Thread: Maybe only chance to make submissions for appointment of an ombudsman

Default Maybe only chance to make submissions for appointment of an ombudsman

Wish I knew where else to put...........so many thousands of people affected but how to reach them. the papers wont print it

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/lc...MYTBWC5TljzfhI

But so many have been affected by the rspca inspectors who have so little knowledge and make so many mistakes with no accountability or ombudsman to apply too

received notification, they are receiving submissions
    https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/committees/listofcommittees/Pages/committee-details.aspx?pk=263
    then click on the submissions button
    which brings up this page
    https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/committees/inquiries/Pages/lodge-a-submission.aspx?pk=2550
    been thinking I should contact the people of Katoomba so they can make submissions about how trusting the rspca and inviting them to partner them in the shelter they bought, erected, the two shops they also bought so the income from the shops paid for the shelter and then in I think it was 2017 rspca nsw decided to liquidate both the shops, sold them then gave notice to all the shelter staff it was to be closed and sold as surplus ........all money taken as assets of rspca yagoona............the only reason it is still open the people of katoomba fought to prevent the closure and sale...although with their two shops gone, no income to pay staff or maintenance as before, when it was entirely self funding itself ........they certainly were stupid to hand their hard worked for facility over to rspca nsw...........

I have put a submission asking for an ombudsman be appointed as well as the return of public prosecutor handing cases as was done for decades . instead of them changing to doing it with private firms and costing people everything to defend themselves

I must admit when you told us this years ago, I stopped supporting the RSPCA. Although I do feel mean; I know a couple of RSPCA workers and they really do work hard for the betterment of the animals. As usual, it is the hierarchy that's the problem....

Yes JCR......and when you stop supporting.. the animals suffer.
    It is clearlyan imperfect organisation (the silence is deafening when thousand of animals suffer and die in the fires )….but...
    Mindari is consumed by the wrongs and blind to the rights
    Destroy the rspca and you are destroying innocent animals…..
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

I do agree tgh05, but in my own small way I try to help. I support a couple of rescue organisations and at work we help to rehome strays and unwanted animals. The trouble seems to be that the bigger the organisation, the more top-heavy they become.
    Likewise I won't give the charities my credit card number, I heard years ago (current affairs program) that most of the first years donations go to pay the companies who supply the collectors or the people who sign you up.