Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressage rules help please!!!

Yes, I get that rules should be followed. But these rules are stupid when they’re not based on safety and welfare. And that was my reply from the club - they justified it by saying that if something happened and I sued, they would be held accountable. FFS!! How stupid is that line of reasoning?! People are stupid.
    Also, what about the committee member that was allowed to ride in a baroque saddle that had a cantle and pommel that went past her belly button, as well as massive front and rear knee rolls? Is that alllowed?

interesting point, so does "baroque" interpret as "dressage" saddle?

I have a Peruvian saddle and it sure is baroque too. LOL

pic please Mindari.. aaaand health report please...

I have suffered in South American saddles of several different persuasions
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

mine is similar to this one

http://www.theperuvianpaso.com/_peru...ddle___430.htm

hey this one has the same roses pattern as mine as well

http://www.theperuvianpaso.com/_peru...ddle___447.htm

there are heaps even a sidsaddle listed, just click on the link above the listing number for that saddle "back to Preowned Peruvian Paso Tack Sales"

Hope this link opens, its the kids V the knights at Rowany.

https://www.facebook.com/nicola.baar...494460738/?t=0

Some of the acres of tents

Last edited by mindari; 25-04-19 at 01:44 PM.

My friend Linda talked me into have a go and getting to this years Rowany Festival at Mittagong.

so took the pony n outfit... even rode for about 3 hours just pottering with her as hadn't ridden for 9 months, (both her and moi )

felt wonderful but very tiring, still very weak, which is frustrating, but every day is a fraction better than the last, im just impatient the doc keeps telling me, its going to take a year....
    big thrill, taste is coming back! everything isn't metallic cardboard anymore.... so exciting

Was so lucky, to be sitting on the veradah above the kids at the battle of the kids v the knights.....

At Rowany, if you dont arrive in costume, they lend you one. everyone is dressed for the period, there are hundreds of people there.. its amazing

in all those people never saw the same outfit twice.
    well apart from the visitors who were loaned serfs throw overs LOL

there were a few in caravans in the carpark. but the vast majority were in period tents and pavilions all with either real candle power, or safer solar candles or battery candles, heaps safer with all that canvas around us

Linda is riding Fax, her massive Percheron girl

Last edited by mindari; 25-04-19 at 11:30 AM.

Gee the kids do play tough,
    they are shooting at those guys?

At least the arrows are blunt I suppose?

Brave? or crazy?

What a wonderful event! Thanks for the photos.
    So happy for you that things are improving, just don't rush it!

LOL, if I try to keep going when head starts feeling dizzy, its not long before knee's go jelly and down I go.

One advantage of sitting on chica when legs felt wobbly, doesn't matter. But got hard to stay straight when too tired, began slouching and all joints began to hurt to sit straight so called it a day then, was so pleased with her, she was so good. well except when I walked her near the box trailers, reckoned they looked dangerous. Took me a bit to twig it was the folded tarps in them she was spotting, then when one moved in the wind, then she was sure there were monsters in it. but didn't take off. just refused to go closer and sidepassed away.

Didnt try any of the mounted games, figured just a quiet walk was all should the trying at this stage. Asked for some leg yielding and she was, very nicely, sidepassed to a post and away. very pleased with her.

Did plenty of straight lines, leg yielding and turns at the walk, she just went better and better.

Bit tougher when walking but carried a chair with me so could sit in it instead of sitting in the dust, only had two wobble scares. so getting so much better.

Before, couldn't even make it to the house from the car sometimes. But discovered my best friends brother all 6'3" of him had the same trouble after chemo and radiation, went down and couldn't get up, neighbour had to help him.
    At least manage to get up and to the house after a rest. Doc reckoned im too impatient to get better.

But its very exciting, much much better than even two weeks ago now. AND can taste more things, no metalalic taste all the time,,,,Its gone? and cant even remember when it disappeared. YAY

Sounds as though things are thundering ahead! I would hate that metallic taste - tinned tuna leaves that taste in my mouth and it is horrible! Can't imagine if everything tasted like that! Go minder!

I know I'm chiming in very late here but I feel for you OP! In eventing dressage, the rules state "an English type saddle", and while it's not that common, it's definitely not frowned upon to be in a jump saddle. I'd much rather ride in a well balanced jump saddle thal an all purpose - and have ridden a few well-scoring tests in mine while hunting for a dressage saddle that fit my horse properly!
    A bit rough that you passed that many gear checks without it being an issue, and then having someone complain about you. Stuff the dressage and just come eventing