PDA

View Full Version : I'm off Manu. Totally N/H 100%

Noah'sArk
21-06-11, 01:42 PM
I used to quite like Manu from Masterchef.

Since having watched him tho on DWTS (dancing, not dressage, lol) he comes across as an ego driven, mid life crisis absurd individual.

Has totally put me off.

Vent over.

He needs to go back into the kitchen....;)

rmjens
21-06-11, 01:45 PM
Ah, if only I knew what you were talking about NA, I'd make some suitable comment. I really have to up my tv watching from just Friends, How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang.

There must be a whole lot of 'Manu' stuff out there I'm missing!

StElmosFire
21-06-11, 01:46 PM
Wouldn't know him from a gumboot. Sounds like I'm not missing much??:confused:

manu
21-06-11, 01:56 PM
Phew, I came in here thinking I had upset you,which I thought was strange since I hardly post :p but you are talking about a different manu :D

cbz
21-06-11, 02:03 PM
I thought she was talking about you too, Manu ;). I was just about to make some popcorn and watch this thread go viral. :D

Unfortunately, I do not know this other Manu to whom NA is referring. I don't think this thread will go viral :(

Adelatus
21-06-11, 02:31 PM
I don't think he was off Masterchef. He was off the competitor channels cooking show.

Helen Kirton
21-06-11, 02:45 PM
I think to be a good chef you have to believe in yourself and have that bit of arrogance - just look at the chefs of Masterchef, MKR, Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey etc. They are perfectists with the food they plate up and the look on the plate, as it is said that you not only eat food with your mouth but with your eyes.
Don't forget that he is French and whilst they are charming they can also be very arrogant.
I think Damien Leith will win.

... Taff
21-06-11, 03:37 PM
Does it bug anyone else when Hewie (I can't think of his name, but that fat messy one) (has his own show) slops the food on the plate then takes a perfectly clean tea towel and wipes the plate (dirtying the towel). Why not use a piece of paper towel???

I like to watch people cook or lay bricks, but only if they are good at it.

NikJ
21-06-11, 04:44 PM
Taff, he isnt different to any other chef in regards to hand towel usage.

I like Manu's food using Ready Steady Cook as an example. I havent been watching Dancing with the Stars.

md
21-06-11, 05:04 PM
He's french nothing more to add........

Noah'sArk
21-06-11, 05:47 PM
Pmsl @ Md. Spot on...