Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horses in Sydney

Default Horses in Sydney

Hi All

I am soon to apply for a new job and will likely apply for a district in Sydney region.
    I am looking for recommendations as to where is best to base myself to have access to good horse facilities/coaches etc.

I do primarily dressage and would like to be somewhere with a good arena, safe paddocks (even if smaller) and a good riding coach.
    What good riders and coaches are based in the region/ good agistment facilities?
    I need to be based near a hospital (for work) and would like access to my horse within half an hour.

I am considering Northern Beaches, Hawkesbury, somewhere south??

Any experience shared would be appreciated +/- rough costs of adgistment from your own experience

Currently I am in Newcastle, but find it difficult to access good facilities as most are in the Hunter Valley which is near an hour drive.

Thanks!

Hello- not too many people seem to come by of late. Stay put, if you think Newcastle is hard, good luck finding a place about Sydney. Dural area perhaps. Lots of commuting will be needed depending on where you end up working.
    Canberra was a good place to work and ride .

bad time to think of moving, take care

best of luck in the job hunt. so many once popular areas are getting built out

terry hills was once a hub of activity but for some weird reason the council has decided to close trails and restrict where you can even keep a horse?
    such a shame
    Last edited by mindari; 18-04-20 at 02:34 AM.

As cyrus said,Canberra IS a good place to work and ride!
    We live out of town and I generally allow 1/2 hour to go anywhere in the ACT. Coaches come fairly regularly from Sydney (and overseas). A fairly good amount of agistment is available and there are hospitals! Not as humid as Sydney, but a lot windier and colder in winter!

how did you go?
    For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright, who art as black as hell, as dark as night...

Iím glad this got bumped as I too am moving to Sydney as I have finished my degree and gotten a job in one of the major hospitals in the city.

Congratulations, raffles101! Good luck with finding accomodation and for your future!

Yes, Congratulations.

not too sure about places. will see if my daughter has any suggestions

Good luck both of you. I wonder if the Cumberland trail riding clubs are still going? I loved going on rides with them

haven't done any for over 4 years now

sigh

Thank you! I am very excited for a new start. Iíll miss my little island home though.
    Hopefully I find somewhere nice to ride, even if I have to travel a distance to get there.