Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heres to a better New Year for us all

Default Heres to a better New Year for us all

I hope you are all surviving , it sure is quiet here, but with so much of NSW clouded in smoke , drying up or burning up, all I can hope for is that we all remain safe into the New Year.
    We had a fire 30km from us and the main road to the coast will be closed for more than a month, the road north is opening and closing as conditions permit. I hope south stays fire free.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuVRGNTFMiU

2nd ride since the tooth went.. and our good shy too. The heads still coughing and spluttering, but in this smoke we are all choking on and off too. My saddles will be packed in my car tomorrow, my float will be hooked, hopefully I have chosen a spot safer than many, and close to the evacuation spot too.
    I hope all my friends make it through too, the fire bearing down on us now was deliberately lit... one has to wonder what the world will end up like with what people do.

people are so crazy at times... Batemans Bay detectives have charged a man after a fire began in the Deua River Valley on Boxing Day.

A police spokesman said a 71-year-old man, from the Deua area, was charged at 5pm on Friday, December 27, with lighting a fire for land clearance or a fire break without a permit or giving notice and with permitting a fire to escape and cause damage.
    Police said emergency services were called just before noon on Thursday, December 26, to a property in Araluen Road, about 18km north west of Moruya, following reports of a fire.

Following inquiries, officers from South Coast Police District attended the property at about 11.30am the following day.
    The man was arrested and taken to Moruya Police Station.

The rodeos have been cancelled- thankfully at Moruya and Nowra ( But many of them are camped in the spot we would evacuate too, so I guess I will just load up, drive around with the boys and hope it passes and leaves us intact..

stay safe everyone and I hope your New Year improves for the better, not the worse.

hope all stays well with you.

so many in the same boat, had visitors here while their home had the fires coming. so far her home is ok, not sure if she should have heading home yesterday as it still has 900 mtrs of unburnt bush behind her home.

other friends its gone through and left all their homes intact along with their animals. one lost the chook shed much to the chooks annoyance when the sun went down. they had stayed in the bare paddock with her horses and cattle so didnt even get singed.

so much stress.

Hope all stay ok

take care everyone

Hope you stay safe Cyrus with both of your horses. Hope everyone is safe who are threatened by the fires. On the Mornington Peninsula it has been declared extreme but a lot of the area is still a bit green. However it doesnt stop me worrying about my boys been out twice already. Have just returned after the wind change. Will go down later tonight to put them to bed. Happy New Year everyone.
    Horses are my friends for life

Worried about you of course Cyrus. Come in and let's know how you are when you can. Hope you and yours come through this nightmare okay.

Hi guys,

We are blanketed in thick smoke this morning -- well, it rolled in maybe about 8.00pm yesterday evening. We shut everything up, of course.

This morning we went around the tiny gaps in our old fashioned hinged windows with some sticking plaster. We might want to open them later if the wind comes from the West and brings some smoke-free air, so we didn't tape them up completely. I experimented with sticking strips of wet newspaper over the other teeny gaps, to see how long they stick. Yes, it goes with the decor quite nicely.

How is everyone fairing? Canberra is yuksville at the moment. (MUCH worse than previously when we were whinging about the smoke.)

Other Half (who contacted me through messages for help with posting) (who, BTW, is not my other half, folks, so don't get excited): I sent your enquiry to Bill the moderator so I hope you had some luck and can now post. Yes, this forum has an amazing archive. Many's the time I have put my feet up and read through brilliant archived threads. I just wish the conversations would start up again but we need some brave people to post about their wayward horses and how it's all his or her fault or, better still, maybe some brave people can post about their poor confused horses who can't understand why their riders do what they do.

If any horses would like to start a thread, please do so.

To all Cyberhorse readers past and present, Happy New Year and please keep safe.

Taff

Don't check the cbh tomb very much anymore but was wondering if Cyrus was ok.
    Belated New Year wishes to everyone and special wishes to those affected by the fires
    Can't help with the forum , nobody cares…... sad to see the list moribund but it is what it is
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

Oh Poor cyrus I do hope she and her extended family are safe Stay safe everyone

everyone ok ?
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

Yes. Everyone ok? Cyrus?

Hopefully cyrus is safe. If she's in an evacuation centre I suspect she hasn't got Cyberhorse on her mind. Besides, she might not have access to any means of getting online.

Canberra is smokey again today. We had a lovely smoke-free day yesterday (more or less) for most of the day and refreshed the house.

Thanks for the horsey thread gasbuster, midnightly, tgh and mindari.