Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The silence is deafening....

Great to hear gasbuster, and I am just about to top my hayshed up too ( $19 a bale is probably cheap to what we will killed with later on in winter) Teff hay is losing popularity fast it seems too, but it is nicer hay than anything I have got on the coast so far, and so far my 2 eat it a bit a day to go amongst the green which is running out due to my mowing skills. But I think I might have a chance now. We had 46ml of rain, it barely even wet the ground here, as its been rainless since march. Winter has arrived, so keep warm everyone, and keep posting..

Just to interrupt the crickets for a moment, here is a youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RMKICBlFkw

Now, back to crickets.

ETA: Sorry, I was a bit of a mug this morning. The first bit of the youtube consists of a still picture which might be a little unpleasant for anyone expecting something nice. I could kick myself.
    Last edited by ... Taff; 09-06-19 at 02:54 PM.

I would ad to that, wearing leather gloves is something we should also do, ( reminds myself to be more careful too) as I am slack. I have had the rope slide through ( remind oneself- LET GO) rope burn hurts too.

Back to chooks... more eggs, I still have a free range chook that really does not like pats, but loves devon…

UGH! Opened the youtube just as I was taking a bite of my jam on toast!! I stopped looping my lead rope a few years ago because I felt it could be tricky. Funny how common sense can take a while to step in...

lucky you cyrus having fresh eggs, my husband feels we have too many snakes to risk encouraging them with chooks and eggs!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jcr View Post
    UGH! Opened the youtube just as I was taking a bite of my jam on toast!! I stopped looping my lead rope a few years ago because I felt it could be tricky. Funny how common sense can take a while to step in...

lucky you cyrus having fresh eggs, my husband feels we have too many snakes to risk encouraging them with chooks and eggs!
    yes rope burn is the pits,

so long ago I was taught never to loop the lunge or the lead.

eggs?

my chooks are on holiday for the winter I think..sigh

now the the good good news

soooo much better now.
    Doc rang last week and said she believes i am in remission after the pet and mri scans

as I happen to have two in the family who work and study in the cancer industry as well as darling Jenny and Himanshu being world leaders on the subject I know she is being overly optimistic so early after treatment ... but hey. enjoy the sunshine and how much better I am now immensely

YAY

I know well anything can go wrong in this crazy world we live in.

still getting my head around will never see eldest son again and he was only 55. still hits like a baseball bat when I go somwhere we had tea together, went sight seeing together etc... really hits home, that I am still here and he is gone so so suddenly.

life truely is a lottery.

live every day, no one knows their future.

Well that's good news you are feeling better Mindari, and hopefully the news is true, sad on other counts, but perhaps you plan t o make up a few lost years on your sons behalf. It sure is a lottery.
    Still dry here, the rains seem to avoid us whenever they are about. We did get 46ml on June 4th. Not so cold at the moment, odd weather.
    The boys are happy, and its always good to have a wheelbarrow to hide behind... silly animals. At least they seem well too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF3EaPQnjDs

So pleased you're feeling better mindari. Life doesn't seem fair at times, one should never lose one's children we're meant to go first sorry for your loss

thanks everyone. Much appreciated

Keep checking for rain on the weather forecasts

there is even a facebook page "one day closer to rain" everyone is so focused on the subject and how to get your stock through to the big day..

wonder if other nations are as obsessed with "when will it rain" :-)

well the winter solstice has passed, longer days every morning to look forward to now

still awaiting rain in the brown hole here, I live where it pours around me and misses us a lot.. then we flood oh well. Dry is less slippery.
    I just love my horses and they pass the days and keep me smiling.
    yesterday was almost 22 degrees here, very pleasant so the grubs got a wash in quit itch, Skipper is losing weight, and the red horse eats anything he can find and still has a good covering of fat.

Anyhow- Skippers reactions are always interesting... he is my little white Knight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6fXSijOQE

And Cashman is the Knight in Shining Armor…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdkylTs4d1o

and I am the one with bandy legs and need new shoes to walk over the holes they dig each day in there.
    The rabbits are busy too...
    The chicken is happy.. and all is well