Thread: Tiny piece of video for a giggle....be nice...I know my weaknesses

Default Tiny piece of video for a giggle....be nice...I know my weaknesses

Starting to work on the flying changes...always an adventure...

https://imgur.com/gallery/SwwnEIC

Bouncy bouncy.
    Way better than I ride so no criticism from me

The horse was over ridden into v and Hz overbend and was therefore unable to offer a change .
    There must be controlled but impulsive energy available, the nag can't do stuff with its head on its chest no matter what the other truck drivers say.
    Before attempting changes , you should have been demonstrating much much more forward paces .. poll higher..and using much less counter and normal bend.
    I would have you demonstrating collected to medium to collected canter several times on each long side using seat alone.. and then collected into haltů..before even considering flying changes.

Can you jump this horse ?
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

Nice to see some people back, well done GB. Thanks for sharing.

very expressive!

Quote Originally Posted by tgh05 View Post
    The horse was over ridden into v and Hz overbend and was therefore unable to offer a change .
    There must be controlled but impulsive energy available, the nag can't do stuff with its head on its chest no matter what the other truck drivers say.
    Before attempting changes , you should have been demonstrating much much more forward paces .. poll higher..and using much less counter and normal bend.
    I would have you demonstrating collected to medium to collected canter several times on each long side using seat alone.. and then collected into halt…..before even considering flying changes.

Can you jump this horse ?
    I wouldn’t use the term “much much more forward paces” this will only lead to rushed flat changes, a greater degree of energy and collection is a better explanation...... however........
    I don’t recall GB requesting a coaches input, has she transferred you your coaching fee? Thus cementing her request for your advice? If GB wants some pointers I’d gladly give her some things to work through, BUT, I would do so privately after she has actually asked.

Edited to add: good work GB, your horse looks responsive and supple. I’d love to have a sit on this one, which from me is very high praise indeed.

Haha…l4l… I am sure the fee is in the mail.
    I have provided input to gb in the past, if the op did not wish to receive comment.. why post training pic?
    I agree with the generality of your comments.. yes energy and collection are desired.. BUT.. they come from forward ambition in the horse.
    The horse must go when allowed, pushing is passe; the textbook preoccupation with introspective metronomic rhythm is perhaps less relevant today as the best horses show clear ambition.. or go….
    So the horse must demonstrate compressibility… stronger strides shorter strides from the seat
    The developed "bounce" energy is then easily directed to all the tricks.. changes , multiple changes , pirouette.. they all come from ambition and collection
    Herewith endeth the sermon

Cheers teegs, I have jumped her, but I’m a bit of a chicken and between wet paddocks and husband sowing crops in paddocks, there hasn’t been a lot of outside time this winter. I will put the cavalettis back up and start riding tiny courses with a bit more forward canter. I try to ride with the head down...less spooking here...so it ticks a few of the submission boxes and I agree, I’m riding her over bent in this piece of video.

'Onya GB.. it's easy to sit in the armchair and pontificate.. ( it's about all I am up to anymore )
    Just don't lose sight of the seminal basics.. all the tricks come from rock solid basics.
    Go and stop are first principles that must always be trumps.
    Hence my suggestion for compression and decompression.. gently gently .. but it has to/must come to start the tricks correctly
    Back on the haunches and forward.. over and over.. the changes will then just pop
    keep up the good work...