PDA

View Full Version : I Cant Hold It In Anymore ....N/H

missys-girl
28-03-12, 01:23 AM
The KFC ad, it drives me insane....gooderfication is NOT A FREAKING WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I feel better now i have shared it with the masses :D

teetee
28-03-12, 07:17 AM
Can I also add my 2c? I hate this trend of creating 'free range options' when they aren't really options at all. You can't get a free range greasy drumstick you can get some arty farty wrap with organic this and that. I don't care about organic I just want free range to be an option - on everything. The same thing is at red rooster I can't get a free range roast chook I can only get a wrap with powdery bread and disgusting avocado sauce because they seem to think that people who care about animal welfare are also organic freaks. Not so! I'm happy to eat junk food I'm under no illusions of it being healthy in any way shape or form but I want to promote better welfare for food animals, that's it. It shits me because it's not choice they are offering its a stereotype, just because I care about animal welfare doesn't mean I like avocado sauce!

/rant

MissTi
28-03-12, 09:20 AM
Have to add another thing that irks me about the KFC ads. Kids (employees) go off to farm. Happily chase free range chickens around the pen. Lock them up. And then promptly sit down outside the hen house to eat *gasp* chicken!!

And now that you have brought up "goodifercation", I reckon that the majority of words used to sell beauty products, cleaning products etc are made up.:rolleyes:

nostalgiaplatz
28-03-12, 10:12 AM
Can I also add my 2c? I hate this trend of creating 'free range options' when they aren't really options at all. You can't get a free range greasy drumstick you can get some arty farty wrap with organic this and that. I don't care about organic I just want free range to be an option - on everything. The same thing is at red rooster I can't get a free range roast chook I can only get a wrap with powdery bread and disgusting avocado sauce because they seem to think that people who care about animal welfare are also organic freaks. Not so! I'm happy to eat junk food I'm under no illusions of it being healthy in any way shape or form but I want to promote better welfare for food animals, that's it. It shits me because it's not choice they are offering its a stereotype, just because I care about animal welfare doesn't mean I like avocado sauce!

/rant
I'd never really thought about it that way before, but now that you mention it, abso-fricken-lutely - every time I see free range/organic options advertised on the telly, my first thought is 'yeuck, where's the grease and potato?'.

Part of the reason why, sadly, my 10 year love affair with fast food is coming to an end... it's easier to just cook the shit myself with better ingredients and more butter. :D

That said, my weekly McDonalds brekkies will continue for as long as they sell sauso mcmuffins.

Lin2
28-03-12, 10:26 AM
The goodification drives me nuts as well, so I'm with ya on that one.

I blame the evil on marketing creatives. :)

shaiarabs
28-03-12, 10:35 AM
Have to add another thing that irks me about the KFC ads. Kids (employees) go off to farm. Happily chase free range chickens around the pen. Lock them up. And then promptly sit down outside the hen house to eat *gasp* chicken!!

lol dont come to my house then, sometimes its lamb chops on the table while I am bottle feeding lambs lol

Diana
28-03-12, 10:46 AM
lol dont come to my house then, sometimes its lamb chops on the table while I am bottle feeding lambs lol

I'll help you feed lambs if I get chops!! :D :D :D

(Chops are my favourite..)