Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heres to a better New Year for us all

is everyone safe out there ? who is getting rain ?

Had a wonderful drop over last weekend, then Monday, it was 21mLs in about 5 minutes! Too heavy to go in the water tanka, and washed all our remaining topsoil into the dams! Horrible! But since then nice moist drizzle, trouble is it is making it so humid!! Paddocks are starting to green up which is wonderful!
    Just can't keep everyone happy problems wth everything Haha! Simply put, it was wonderful to get rain at last.

Like so many coastal areas now, we have had over 300ml of rain. The fires are most likely out, although a person up river I met when in evac, said stumps are still burning underneath... so who really knows. Up the back where I ride finally has some decent containment lines as the fires never quite got to us, even though they made me run without undies even, thankfully it was not as bad as they thought on many occasions , but it is still devastating here ( and many other places too) Hopefully people will make it through, the rain has helped many feel better. I know having water and full tanks here makes me feel at least we could defend a normal fire. The loss of electricity is the scary bit , one generator and a fire pump might be enough.. but I still think if I am told to run, I will. Canberra memories were bad enough, but that was done and dusted in less than 3 hours, what we have been through feels like 3 years.
    Chatty Chook survived, and on the 19th Feb it will be a year since she flew over the fence and decided to camp here.
    The horses are locked in small areas and I keep mowing, kikuyu is a crazy grass. it is over taking us again

Been a sad day for me,learned one I bred, spirits only foal magic drowned in the floods along with one of his paddock mates, the only survivor was saved by Ron males grandson who spotted him clinging to timber and went out in his boat and got him to shore

So glad chatty chook is still with you

such a funny bird

so glad the fires are hopefully finally gone

It has been a tragic summer really. Hopefully people find some normality soon.