cross country course. I thought it was about 1984 when I was last at Scone on this horse:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3240/redjump1001.jpg
By rmjens (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/rmjens) at 2011-04-28

It's an old scanned photo and I've shown it before but I'm so glad I have it to remind me of the glory days. However, my husband reminded me that he'd been to Scone with me in about 1993 on another horse. Strange, but I have very little recollection of riding that course but have a clear memory of the first horse. I guess it'll just be a matter of time before I don't remember what happened five minutes ago but remember in detail what happened 20 years ago. However, I digress.....

What a wonderful weekend!

ETA: I wouldn't have been in your shoes for quids, LindaH! We stayed at a B and B with a very congenial host and in her words, "We gave the red a nudge last night, didn't we!"

kevarose
06-06-11, 10:18 AM
I spent the day watching Kevarose being ridden at her first gymkhana. She and her lovely young rider (who is working her as she is for sale) got champion rider in the beginner class. It was first gymkhana for both of them. Kev was an angel, although she was convinced that monsters lurked in red and white poles. The judge was so nice and led her and her rider over the jump. Last time at PC jumps were not a problem but soon she will be used to it all. She is now getting more balanced in cantering circles and is going well. She nickers so beautifully whenever I arrive and I love giving her a hug. I have advertised her on the Welsh site and will now do a few more sites.

She and Lachie are now quite independent - he will occasionally trot up when she is being worked near his paddock but there is no big deal. He is being started in the most wonderful way in that there is no hurry on him. He is being ridden by this same young girl and a dressage coach instructs them as well as the trainer, but taking it very slowly, just 20 minutes or so riding a few times a week, and mostly he spends his time enjoying a paddock the size of a showground with his buddies. He is on the bit most of the time as that is normal to him. Apparently he "leans" on the bit when he is being lazy. We are not going to advertise him until his mum is sold and he is also not so wooly. Or maybe we will let him do some events first with his soft handed young rider next summer.

OakyPoke
06-06-11, 01:21 PM
It was a glorious day here in Sydney!

All the same Think1st, I think there must have been something in the water.

Took my TB to my trainers for a lesson. Normally when this kid 'gets emo' on me he chews his bit a lot and flops his tongue about and generally looks silly for a bit then settles down.
We had to use the old arena out in a paddock surrounded by bush and other horses. The fancy schmancy top arena that is safely fenced all around was too wet and out of action.
Safe to say I spent my 1.5hr lesson (it was a 1 hr lesson but we needed 1.5hr to get horse under control and focussed) was spent learning how to get an emotional TB under control and focussed LOL. So it was actually really good, because at no point did my trainer tell me to hop off, he just would call out different things for me to do and trusted that I wouldnt have a mishap - which was great for my confidence (which isnt all that great some days....). I've actually ridden QH's that are worse, but they tend to figure something out and deal with it a lot quicker. I was a bit surprised that it took a good hour for this horse to absorb his surroundings and start to settle - especially as he normally has a heart attack and comes right back to you almost instantly.
I'm feeling it today. Not sore, just really really tired - but it was a great lesson for me.

dimquisty
06-06-11, 03:49 PM
It was such a lovely day outside but unfortunately never got to ride. There just wasn't enough hours in the day.

Garryngirl I'm positive I saw you on your trike though.nice day for a ride too.

Nicko
06-06-11, 04:01 PM
I had a nice afternoon with Amber. I decided it was too cold to bath her, so I groomed her to break up the mud, and then vacuumed her. Unorthodox I know. The I trimmed her feet, treated her white line disease, and put zinc cream on her greasy heel. I will be glad when we get a long stretch of fine weather. My place is a swamp.

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning my gear, and sorting out my strapping stuff and camping gear for the 160k ride on the weekend.

Caille
06-06-11, 04:43 PM
I vacuum mine too, Nicko. She loves it. :D

Sounds like everyone had a good and productive weekend!

Garryngirl
06-06-11, 05:01 PM
It was such a lovely day outside but unfortunately never got to ride. There just wasn't enough hours in the day.

Garryngirl I'm positive I saw you on your trike though.nice day for a ride too.

You probably did. We went down the road you mentioned you lived on and I did wonder where your place was. Went past around 12ish

It is a bright blue sparkly trike :D

opensky
06-06-11, 09:31 PM
I got dressed in my jods to ride at 7 am knowing the weather would go downhill....get a ride in nice an early!

Head out, horse going nuts - someone's cow running amok in (our) nearby paddock.

Neighbour's renegade cow took over an hour to get off our place. Small chat with neighbour and coffee and 3/4 hour before he leaves....

Had to hang out the washing, put more on.

Thought I'd cook a big lunch since everyone was home and leaving in the early afternoon, start it early, very organised. Well, total overkill on food, and took longer than I thought, so lunch happened.

Was doing the dishes after lunch, a kid runs in (long not-seen friend's kid). Tells me Mum & Dad are bogged in the big dip at the top of our drive and 'arguing' :( ...I kept doing the dishes, best not to walk in on a domestic argument, methinks....

Visitors eventually lob in, red-faced and still arguing. Extended coffee and chat. "I'll come out with you and chat while you ride' says good friend who is old riding buddy. That wasn't going to work, when I ride I can't multi-task, no way.

Eventually they leave. I head out, it's raining and the windsock on the nearby airstrip is at horizontal.. Damn, damn, damn. No ride.....that was my nice horsey Sunday! Miffed? Very!

cbrown
06-06-11, 09:53 PM
I

Well done!! Sounds like you had a ball. I would have loved to hear your big guys thundering about on. I love that old pic too. You look the same! :)

littlecharliebear
07-06-11, 07:42 AM
I spent my sunday walking the fence line of the new paddock my babies are going in for the winter to make sure there were no breaks... then did lots of groomimng

rmjens
07-06-11, 09:35 AM
Ta, cbrown. Only 25 years and 10kg difference! I don't see my heavy boy going over that wagon either.

While our group was watching Polly go around we were talking about how she shakes the ground - her hooves measure 18cm across! - and in olden times, imagine the fear the foot soldiers would have felt when a hundred or more of this type of horse thundered towards them, lances lowered.

We're totally inspired by our weekend. I'm now busily looking at calendars for clinics and writing cheques!

Prudence
08-06-11, 01:59 PM
Well, I spent Sunday @ Bowral Dressage and although some parts of a couple of the grass arenas were boggy, it was a good Sunny day. I think most people had an enjoyable time - sorry I didn't get to see you Mystery Bay - looks like we are having a training day in July instead of Associate/YR comp so keep an eye on the website. It is usually very laid back and our instructors are really helpful.
My mare was not impressed with all the horses so the first half of the day was spent getting you to stop mis behaving. She finally settled down and we did a reasonable but slightly tense Prep test. The Prelim was a disaster - horse took off up the hill while my mare was doing her test and she totally freaked out.
Anyway, it was good that she finally settled down - just need to get her out and about a bit more so she gets used to things (and I can relax!~!)
Looking forward to next weekend and a good relaxing trail ride..........:)

Mystery~Bay
08-06-11, 09:43 PM
Well, I spent Sunday @ Bowral Dressage and although some parts of a couple of the grass arenas were boggy, it was a good Sunny day. I think most people had an enjoyable time - sorry I didn't get to see you Mystery Bay - looks like we are having a training day in July instead of Associate/YR comp so keep an eye on the website. It is usually very laid back and our instructors are really helpful.
My mare was not impressed with all the horses so the first half of the day was spent getting you to stop mis behaving. She finally settled down and we did a reasonable but slightly tense Prep test. The Prelim was a disaster - horse took off up the hill while my mare was doing her test and she totally freaked out.
Anyway, it was good that she finally settled down - just need to get her out and about a bit more so she gets used to things (and I can relax!~!)
Looking forward to next weekend and a good relaxing trail ride..........:)
Glad you survived the day Prudence! Omg att he horse taking off next to you, I think Id have gone to water! I heard about the arenas, even though I probably woukd have only done the prep anyway whichwas on the sand I think I am still not 100% and kind of glad I didnt go I just dont think it was the ideal sitaution for our first outing.

I was thinking of giving the associate day a miss, just this time of year so very hard for me to ride, added to which I am doing 5 weeks fulltime work starting week after next:eek: but if it ends up being a training day should be a god outing for us

Tb Lover
08-06-11, 09:53 PM
I was going to post last night but was too worn out.

We had the BEST weekend! We headed off to Scone on Friday for a two day cross country clinic. My daughter and her horse, Polly learned some very good lessons on Saturday and were just about foot perfect on Sunday. Go girls!

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2135/05062011024.jpg

My new mate, Chester enjoyed the clinic too!

It was wonderful to be back on a cross country course. I thought it was about 1984 when I was last at Scone on this horse:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3240/redjump1001.jpg
By rmjens (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/rmjens) at 2011-04-28

It's an old scanned photo and I've shown it before but I'm so glad I have it to remind me of the glory days. However, my husband reminded me that he'd been to Scone with me in about 1993 on another horse. Strange, but I have very little recollection of riding that course but have a clear memory of the first horse. I guess it'll just be a matter of time before I don't remember what happened five minutes ago but remember in detail what happened 20 years ago. However, I digress.....

What a wonderful weekend!

ETA: I wouldn't have been in your shoes for quids, LindaH! We stayed at a B and B with a very congenial host and in her words, "We gave the red a nudge last night, didn't we!"
Good on ya 'rmjens' I missed your post - hope to see you around soon - .... Oh that is of course if 'I' can 'actually' RIDE and not destroy the feral horses in the process!! :rolleyes: