Thread: Diet changes .. and scary white horses in that wind...

Default Diet changes .. and scary white horses in that wind...

Just because, Cashman has been on his new diet for 14 weeks or so. It is a product called Breakfree by Equifeast, because his shies are so random at approaching horses and big white cars too( it could be a good excuse) and of course its probably me.
    But it could also be that being nothing but a trail horse, he never had anything like a horse coming at him. It could be that he is a chicken ( and that's why I have a chicken in my life now too, to remind me LOl) and he ran away at break neck speed from Skipper if he even looked at him, and the ride on so who knows..
    but anyhow I invented a white horse for groundwork.. Cashy was doing his second go with it ( and the wind decided to ad to our fun) I was impressed that I kept focus on the animal, and never checked why he was being cautious and jamming on his brakes. Tis a bit long.. but it is funny to see how we actually behave when doing things with horses.
    All dressed up too I am, best top on, all tucked in, neat and tidy :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8sTBi2Nao

Then I thought Skipper better see this thing for the first time, he was good in his right eye to begin with, the left was a different story, he was Skipper as I know him best a lot of time.. run bubba run. Skipper is still on a complete opposite theory of High oxolate feeds regime to Cashy, and has been for over 12 months. I think the grass is affecting him as he skips in and out and disunites a bit but the ground is also uneven, and when he shats himself he just runs too.. people think he is a slow mo.. but he can still spin and run off a dime .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S7qvIrUWxs

all good fun.. feel free to pick on me if it takes your fancy... and I never use side reins and lunging gear, I really am trying to influence my horses thought and get them to look and use their body themselves.. I am trying to follow Steve Halfpennys work most of the time.

I quit at 2:20.. but why oh why of why oh…...did you miss his question @ 25seconds ?

You went on and made it a discipline issue, horse escaping past and you stopping him.
    You have two predators in play.. the white horse and your flag… all far too much.

You could achieve so much more if only you can find the empathy.
    I am glad you are seeking to understand, but opine that you must be much much more observant and sensitive.
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

I do agree, much easier said than done.. but when a horse baulks and runs ( away or too fast past) it all gets in a tangle. But again to get them to follow the feel or suggestion is the hard part for me. Might be time to lose the flappys and go back to the plain old stick too.

Just one other thought.. I know its LONG but if you never see the whole lot of anything, you never really know if things better , worse, or totally fail I can see myself, that's of course why I do it. But changing bad habits is pretty hard work too. for me, as I have been practicing them since I was 3 a longgg time ago.

I think he handled things very well considering the wind and the flappy white horse! While occasionally he rushed past the obstacle it never looked out of control. Maybe a few too many things for him to coe with at first but he did seem to improve. Well done cyrus!

I am a slow learner, that's true.
    It always pays to recall where we began also, and I am not a million circles type of rider as my body complains too bitterly later.
    3 years ago, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sJT...&feature=share
    His diet change has been for 3 months again now, we had a lesson Friday, trainer riding him and me on the white distraction... ( eventually) beginning slowly in the round yard, crossing directions etc, then off to the swamp, I am just pottering about on Skipper while Cashy works harder than he ever imagined.... he threw in a few wobblys that seemed to be at me on Skipper sort of walking towards him, and after canter. The traffic and dog noises etc are really quite loud, not really what I normally notice, but when taped you hear plenty.
    So we did a bit today, the camera ( DVD) not my phone as often I do just sits on the hill, so I am a but of an outline in the distance.. no pixio for this old gal, no arena, just the bumpy old mowed pretty dry swampland I live on.
    Still alive , which is always good We open gates from the way I ask.. we dont go running off very often, and we can canter a lot better now... and Cashy yesterday was spinning on the hill and running silly, and never slipped over once.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w2I...&feature=share

Mostly for me to find again, but feel free to crucify me as usual LOl. I usually pay for that, but hey its good practice to be told over and over all my life.

What I saw in my taped lesson- me on Skipper, was me as a wild child - just the way I grew up I guess. But if I was a horse I would prefer to smell a few flowers along the way than work work work :P

I live in such a tranquil neighbourhood ( the other half got woken by it too...) but anyhow, still alive , which is always good.
    I sat on Cashy longer than ever today as the white car that came through summoned me.... Skipper was complaining... I think I sat still for about 30 mins, poor Cash. But a truck rattled over the bridge, a few cars, and that noisy board is a shocker too. All he looked at was a few sheep, but never moved his feet. pretty good ( really for him) so we wasted most of the morning really.
    Dam that clanging is LOUD though, and they are right next to our house. What would one prefer.. clanging of terrible house next door... today it was six of one and half a dozen of another really.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_aaxxszlGw&t=615s