Thread: Unicorn flies again!

Default Unicorn flies again!

Such an up and down journey, but an amazing high over the weekend. Sometimes I think our relationship is suffering from Bipolar disorder. We go from major disobedience’s and me wondering why my butt didn’t hit the ground to butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth in the space of a few days. I have been re reminded of the value of the bread and water diet for treating manners and attitude. . off to only our second comp since October last year. Long drive, with the sole aim of a qualifying score for state at novice .... and a little bit of judging practice in preparation for my prac exam next weekend.

Such an amazing feeling to come out of not one, but two tests feeling like neither of us could have ridden 20+ movements one after the other better. A couple of driver errors and misunderstandings in each test which proved expensive, but a string of 8s from a B level judge in a Novice Test just blew me away. She gave me a 70!!!! So my scores over the 2 tests were high 66 and high 67

After the Stephen Clarke clinic at the CDI I came home with a much greater appreciation of good transitions- Danielle Dierks and her friesian were just awe inspiring to watch, so the big girl has been much more in front of the leg much to her disgust. It has caused a few mistakes with a little too much or a little too little leg, but overall a much nicer picture.

So the aim now, remove at least half of the driver errors, which I think will only come with more test practice.

Unfortunately the best practice for putting dressage tests together is to ride more dressage tests. Worth it though. The high you must be on from receiving all those 8s will last for weeks. There’s nothing like it is there.

Well done! Sounds as though you might just have a top horse on your hands!

Go you two, I thought I had a reply here, but I must have been dreaming again..

Oh I love those sort of days!!! For me...they occur mostly in the back paddock at home Congrats on your fabulous day!
    OakyPoke

Congratulations what a super day! Don't forget the unicorn is a mare so this may help to explain the mood swings LOL