Thread: What to do with ones photos?

Default What to do with ones photos?

make a movie, of course.
    The tales of tragedy and repair around here are just adding on to all the losses our country has had this fire season, if that's not bad enough hail damages a shit load in Canberra.
    Lucky that the house I sold to my son on December 20th for half its value... may as well enjoy the inheritance early kiddo, becaue just after that we could have all burnt to the ground.
    So many did, some are still without power, and the tales of hardship continue.
    None of us are really safe yet, but we have to believe we will be cared for....
    I have no idea what happened to the beginning of January, but here we are almost at the end.

All I know is that my back is tired, from carrying around my sense of humour…

Canberra fires had a great impact me, 16 years ago. I did not burn then, and I am ok now. But I am still very aware of how we as people need to take better care of each other and the earth we live on.
    This ones LONg, I took a lot of photos as I do …

over 2000 people crowded into the safest area that could be found, and it was actually peaceful.
    Minus the usual human greed and the few dirtbags that continue to live around us. We have a horse collector nearby to us, and the things I witnessed were disgraceful.
    We also have one in the Cobargo area, her story made news again.... I do hope one day they are treated as badly as the animals they supposedly rescue and care for.
    Anyhow- it was a time of challenge and friendship and new community feelings for so many.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mueNuXn8hno

stay safe everyone... here's to the firies and all those who come to the rescue... may we never see another firestorm like the one that wiped our coast out.

So glad to hear you've come through the fires ok I gather your property is ok? How is Mrs Have a chat?
    It certainly has not been a good start to the year - so many tragedies and so much heroism - those firies are amazing; so many stories of selflessness. It does restore my faith in humans, then you hear the other side - the thefts, animal cruelty, abuse of the system the PM's initial attitude so I will focus on the good for now

Stay safe cyrus take care

Well out we went again almost forget when, but I stayed and then the next one came.. so we stayed another 13 days, what a camping effort... still unburnt, they supposedly tell us it is safe now, and at least it cannot take a big run at us anymore. Just land close by.

Interesting times were had, many things were seen, RSPCA followed up on the scrawniest horse I had ever seen, not I who reported it, but somehow I got left caring for 7 of them. 3 got left in a yard for 36 hours with nothing.. so I ended up with them being fed too, the LLS people were fantastic, certain things were not so good. I would call it the entitled verses the ones on their own, over yarding etc.. after my name turned to mud here ( not that I give a rats whisker really) as what I have seen is what I have known also.. but if this ever happened again, I think our showground could receive some great improvements to help with evac animals etc, the people who came through disaster relief for people were amazing, the donations were amazing ( sadly they never always get to those who really should have them too)
    Anyhow, we are still green and very dry here with fires still about and in unburnt areas... but we are doing much better than south of us now, this demon seems determined to have a go at us all.. so stay safe.
    Hopefully the predicted rain sees me needing a raincoat.. apparently I will have nice (containment) trails to ride up the hill now

Stay safe everyone, this has been one crazy ride.... with lots of bumps and hills.

So good to hear you and your fur babies are all ok. The horses that you are also caring for will never forget how you helped them at a scary and disorientating time for them. Keep safe . Enjoy the green. I must admit here in Mornington Peninsula is unusually green this year (last year we were in drought with no pasture). I have felt my boys have been safe whilst locked on their property without owners present there. But with those 40 degree days we have had you cant help but hold your breath with worry. People like you have seen some terrible things and may not be the same again. But however you are also incredibly brave and still thing of others as well as yourself. Take care. The road should smooth out soon.
    Horses are my friends for life

Who has got rain ?? Its been bliss here all week. Hope its put all the fires out and everyone is safe ?