PDA

View Full Version : Home needed for wire haired jack russell

Shapeshifter
11-11-11, 01:18 PM
Hi all, we need to find a home for a young wire haired jack russell.

He is desexed, vaccinated and microchipped, he has a fantastic temperament and is loved by three kids BUT he keeps wandering away.

He needs a home that doesn't have chickens and has an enclosed backyard/yarding.

This isn't a 'have to get rid of him or goes to the pound' type of add, although the chicken farmer down the road has said he's on thin ice, he keeps ending up in the fox trap when he chases the chickens.

He does live in a cage at present but on a farm it's not fair for him to be in it permanently and due to circumstances an enclosure can not be built.

Newcastle location but doesn't matter where he goes as long as it's a good home.

GailR
11-11-11, 01:37 PM
Shapeshifter, we are in Ipswich, Qld. Our yard (4 acres) is fully dog fenced. If you have no luck with anyone else offereing to take him, let me know. pgrossington@bigpond.com

If I sound reluctant, it's only because we have lost our much loved jackie to a snake at the beginning of October, so still not over that and we worry about getting another one as they are such wonderfully quirky little people that we will fall in love again and as they are buggers for snakes, we don't want to feel this pain again, quite so soon.

Shapeshifter
11-11-11, 01:44 PM
Oh Gail I'm so sorry to hear, it's a horrible thing to have happen and I can understand what you mean.

I will let you know how I go.

GailR
11-11-11, 04:13 PM
OK, here's hoping he finds a good home, no matter who it is.

vixen
11-11-11, 07:20 PM
Contact Hunter Animal Rescue,they will help,fostering and a forever home.I did ask PippLongstocking,Lucy and Shirley Bassette but they said there's no room on the bed.

dilutesrule
11-11-11, 07:25 PM
Contact Hunter Animal Rescue,they will help,fostering and a forever home.I did ask PippLongstocking,Lucy and Shirley Bassette but they said there's no room on the bed.

LOL love it.......ohh and Shirley Bassette,very creative!!

Shapeshifter
11-11-11, 07:25 PM
Thanks vixen but would prefer him not to be in that situation, as I said it's not a matter of 'get rid of him', he is loved and will stay where he is until a new home is found.

This is about his safety and happiness, not anything else.

Shapeshifter
12-11-11, 12:38 PM
The best result has happened, the breeder is taking him back, thanks for the interest :)

GailR
12-11-11, 08:58 PM
Good result for the little man.

NikJ
12-11-11, 09:15 PM
like :) great that he has an ethical breeder.

Am over gail's way so stepped back when she put her hand up.

acaciaalba
12-11-11, 11:09 PM
like :) great that he has an ethical breeder.

Am over gail's way so stepped back when she put her hand up.

and whats " Gail,s Way ", pray tell ?
for the dumbo out here .