Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roll Call....

Certainly a bit cooler here, not as bad as Canberra though. We really got no rain, but we will live. After 5 years, there are less and less weeds here, thankfully. I probably could live on green grass, but as Skipper had been laminitic before we moved, I relented and paid 29.50 a bale for Teff hay. Before the fires it was 19.50.... but I should make it through. I prefer to give them dry food amongst the always green here. They strip graze and the grass still grows, as we had a lot of rain earlier. My son turned 30, no parties, my brother turned 80, no party- at least we are all still alive and kicking. Lets hope the emerging freedoms keep us covid safe

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe ? Lets hope there is no second wave. It just seems so futile when there is none around you, like in our area, but the minute you step out of your bubble , the signas are all there that many are still not doing the right thing. Yesterday in our local IGA ( where everyone knows everyone ) there was this big dirty hairy man coughing and hacking all over the place. No mask. Not covering his mouth at all. No one knew who he was so a stranger in town, coughing all over the place. Needless everyone gave him a wide path and stayed right away , and out come our masks. What hope when idiots do this sort of thing ?
    Stay safe everyone.

Iím a nurse on the frontline.
    Already been in mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks from close contact but thankfully avoided the virus by some stroke of luck. Been swabbed quite a few times now, not fun but essential.
    I work full time in a Covid-19 testing clinic as well as trying to balance full time University studies.

What I would give to be able to ride again..... just to be able to get a small break and enjoy the sunshine for a few moments.

Stay safe raffles, you all are doing such an amazing job under such crazy circumstances....
    Hopefully everyone is well and staying sane amid the turmoil.
    If you are a football fan - STOP reading now.. but I think having football now is an utter disgrace, how much above the rest of this world do they think they are? The sad part is the fans worship the ground they run on.... our human race is in need of help.

on another note, Cashy has been a lame for a while now, he is older than I was told ( how many suffer that human lie? ) when a horse is sold.

but it was nice to see him running as fast as he can and leaving Skipper in the dust yesterday.

He has had a few sessions to help him out, and hopefully he didn't damage other parts yesterday...
    Oh to be free like a horse and the birds again. We have also had hundreds of corellas passing through each day for about a week now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKfhNDX0QRI

Oh cyrus I'm sorry poor Cashy - how much older is he? On the other hand lucky Cashy ending up with you to care for him. He'll be right!
    On the football note, I thoroughly agree with you. But, it is consistent with the inconsistent messages the government has been putting out throughout this whole COVID-19 busines!!

20 something maybe .. hard to really ever be sure. On another note... we could say why bother with covid, protests etc, its just a mad mad world.

I agree with large numbers of people shouldn't be attending together. In Melbourne yesterday like other cities the protest was well attended. Yes there should be something done about people in custody dying but is it worth the risk. No one was arrested for breaking Covid 19 regulations but organisers just fined!
    I have been absent I apologise. Been busy looking for new agistment. Its only the 2nd time in 20 years we have moved. The new owners of the property after originally allowing us to stay on decided to change their minds. Was told we had 6 to 8 weeks . Which then became 3 weeks. Was told we had to be out as they were bulldozing the 30 year old trees along the driveway next to our paddocks and that they were demolishing the stables and tack area.Also re-fencing the property. Well we got out by due date and 2 weeks later . Yes sadly the trees have gone. But the stables and tack area still standing and only the top wire has gone from my fences. But its turned out for the best as we are in a better place now. I think being with our horses is the best way to stay away from all the covid going ons.
    Horses are my friends for life

You have not missed a lot Mickey, like a morgue here these days. I hope the new places are better than you can imagine, we all need things to improve in todays uncertain world.
    Only time to wait and see what the protests will have done to delay life a little more. Either way I do not have to go anywhere, so thankful I like my 5 acres... bit cool recently. Rain would be welcomed, been a while now.
    We just have to Give it all we got.... I always loved Marcia Hines, she is singing that version from the 80s, I read she is coming to the New Voice as mentor because of the covid restrictions.

Skippers goitre is getting very big now, the vet has looked , and looked again, we are glad it seems to be growing outwardly... but a bit of exercise never hurt us at all...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYKyRQUCPzg