Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The silence is deafening....

Default The silence is deafening....

Is everyone still alive...?
    Woke up to 18 degrees here at 7am, still no rain for ages, but the place is still green from dew each day I think.

Skipper and Cash might even get thin this winter, as they are mowing down the grass patches each day when they get a bit.

I entered a prep test sunday, my only hope is to help with horse shyness. Stop kicking, as you all say I do ( I don't think I do) but hey, the video of the other rider on Cashy kicked more than I do, IMHO of course, no point saying so, but that's what I think anyhow.
    I know a horse can suck back behind the vertical, and it is very hard to get past that ( for me anyhow) I watch my videos, and I know I have this funny wobble in my feet, I was taught that to warn my horse that we are about to go, and its a hard habit to break. Another one to warn was to take your foot slightly away from the side, then apply pressure again, I was taught its like a half halt warning to get a move on, also.
    2 habits. Either way, all I can ever say, is I like a slow horse, because I am slow too... so who the ffff cares really.
    He seems happy at home when we are alone.... and out on the trail... so sunday week we will see if anything has changed from his diet. We got through the last Dressage day. Only to snuff it up at a clinic 2 days later
    I think we might be related to Forest Gump.. Run Cashy run(away LOl)
    Either way, life is good, I have a chicken still that cruises our yard and sleeps and lays an egg a day. Its pretty cool to see a chicken in full flight coming over to you when you go outside LOL

Then she disappears off into her world again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxd8jY0TIV4

ITS really weird here

So hot when in the sunlight, but freezing the second step into the shade.

Been busy planting winter veggies and bought some stunning geraniums, deep red and even deeper red double. along with a lighter red and white particolour flowers... love the colours.

spotted a standard gardenia and taken one more chance and added it. (the last one just didnt do well, so will keep this one in a big pot I think? Bunnings must love me.

Hubby is away at Gilgandra hand feeding the cattle. (he hasn't much choice) cant put a lot of hay out for them to eat when they want, or every roo in the national park will have finished it all before daybreak....

Was thinking same as you.

Where is everyone. I really dont like faceplant.

you can never find a thread you were following most of the time it just disappears.

went to the Medieval winter fest at mittagong and took chica, she was so good. hadn't been saddled for 9 months, didn't put a foot wrong, even when the motorbikes next door began roaring, (last year I wasn't game to try riding her she was so scared).

rode her in full dress and didn't mind being covered in all that velvet either.

even took her for a trail ride in the bush as well.

went to the Blacktown Medieval fair but didnt take her that time. So wished I could, they too had skill at arms events, but she is still learning anyway. Been so long since I trained Rahma, now a newbie to teach, she was wary but is going well past the poles and even side passing when I asked, very soft the to leg, its a lovely feeling isn't it.

had an amazing bird display, free flying black cockatoo, Major Mitchel, eagle and barn owl as well as a Blue Macaw..

repotted many of my orchids yesterday, they all seem to be busy putting out new shoots, some flowers as well

Sounds like a lot of fun Mindari, I saw a bit of the medieval fair on the news ( at Blacktown) The fellow down this way is putting on a weekend clinic, I forget when now, for the Archery etc, I sure think it would get hot under that suit of armour, even in cooler weather.
    Today hit 26, and windy. Still not a drop of rain .. might be a while.

I must admit I do miss the robust conversations which used to occur!
    Hope you and Cashy have a good day and he is secure with you now.

My daughter's horse is very horse shy due to some idiot whacking her horse immediately in front of him, if he hadn't had quick reactions, he'd have been kicked in the head. Then he had another bad incident, so warming up used to be rather tricky! Daughter has learned that when he starts to stress, she can take him to a corner or quiet place and just stand him for a couple of minutes, he will get himself together. May be worth trying with Cashy?

Mindari, It sounds though you're starting to feel better, Congrats! It's been a long haul for you.
    I have a very pot bound orchid is it easy to repot or how do I go about rescuing it? Can you give me some advice.

Giggles, one day we hope to get out of the corner

Quote Originally Posted by Jcr View Post
    I must admit I do miss the robust conversations which used to occur!
    Hope you and Cashy have a good day and he is secure with you now.

My daughter's horse is very horse shy due to some idiot whacking her horse immediately in front of him, if he hadn't had quick reactions, he'd have been kicked in the head. Then he had another bad incident, so warming up used to be rather tricky! Daughter has learned that when he starts to stress, she can take him to a corner or quiet place and just stand him for a couple of minutes, he will get himself together. May be worth trying with Cashy?

Mindari, It sounds though you're starting to feel better, Congrats! It's been a long haul for you.
    I have a very pot bound orchid is it easy to repot or how do I go about rescuing it? Can you give me some advice.

seems to be easier to get out if its had a good soaking, push the sides gently to loosen away from the pot and turn upside down and with one hand under the plant so it cant fall tap it on the bottom.

if the pot is really tight and cant tap it out, I get a stanley knife and cut the side of the pot. being careful not to damage the roots.

then gently shake it and let the old potting mix fall out or if it wont come wash it out so not to damage the roots and repot with new orchid mix in a larger pot

well that's how I do it.

others may have different ways.

lots of interesting videos here

repotting your cymbidium
    Last edited by mindari; 28-05-19 at 12:01 PM.

Good to see you old broads enjoying life… keep posting
    I am reading … and so are many others who will not post...
    All good here, horses have been well but we are about to fly so they are suddenly fragile, why is that.. do they know?
    tic
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

Thank mindari I'll get some mix and go for it.

Still alive, but busy in my own bubble. Big girl cruising along and is an awesome horse to take out. Can be very difficult when notin front of the leg at home.

Dry as, almost completely sold out of hay, and it’s only June...

About to sit my prac exam for Novice Level judges upgrade, after 7 years at G level...

I have a shed full of hay due to good planning and using the same farmer for 25+ years.
    It will be a tough winter for buyers who have not been producer loyal.
    Good to hear that the nag is going well and congrats on the judging upgrade
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human