Thread: Happy 20th Birthday to Alfie

Default Happy 20th Birthday to Alfie

My little boy I got as a 9 month old feral foal child has grown up into a beautiful caring man. Alf is best friend to Badger and was best friend to Flash. I still cannot repay Alf enough for how he made Flash's last years so full of life and fun. Then Alf showed how caring he was as he looked after Maxie ( who was quite blind) and allowed Max (along with Badger) to have confidence in his paddock and walking out along abandoned Mornington railway line. Alf like all of us is waiting for Covid restrictions to lift completely but for now we can go out 25 klm radious on our trail walks along with his buddy Badger. Next July he will be back in the arena at Equitana to defend his jumping class. Love you my little red terror.
    Horses are my friends for life

sounds like a once in a lifetime horse! a real treasure Happy birthday Alfie

Many Happies to Alfie. He sounds wonderful mickie. One of my ponies is blind, he copes well but it never worked out with a companion pony for him, he either resented them being close, or was bullied so we stopped trying. As long as there are a few animals around 'over the fence' he is happy. Wouldn't a look-at-Alfie-go day at Equitana be great!

Happy Birthday Alfie, and well done Mickey

Thank you everyone. I woke up to rain and clouds. Thought not fair wanted to take Alf and Badger on a walk on a equestrain trail we recently helped save in Mornington. But to my surprise the afternoon was just beautiful and the boys walked 4 klms. Only to have a party back at their shelter with a lik it and there was not much left this morning. LOL.
    Horses are my friends for life